Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6819
    @grappagreen - do you just want me to play the chords for Times like these? I’m not sure what part the lead you are playing is, but I’m assuming that’s covering intro and the rhythmic fills?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4526
    mrkb said:
    @Jonathangus - I assume we aren’t doing the extended ending on 29 x ? It will be difficult to get the timing right, and I’ll laugh trying to sing the lyrics .
    Ooh, good question.  This is the version I know best:

(And, while we're talking about keys, are we doing it in Eb tuning?)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

mrkb said:
    @Jonathangus - I assume we aren’t doing the extended ending on 29 x ? It will be difficult to get the timing right, and I’ll laugh trying to sing the lyrics .

Ah Ok - I was listening to the version on "The Best of the Wildhearts" which has another 30 secs on the end. Will learn the version above.

@munckee - suggest you get a spotify playlist together to avoid these sort of issues. Usually the playlist is the version (and key) that everyone learns.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:

Ah Ok - I was listening to the version on "The Best of the Wildhearts" which has another 30 secs on the end. Will learn the version above.

@munckee - suggest you get a spotify playlist together to avoid these sort of issues. Usually the playlist is the version (and key) that everyone learns.

My version of 'Best of the Wildhearts' has the version I posted.  Odd.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Any chance of a volunteer to put a spotify list together?  I'm struggling for time a bit through to next week at least.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Will do it tomorrow 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Thanks, though that has the version of “29 X the pain” with the stupid ending - @jonathangus can you find the correct version on Spotify?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I've literally never heard that song before in my life so yeah someone else will have to point me to the right one. 

mrkb said:
    soma1975 said:
    Thanks, though that has the version of “29 X the pain” with the stupid ending - @jonathangus can you find the correct version on Spotify?
    'No' would seem to be the answer to that one.  All the non-live versions have the extended ending.  Best bet is probably the YouTube I posted above.  Which also has the (superior, IMO) original lyrics.

edited March 2019
    As an aside anyone ever wake and suddenly can't play the guitar anymore? Like everything I play sounds shit. Usually I'd solve this by buying a pedal but I've just this week put the finishing touches to my new pedalboard. 

Luckily I haven't signed up to play leads on two of the most famous songs in classic rock/blues. ffs... 

I'm now just doing all the old basic exercises to make my hands work again. 

Just turn your volume down a bit or add more gain. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2527
    soma1975 said:
    As an aside anyone ever wake and suddenly can't play the guitar anymore? Like everything I play sounds shit. Usually I'd solve this by buying a pedal but I've just this week put the finishing touches to my new pedalboard. 

Luckily I haven't signed up to play leads on two of the most famous songs in classic rock/blues. ffs... 

Don't panic, I am playing lead on Hey Joe and am bound to fuck up one of the most iconic solos known to man! And.. I have never solo'd in a public place before  :3

soma1975 said:

Don't panic, I am playing lead on Hey Joe and am bound to fuck up one of the most iconic solos known to man! And.. I have never solo'd in a public place before  :3

I fucked up comfortably numb last time and I was playing rhythm!
    I'm sure it will be fine, it's just i feel like my playing is worse than it was a month ago before i actually started to learn the song(s).

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I shut my left hand in the shower door last night and still can't feel my first three fingers. 

Don't worry, you're in incredibly inept company  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    I'm sure it will be fine, it's just i feel like my playing is worse than it was a month ago before i actually started to learn the song(s).
    I can always scat sing the solo it if all goes off piste ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bought a new metronome. Problem over, lads  B)

soma1975 said:
    Bought a new metronome. Problem over, lads  B)
    Problem is you are assuming the others will be in time. Very dangerous. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom