Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe_FX II Rigs, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Digital Modelling.

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited March 2016
    Cool. Interested to see what you think. A lot of variety in that pack.
    I've not tried making my own mixes yet, so I'm using the mixes that are already there [just to get used to things]

I have the Herbert ch2- -> 412 MAR-CB-M25B-OH1-10
    and the 5153Green --> 412 MAR-60-LYN-BK-OH2-10

sounds fkn stellar
    listening to them stood alone and comparing is one thing.. in the mix is quite another..
    there seems to be more clarity.. and more 'stuff'.. but I don't know what the 'stuff' actually is.. just that it's there..

totally sold on this… you have altered my workflow forever.. and for the better too..
    thanks loads.. loving this.. by about 11.5 metric shtloads..

EDIT: in the DAW there's no EQ, reverb or fx going on..
    just dry and panned and they sound perfect
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have any of you good people seen this yet?

• RolandRoland Frets: 8733
    Yes. It illustrates the point that we all listen for different things in our guitar sound. It's fascinating that we're looking at this level of detail. I can understand why it would be important for some players. In practice it has no impact on the particular way I play.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I've not messed with that parm..
    to be honest I tend to ignore most advanced parms
    play every note as if it were your first
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited March 2016
    Same here.  I rarely touch advanced parameters.  I'm still on 2.01 also, it is working for me.
  • Havent really touched advanced since FW 5 or so, and only then because I moved from a standard where you really needed to,

I do play with bright cap value and Low Freq Cut-off on occasion but thats it. 

• Bugger.  I just updated Axe Edit because the new assign colours to search thing seemed really useful, and now it is telling me I need to update my firmware to Q3... I'd rather roll back my Axe Edit to whatever it was until today.  I can't seem to find a download file on my Mac.  
  • I'm betting it said something about incompatabiliyt in the readme and I just skimmed past it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33809
    Clarky said:
    to be honest I tend to ignore most advanced parms
    Same here.
    So the Fractal cab packs have been/are being re-released as Ultra Res 2.0

Has anyone tested these out?  The differences/improvements seem pretty downplayed on the FAS forum
    edited August 2016
    Quantum 4 has been released.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-4-00-firmware-release.118133/

I haven't tried it yet, but the nice thing is you can choose Q4 or previous modelling so as long as you back up presets there's nothing to lose by updating.  I just didn't have the time to update yesterday as I forgot how long backups take (I've got an XL) and ran out of time.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Improved power tube plate current vs. grid voltage accuracy.

Ahhh... they'll get it one day. lol.
  • Lol.  Soon.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7349
    Woah thanks Cliff you're awesome this is awesome it sounds better than ever before even though I've said that every single firmware update and there's been no discernible difference between the last 10!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • :)

I'd love if Cliff posted something like 'all I ever do is tweak a 5khz shelf'

Regardless, you can roll back modelling version without having to reinstall now so win/win...
    There have been times when people have been praising him for revolutionising the unit, and then he's come in to the thread and said that he changed absolutely nothing other than adding a new amp.
  • It's true. I installed 4 and the difference between 3.03 and 4 is subtle, plus they're not totally volume matched... Only tried the 6505+ rhythm bright so far. More excited by the 500T I put in my Les Paul. Oh well. I'm hoping since ML Soundlabs is doing another bass can pack that Fractal will look at bass FX/amps again. Right now I love the Axe for guitar but for bass a Darkglass B7KU or Sansamp RBI just works better for my tastes when it comes to bass grit/distortion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone tried the dweezils b man model? Really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be so high gain but it's awesome!
  • Yeah it is cool. There are honestly so many options that I've yet to find a tone I like that I can't get for guitar (providing I have a suitable IR). 
    Great moment this weekend. Went back to that tone I made with the dweezil amp and it sounded absolutely fucking shit. Turned it off disgusted after a bit. Went back to it the next day and noticed my tone knob was all the way down on my guitar. Turned it up and it was fine again. Oops.