Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    edited March 2019
    Problem is YOU are assuming I'm going to turn it on in the next fortnight. I bought it. That should be enough.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    @munckee Finn does not want to do bass on crossroads, so can you throw it out there to see if there are any takers?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    @munckee Finn does not want to do bass on crossroads, so can you throw it out there to see if there are any takers?
    I will have a look at it if it's idiot simple I will have a go if not I will find someone better! 
    munckee said:
    I will have a look at it if it's idiot simple I will have a go if not I will find someone better! 
    Surprisingly given its cream (what was I thinking) its way too much for me to learn by April 13th (who knew you could bend a bass note! : ).  Its up to you @soma1975 if you want a simple bass line "inspired" by the original but a repeating 12 bars that fits I will attempt to cobble something together.  If you would like a 'bass' player we need to find somebody. 

I'm still hoping on @Bridgehouse who could play it one handed while playing the harmonica I'm sure but he is a maybe.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    edited March 2019
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    Surprisingly given its cream (what was I thinking) its way too much for me to learn by April 13th (who knew you could bend a bass note! : ).  Its up to you @soma1975 if you want a simple bass line "inspired" by the original but a repeating 12 bars that fits I will attempt to cobble something together.  If you would like a 'bass' player we need to find somebody. 

I'm still hoping on @Bridgehouse who could play it one handed while playing the harmonica I'm sure but he is a maybe.
    Jack Bruce... one handed... 

Er....

If only he'd have played the same thing twice on each recording of it

It's a massively complex baseline that is full of his style and nuance and much as I could rip off a half-decent go at it there's no way I'll sound like Jack. Sadly. 

If I'm there I might be able to cobble a passable impression together. 

It's a common phrase heard in rehearsal rooms around the country:

Band: "Let's do a Cream cover"

Bass Player: "fuck right off"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    If Crossroads is a  bit of a ballache I could always choose another tune that might be easier for everyone? Maybe even just another Cream track or perhaps a slightly extended version of Bluesbreakers/Cream Steppin Out?

I recorded me wanking over a backing track of it a while back and listening to it now aside from us not having a hammond organ to hand it all seems pretty simple and straightforward? 

What do you think? 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

Jack Bruce... one handed... 

Er....

If only he'd have played the same thing twice on each recording of it

It's a massively complex baseline that is full of his style and nuance and much as I could rip off a half-decent go at it there's no way I'll sound like Jack. Sadly. 

If I'm there I might be able to cobble a passable impression together. 

It's a common phrase heard in rehearsal rooms around the country:

Band: "Let's do a Cream cover"

Bass Player: "fuck right off"
    I suspect that's what @lovestrat74 jr said (but he's not allowed to swear obviously).  
    soma1975 said:
    If Crossroads is a  bit of a ballache I could always choose another tune that might be easier for everyone? Maybe even just another Cream track or perhaps a slightly extended version of Bluesbreakers/Cream Steppin Out?

I recorded me wanking over a backing track of it a while back and listening to it now aside from us not having a hammond organ to hand it all seems pretty simple and straightforward? 

What do you think? 
    I can't listen to it until tonight, if you want crossroads we'll get it done.  You just may sound more like the version where sid viscious covered the bass part!
    Thinking about it again, if everyone involved fancied it I’d be more than happy to swap from Crossroads to Steppin Out which is a lot more straightforward. @lovestrat74 what do you and your son reckon? 

edited March 2019
    So we need to get these last places sorted.  I have put myself down for bass on Saw Her Standing There.  I have never sung anything in public or anywhere else, for good reason.  However to show willing I have put my name down to ruin mardy bum for the rest of the chaps.  I would like to play on mardy bum which i won't be able to play and sing so if someone could sing it on a second run through that would be useful.

Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975 Lovestrat74jr Mark Blagdon
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot Flanging-Fred  
    Tone71 Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac - NOT Santana Soma1975 grappagreen Sev 112 Sev 112
    Flanging-Fred Another Girl Another Plant - The Only Ones Springhead Flanging-Fred grappagreen Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus grappagreen   Mark Blagdon
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Peteri Sev112 grappagreen Sev 112
    grappagreen Times Like These - The Foo Fighters Grappagreen Mark Blagdon Lovestrat74jr Jonathangus
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles Springhead grappagreen Munckee
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream Mark Blagdon McToot Sev 112 Mark Blagdon
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Soma 1975 Cream - Crossroads Soma1975 Lovestrat74   Jonathangus
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Lovestrat74 McToot Lovestrat74jr Munckee
    2nd Hey Joe Mark Blagdon Flanging Fred
    2nd Rocks
    2nd Mardy Bum munckee

@Fuengi @lovestrat74 @peteri @Flanging_Fred @sev112 @springhead @mrkb @soma1975 can we pitch in and fill these gaps please.

I watched the videos from last year the other day, I think it was @jonathangus who sang comfortably numb, if so that was awesome by the way chief.

Edit - as above Crossroads is likely to change to Steppin Out.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2528
    You can have my lead on mardy @munckee ;
    You can have my lead on mardy @munckee ;
    I can't if I'm singing it, if you want to sing it I'll play lead!
    Dual leads and a vocal duet?

soma1975 said:
    Dual leads and a vocal duet?
    Seriously no one wants to be associated with my voice!  
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1595
    Can't help with any vocals or bass I'm afraid, less than rubbish at both.
    ^^^ This. Not touched a bass in 15 years or so. 

Can't help with any vocals or bass I'm afraid, less than rubbish at both.
    Its just like guitar but easier : ) (hope bridgehouse doesn't read that - I don't mean it!)
    @springhead what about having a stab at the lead on the second run through of Hey Joe?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    munckee said:
    @springhead what about having a stab at the lead on the second run through of Hey Joe?

I’ll take lead on second hey joe please
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:

I’ll take lead on second hey joe please
    Sorry mate had you down for rhythm!  I will play rhythm on that unless springhead fancies it.