Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1596

If you two want to cover lead and rhythm for Hey Joe that's fine.

Would be good to know if I Saw Her Standing There is going to happen or not so I can practice my George parts if required!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    Its up to you @springhead re hey joe I'm happy either way.  We just need to rope in a singer for saw her standing there.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    You two go for Hey Joe, I may have to bail out before that point as I'm out in the evening.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    munckee said:
    You can have my lead on mardy @munckee ;
    I can't if I'm singing it, if you want to sing it I'll play lead!
    Okay i might take you up on that. Like you, I've never sang a note in my life!! Also might (might!!) take vocals on saw her standing there if still required. F#ck me the local strays will all be turning up at waterrats when I step up to the mic  :#
    munckee said:
    You can have my lead on mardy @munckee ;
    I can't if I'm singing it, if you want to sing it I'll play lead!
    Okay i might take you up on that. Like you, I've never sang a note in my life!! Also might (might!!) take vocals on saw her standing there if still required. F#ck me the local strays will all be turning up at waterrats when I step up to the mic  :#
    You take the Beatles I'll take arctic monkeys! 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    mrkb said:
    @grappagreen - do you just want me to play the chords for Times like these? I’m not sure what part the lead you are playing is, but I’m assuming that’s covering intro and the rhythmic fills?

Calling @grappagreen - what bits of "times like these" are you calling the lead part? What do I need to learn - just the chords?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    @mrkb ;

Soz mate - lead part is intro melody/solo plus arpeggiated chords through the song.

if you can just play open/power chords underneath we’ll be good.

Si
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    @mrkb ;

Soz mate - lead part is intro melody/solo plus arpeggiated chords through the song.

if you can just play open/power chords underneath we’ll be good.

Si
    Ok, I’m happy with that.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4527
    munckee said:

I watched the videos from last year the other day, I think it was @jonathangus who sang comfortably numb, if so that was awesome by the way chief.

That it was - thanks bud!

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

@lovestrat74 Are you happy (wrong word) with the beatles vocal and have you and jr looked at Steppin Out yet?

Any takers for singing AC/DC?  guys, guys??
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    munckee said:
    @lovestrat74 Are you happy (wrong word) with the beatles vocal and have you and jr looked at Steppin Out yet?

Yes mate I'll do the vocal. Dont need me for stepping out, there is no rhythm just EC going for it. Dont think Finn will do bass as he doesn't even know the song, so looks like your bass skills are going to be put to the test ;)
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Oh we can dump steppin out if nobody else fancies it! I just thought it would be easier. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Oh we can dump steppin out if nobody else fancies it! I just thought it would be easier. 

If you want to play it we will have a go. I can't learn crossroads in time. I will have a look at this. lovestrat74 said:
    munckee said:

Yes mate I'll do the vocal. Dont need me for stepping out, there is no rhythm just EC going for it. Dont think Finn will do bass as he doesn't even know the song, so looks like your bass skills are going to be put to the test ;)
    Right I will do Mardy bum vocal and you the Beatles. Are you happy playing lead on Mardy bum. I can play it and sing but it's your slot  
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Ok cool yeah I’m which case steppin out is easier and doesn’t need a vocal. Plus the solo doesn’t require the high feet access that crossroads does which was causing me an issue. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Hi - what's the guidance for amps on the day?

I'm entirely Fractal and ideally would just bring along my little rack (it's just the Axe FX in a bag) and plug-in.

Is this ok? Or is it restricted to just the amps in the room on the day? (in which case, anyone got a tubescreamer or similar I can borrow?)

Sorry if I missed this

peteri said:

I'm entirely Fractal and ideally would just bring along my little rack (it's just the Axe FX in a bag) and plug-in.

Is this ok? Or is it restricted to just the amps in the room on the day? (in which case, anyone got a tubescreamer or similar I can borrow?)

Sorry if I missed this

Hi Peteri, It would be easier if we could use the amps in the room on the day as the engineers will be next door and I don't want to start messing with stuff, plus we won't have loads of time between songs to change much.  

@soma1975 had agreed to bring a small pedal board which would have over drive etc on it which we could use in the recording room on the day if that's still okay.  My plan was to leave that as the rig for the lead guitar spot and maybe just have a light OD or something for rhythm guitar.
    munckee said:
    peteri said:

Sorry if I missed this

Hi Peteri, It would be easier if we could use the amps in the room on the day as the engineers will be next door and I don't want to start messing with stuff, plus we won't have loads of time between songs to change much.  

@soma1975 had agreed to bring a small pedal board which would have over drive etc on it which we could use in the recording room on the day if that's still okay.  My plan was to leave that as the rig for the lead guitar spot and maybe just have a light OD or something for rhythm guitar.

Sure - FYI it worked fine last time (and the engineers liked it because it was one lead to the mixer), but no need for me to be a diva, and unlike the songs I did last time - bit of overdrive and delay will stand me for the lead parts, so I'll go with the crowd.

Means I don't need to carry the rack either - so all good! ;)

@soma1975 any idea what will be on the board?

@peteri if you can plug it in without assistance or starting a fire and we don't have to look at angry faces during a 15 minute delay its totally fine with me : )

Actually adding to that - last WaterRats I brought quite of a lot of guitars along, this time I was planning on bringing the following, if anyone wants to try/borrow (for the day) one of the below just let me know, grab me, say hi, borrow the guitar:

1. 1953 Les Paul converted to 59 specs (genuine PAFs etc)

2. 1954 Les Paul Goldtop (P90s)

3. 1964 SG Standard

4. 1964 Stratocaster

At home I'll have:

1. 1967 ES-330

2. 1964 ES-345 mono'd and varitone removed

3. 1972 Les Paul Custom

4. 1966 Telecaster (assuming I get the body back from the refin in time, so this one unlikely)

5. Feline Panther, superstrat

And if I'm lucky

6. 1964 ES-330 with bigsby (depending on if it clears customs)

If anyone sees anything on the at home list they'd be keen to have a go on - let me know and I'll try and bring it along. These aren't for sale or anything, but just if people see something they've wanted to try

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I would love a go on the 64 strat @peteri ;