Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10694
    Well it’s not exactly hers but it was needed to counteract yours!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1410
    Emp_Fab said:
    Hang on.... how can this be 'Clare_Bear's' thread....    ?     I think the last time she was here was before the invention of the internet.

It's all explaned in a documentary that may interest you. It's called "Threads" ;)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited December 2023
    Emp_Fab said:
    Hang on.... how can this be 'Clare_Bear's' thread....    ?     I think the last time she was here was before the invention of the internet.
    Wasn’t it a thread title on the old MR forum previously? Presumably it just got carried over? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    viz said:
    Well it’s not exactly hers but it was needed to counteract yours!
    If you're referring to "Shit that boils your piss", now terribly renamed to "Need to vent? Do it here".  Awful decision that...  one of the worst ever made here.  There was no need t.....    Sorry, if you're talking about that - it's not mine.  It never was.  I never started it.

If you're referring to my general penchant for being a miserable, moaning bastard - guilty as charged.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ah I thought the original BMP thread was yours. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    It was - I had to fiddle in the database to change the owner of the thread, because constantly getting notifications was another thing that boiled his piss :D
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hahahahahaha awesome!!
  • I just cycled 10 miles through rural north west Hampshire, listening to an old edition of Iggy Confidential, and stopped off at a village shop to pick up a loaf of bread for my son and DiL, who have recently given me and Mrs M a first grand daughter. I'm frying some bacon to go in a freshly baked baguette with some brie. It's been a great morning :)
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    edited December 2023
    maharg101 said:
    my son and DiL, who have recently given me and Mrs M a first grand daughter
    You'd think they'd want to keep the first one.

[edit] Sorry - forgot to say congratulations. That sounds like a really nice baguette.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Today’s a good day. I’ve been discharged from Hospital, having spent 33 days as an inpatient. Never spent more than 8 days in before, and that was 10 years ago after some pretty hefty surgery.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jeez mate are you alright?
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    edited December 2023
    Not too bad and better than I was at the beginning.

I strongly believe (especially in relation to one's health, and, in my case, physical health) in accepting the state that you are in, even though you might wish it to be otherwise. This frees me up to do the best I can. I'm currently somewhat weak and have lost weight.

I really miss playing in the band of "old gits"  that I am part of, especially as we revamped the band about 3 months ago with losing one member (his choice) and added another two, including a very good keyboard player (ex piano teacher!), plus modernising our repertoire.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Hope you can get back to it soon dude
  • IIRC I was the original OP of the MR version of shit that boils thread. I do not mind at all that I didn't get notifications on it here for 10 years! 

This thread is far better and should be encouraged
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    viz said:
    It was - I had to fiddle in the database to change the owner of the thread, because constantly getting notifications was another thing that boiled his piss D
    Not correct Sir!

The title "STBMP" is not of my making.  It is not a phrase I'd ever heard before seeing it here.  There is a slim possibility that I recreated it on here as continuity from a thread of the same name on my temp forum, though I have no memory of that whatsoever.

Either way, whoever started the original "STBMP" thread was absolutely, categorically, not me.  As I said, I've never heard that expression outside the forum and it's certainly not something I would have made up, it's too effluent for me and I've always disliked it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18757
    ^ Nurse! He's avoided his medication & has got loose again...  ;)
  • Emp_Fab said:
    viz said:
    It was - I had to fiddle in the database to change the owner of the thread, because constantly getting notifications was another thing that boiled his piss D
    Not correct Sir!

The title "STBMP" is not of my making.  It is not a phrase I'd ever heard before seeing it here.  There is a slim possibility that I recreated it on here as continuity from a thread of the same name on my temp forum, though I have no memory of that whatsoever.

Either way, whoever started the original "STBMP" thread was absolutely, categorically, not me.  As I said, I've never heard that expression outside the forum and it's certainly not something I would have made up, it's too effluent for me and I've always disliked it.

<space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    ^^ lol, don't argue with the boss!  :)

• SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    Was that the original original one? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Ah-HA!  Vindicated !!

"As I (re)started...."

I knew I wasn't going mental!   But I do appear to be forgetting things!

I couldn't remember REstarting it on "The Fretboard" but clearly I did, however, I never created the original on (however far back it went - my temp forum, Intermusic (probably)).  So I really just migrated the thread here and wasn't the original creator.

Ok, technically, it therefore is and isn't 'my' thread, depending on how you look at it.  Kind of a 'Schrödinger's Thread'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom