Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pedals, do you not use any?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3580
Reading the thread about the perfect guitar/amp thing I kind of thought well , what about any pedals you put between them, do you use them? I bought an overdrive pedal and it very rarely gets used, apart from that I dont have any others, are effects a ''must have'' or do you get what you need without them? I would be interested to hear from people who dont use them, the kind of music you play and the rig you use to play it. 
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Apart from tuner I only use one pedal and that's it - no amp!

It's the Atomic Amplifire.

When I play bass live it's no pedals, just straight in to the amp.
  • Can believe Im saying this... NO !

Everything sorted through the Kemper.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Rarely if ever use any pedals. Even distortion.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Everything gets written unplugged usually then it goes to the board for finishing.
    I do sometimes plug straight in, usually with the 345. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Can believe Im saying this... NO !

Everything sorted through the Kemper.

For now, Wazmeister, for now....

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28658
    I only use three; a Helix, a Reflex, and a FIGLA. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    For heavier stuff I like the sound of a high-gain amp with nothing in front, or JCM with just a TS or SD-1, but for more thoughtful noodling I love the "palette" you get from stacking combinations of different drives into a high headroom amp (or 2, or 3).

I also like the Van Halen chain - phase 90, ep preamp, echo/delay, steaming cranked Marshall.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    No pedals.

Have a Big Muff but rarely use it, seems to much of a faff to be honest.
  • Pedals are pretty much the point for me. Guitar straight in has been done to death. Still fun from of course, but for me, the magic lies in the little boxes of fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I own a few pedals but rarely use them. I own no drive pedals whatsoever.

I recently did some studio work for a friend, which required a ‘big’, distorted guitar sound. I maxed the amp gain and cranked the master - it sounded great.
  • I kinda want the new Danish Pete pedal from ThorpyFX seems to be a perfect option for the TFB jams, one pedal to plug in to get extra boost or drive as appropriate!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I go through phases but at the moment am all about nothing more than my Hudson Broadcast.

When I do start arsing about with pedals I find I spend so much time tweaking knobs and rearranging batting orders I forget to actually play much of anything. Fun to make weird squelchy sounds but I guess that’s true for several walks of life.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Tuner pedal and that's it for me. Too many dials to mess about with. Had pedals but drive me mad constantly tweaking and fiddling on:(
  • Pedals are for the weak.
    7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Generally yes, but it’s on a board so it’s easy to just not plug the board in.

dont need any tweaking, all the settings are done.
  • Cornish SS2 being neglected since ive chucked a Tube Driver back in the rack
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4161
    edited September 2018
    A drive/fuzz or two perhaps, and the occasional looper. I’ve never really found a reason to use mod, filter or delay pedals unless I’m doing covers, they’re just not something that I naturally want to use.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    I’m down to 3 pedals. drive, Flint for Reverb/Trem and DD2 delay. I’ve been through lots of modulation pedals but found I rarely used them.....I would like another Lazyj cruiser but that’s about it. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    I use lots of pedals. I have to cover up my complete lack of skill somehow you know. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    boogieman said:
    I use lots of pedals. I have to cover up my complete lack of skill somehow you know. 
    I tried that, but I found the more I used pedals, the worse I sounded.  :s
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.