Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pedals, do you not use any?

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    Zoolooter said:
    Although I would like to try a decent spring reverb pedal.
    Boss FRV-1
    Unparalleled.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grunfeld said:
    Zoolooter said:
    Although I would like to try a decent spring reverb pedal.
    Boss FRV-1
    Unparalleled.
    Yeah, heard a lot about this, and there's a few for sale on here I think. Hmmmm....
  • dindude said:
    Can believe Im saying this... NO !

Everything sorted through the Kemper.

Is your Carr just a Kemper stand these days Waz?
    It is at the moment... I do run the Rambler and Kemper together somet8mes for massive awesome-ness

• thegummy said:

What's the setup with the 4 speakers and cab?
    2 x Genelec 8020s into Kemper L/R out

2 x Genelec 8010s into Kemper Monitor

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like my guitar to sound like a sparkling glass cathedral for the clean bits and then like he'll has burst forth upon the earth and the sky is raining fire in some bits......I use pedals
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No pedals. Les Paul standard straight into Diamond spitfire II amp and 2 x 12 Zilla cab. Classic rock and i love the racket i can kick up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • At the moment I don't, but that's because I'm on a bit of a rebuild after completely stripping down my setup. I'm definitely a pedal person, though - Kinda have to be when you're not really a huge guitar-music person yet have played the instrument for 16 years :astonished: 
  • I bought a big cardboard box full of pedals on eBay many years ago for naff all, and I thought 'Great, I can start exploring the world of pedals now!' I don't think I've ever used any of them in anger. Basically the only effect I actually like is tremolo and that's usually built into an amp.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389

thegummy said:

Sorry I'm not that familiar with the Kemper, what audio actually gets routed to the different speakers? Is the cab just for show?

I think I've heard that it's possible on the Kemper for the amp sound to come out a cab then just the wet component of stereo effects like reverb etc. come separately out of stereo speakers. Is that true? Is it even desirable?

Definitely would love to get a Kemper one day down the road. It's just so expensive and my Amplifire sounds so good to me it's hard to justify the upgrade.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    TS9 - only on the odd occasion usually just bring the vol up on he guitar
  • thegummy said:

thegummy said:

Sorry I'm not that familiar with the Kemper, what audio actually gets routed to the different speakers? Is the cab just for show?

I think I've heard that it's possible on the Kemper for the amp sound to come out a cab then just the wet component of stereo effects like reverb etc. come separately out of stereo speakers. Is that true? Is it even desirable?

Definitely would love to get a Kemper one day down the road. It's just so expensive and my Amplifire sounds so good to me it's hard to justify the upgrade.
    I'd like to know this also. I'm guessing that Wazmeister is running two left/two right with the full sound coming out of both... If so, I have to wonder what that'd sound like with the speakers placed around you.

I think it'd be glorious.
  • I use a CAL mk.4.23 boost and that's about it
  • No, I'm selling all my pedals.  
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1636
    I love pedals but I find myself in a strange position in that I love the sound of my amps up loud and using my guitar to control the gain. 

However, I couldn’t not use pedals as I love modulation pedals and they are a key part of my sound. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4777
     I have a Big Muff 
    Please - this is a family friendly forum. As if having a name like John-Thomas wasn't bad enough!!rolleyes WHbiggrin grin
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I own two pedals and ones a tuner. The other is a fuzz as you can’t replicate that with an amp. 

Having said that though I don’t gig anymore and sold my last valve amp and now only use a Katana 50, I don’t use its effects much either except adding in a fuzz when I want it. 
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Tried with and without yesterday. Pedals all the time - I need them to enter the cosmos
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    Yes I need pedals to stop me entering classic rock hell
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2263
    It depends on the application.

As some background, I played acoustic guitar for many years and saw electric as an extension i.e. as a noise maker. I have about 15 pedals.

Also the classic rock he'll scenario @dindude I use overdrive pedals so I can get cleans.

Most of this year ive used an acoustic or archtop clean or without an amp. Yesterday I played electric and used overdrive reverb mel9 pitchshifter and tremolo , I probably need to add delay and a filter.
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    edited September 2018
    dindude said:
    Yes I need pedals to stop me entering classic rock hell
    Hmm. That’s exactly why I use them. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.