The FB BJJ / MA Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited February 2020
    Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:
    Fuengi said:
    Anybody fancy an upset tonight or will it be another Jon Jones clinic against Dominick Reyes? 
    Not sure to be honest. Jones looked a little sheepish at the weigh in face off but that could mean nothing. 
    He’s a beast when he wants to be and looked great against santos 
    I guess Jones shuts Reyes down like he did Lionheart. He's an absolute master at interrupting opponents rhythm and stopping them getting set, I can't see how Reyes gets past that except to land a couple of early bombs. 
    Yep if he doesn’t blast the low calf kicks or knock him out by round two then he’s lost. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    grungebob said:
    Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:
    Fuengi said:
    Anybody fancy an upset tonight or will it be another Jon Jones clinic against Dominick Reyes? 
    Not sure to be honest. Jones looked a little sheepish at the weigh in face off but that could mean nothing. 
    I guess Jones shuts Reyes down like he did Lionheart. He's an absolute master at interrupting opponents rhythm and stopping them getting set, I can't see how Reyes gets past that except to land a couple of early bombs. 
    Yep if he doesn’t blast the low calf kicks or knock him out by round two then he’s lost. 
    Santos has some success with the leg kicks until his knee went? 
    Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:
    Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:
    Fuengi said:
    Santos has some success with the leg kicks until his knee went? 
    Yeah I thought so. 
  • Hard for anyone to look super confident in the leadup to fighting Jones, but Reyes looks quite nervous to me at all times in the buildup. 
    I'd like to see someone dethrone Jones, but can't see it being Reyes tbh.  Maybe that kid with the mohican (Jonny Walker??) once he gets another fight or two under his belt, and /or if Jones starts to decline.  
    I think Jones has started to look a little less dominant in his last couple of fights, personally, but he does appear to be quite motivated this time around.
    Hard for anyone to look super confident in the leadup to fighting Jones, but Reyes looks quite nervous to me at all times in the buildup. 
    I'd like to see someone dethrone Jones, but can't see it being Reyes tbh.  Maybe that kid with the mohican (Jonny Walker??) once he gets another fight or two under his belt, and /or if Jones starts to decline.  
    I think Jones has started to look a little less dominant in his last couple of fights, personally, but he does appear to be quite motivated this time around.

Yes, he does. He's talked about moving up next to fight Stipe but not sure how much if that is taunting DC. 

• Unless this goes to the underdog Reyes, the division is pretty stale right now, isn't it? 
    Jones may make those noises but I'm not convinced he truly wants to do that and risk blemishes on his record. 
    I'm way more excited about Tony v Khabib in April. That should be fascinating.
    Oh, and did you see Adesanya badmouth Jones again in the presser for the Romero fight? He's really got a hard on for the chance of fighting Jones after their little twitter war, so if the weights can work that could be a very interesting fight, stylistically.
    Unless this goes to the underdog Reyes, the division is pretty stale right now, isn't it? 
    Jones may make those noises but I'm not convinced he truly wants to do that and risk blemishes on his record. 
    I'm way more excited about Tony v Khabib in April. That should be fascinating.
    Oh, and did you see Adesanya badmouth Jones again in the presser for the Romero fight? He's really got a hard on for the chance of fighting Jones after their little twitter war, so if the weights can work that could be a very interesting fight, stylistically.
    I can't see how Jones v Adesanya happens, especially with Jones going up. I think Adesanya looks small at Middle, wouldn't be at all surprised if Yoel wins that. 

Tony v Khabib is fascinating. Tony is so dangerous from bottom he could cause Khabib problems. Josh Thompson was on Rogan recently and he said Khabib wins that all day long as he said "Tony isn't a particularly strong individual" and just won't be able to cope with Khabib. Should be fun to see if he's right. 
    Either way boys should be a night of fun fights. 
  • Yeah I think it'll be a good night . Don't forget Derrick too - 'my balls was hot!'

I heard that Rogan episode but I think Thompson is doing Tony a disservice.  He may not be quite as strong physically, on the ground maybe, but he's durable and pushes a ridiculous place.  I think Khabib will need to be very careful. Tony is relentless.
    And I'd love to see Tony do it, especially as everyone seems to now be overlooking him in favour of talking about the McGregor v Khabib rematch. It's bound to fire Tony up even more. 

Anyway, back to the here and now, fingers crossed it's a good un.  Thank fuck BT didn't go for PPV again. Sick of that shit already. It's hard enough staying awake all night at my age, let alone being asked to pay twice for it. 
    If I want to pay for a good sleep, I go to the cinema with the wife.

@rivercider ive got the sleeping thing down to an art form. 
    Bed at 10pm alarm for 2:45am bed at 6am alarm for 9. 
    Technically 7-8hrs kip just a bit broken up. 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited February 2020
    Wtf happened there? Lewis did nothing until a couple of strikes at the end and won because he was the home boy.  Judges should be ashamed.  The little fella took him down three times with ease. Oh dear.
  • grungebob said:
    @rivercider ive got the sleeping thing down to an art form. 
    Bed at 10pm alarm for 2:45am bed at 6am alarm for 9. 
    Technically 7-8hrs kip just a bit broken up. 
    Yes sometimes i do that,other times I just stay up. I've had tinnitus for five years now so my sleeping is all fucked up anyway, at the best of times. 
    Wtf happened there? Lewis did nothing until a couple of strikes at the end and won because he was the home boy.  Judges should be ashamed.  The little fella took him down three times with ease. Oh dear.
    I love Lewis. But yeah that result was weird. 
    There’s an argument for majority draw. I had Lewis round 1 latifi round 2 and 3 could be argued either way. 
    Just woke up and watched some highlights on YouTube, looked like Reyes gave Jones fits in the first round. He looked like Street Fighter coming in and out from range  =) nice way of avoiding Jones low kicks but hard on the cardio. 
  • Just woke up myself having stayed up...Reyes was much more of a handle than I'd anticipated.  Couple of times there I thought he was gonna do it, the last two rounds he lost in my view, but before that I thought he had the edge. 
    Those judges list night though, after the Lewis decision I had no faith in them at all.
    By all accounts they were shocking during the prelims too. I’ll watch them later tonight when I get home from training. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Took part in my first Japanese JJ competition yesterday - came away with a bronze medal in the random attacks, which was nice. What was even nicer is that I won the award for student of the year, out of around 120 people - so pretty chuffed :)

Also started judo up again - but I don't think it's for me. Way too brutal, and all the senseis are constantly injured...!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @FarleyUK  well done!
    FarleyUK said:
    Took part in my first Japanese JJ competition yesterday - came away with a bronze medal in the random attacks, which was nice. What was even nicer is that I won the award for student of the year, out of around 120 people - so pretty chuffed :)

Also started judo up again - but I don't think it's for me. Way too brutal, and all the senseis are constantly injured...!
    Congratulations, fantastic achievement.
  • There's a deal on at bjjfanatics at the moment- order a video by Bernardo Faria & put in the code FARIAFREE at checkout- you get $77 off. 
    I got the Fundamentals of BJJ one free.