Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pedals, do you not use any?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    thegummy said:

. But I do think they might prefer a synth and think these days with software, many of those artists are indeed using them.
    I can assure you, I wouldn't, thanks.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I only use the channel switch on the amp - no pedals. I can just about focus on what im doing with my hands, let alone with my feet. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
    Archers theme?
    Supposed to be Smoke on the Water although looking at it I might not have it right. Unfortunately, having that in my signature might be undermining the argument I was about to make that I understand full well pedals aren't all about pub gigs, classic rock and blues :hushed:  

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    impmann said:
    thegummy said:

. But I do think they might prefer a synth and think these days with software, many of those artists are indeed using them.

Really don't understand why you'd have a bee in your bonnet about it.

Maybe you've tried synths and didn't prefer them, many people have and did. We think many who haven't might well.

If you don't then that's your preference, no one mentioned you specifically or tried to force anyone to change instruments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    edited September 2018
    thegummy said:
    impmann said:
    thegummy said:

Maybe you've tried synths and didn't prefer them, many people have and did. We think many who haven't might well.

If you don't then that's your preference, no one mentioned you specifically or tried to force anyone to change instruments.
    I haven't got a bee in anyone's bonnet!! :-)

My point was, you were making assumptions about people with big boards containing many pedals - and saying that they would prefer a synth... I can assure you, I wouldn't prefer a synth. I play guitar, but do enjoy using a lot of different pedals - sometimes just one or two, sometimes none at all and sometimes several at once, depending on what sound/texture I am trying to achieve.

Believe me, I'm not a blues purist (far fucking from it) and not anti-keyboards at all. :-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• You do realise that there are other types of music than rock, right?
    and roll?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    impmann said:
    thegummy said:
    impmann said:
    thegummy said:

I haven't got a bee in anyone's bonnet!! :-)

My point was, you were making assumptions about people with big boards containing many pedals - and saying that they would prefer a synth... I can assure you, I wouldn't prefer a synth. I play guitar, but do enjoy using a lot of different pedals - sometimes just one or two, sometimes none at all and sometimes several at once, depending on what sound/texture I am trying to achieve.

Believe me, I'm not a blues purist (far fucking from it) and not anti-keyboards at all. :-)

Cool man glad to hear it :) 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3580
    edited September 2018
    Legend has it, that Eric Clapton, a well known blues player, has more pedals than a Dutch bicycle shop.
    Only sayin.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Including that Dallas rangemaster ;)
  • What ever way Bonnymassey does it is the correct way and that's the way I do it.

That man is a legend!
  • Actually not used any pedals for a while - I went straight into my amp with my last band and I'm doing that for practice too at the moment, but I want to build a new (small) board - something like a tuner (I have an excellent Behringer) into a Phase 90 and a drive pedal. Maybe a delay too but the jury is still out on that. 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Looking through the posts it seems like the trend is no or minimal pedals. Agree with others that the better the amp, the fewer pedals generally required. But my EP boost is almost always on. Improves the tone whether clean or dirty.
  • I am a thoroughly terrible player, but like nice sounds, therefore I own a Boss ME50 and a TC Shimmer reverb. And one of my amps is full of the things. The upside is the primary "practical" reason I have for playing at all is songwriting ( I am a drummer in real life ) and I find that a spot of mucking about with noises can help with the creative juices when writing. I NEVER turn everything up to eleven and just listen to the sounds that occur when just playing a G chord or a very simple melody. Nope. No sirree.