New Gibson line finally in stores

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Dan_Halen said:
    I had a bash a couple of the ones they had in GuitarGuitar Edinburgh over the weekeend. The necks were comfy and they seemed well set up but the lacquer on the back of the necks felt really thick and sticky/grippy. Normally don't mind a lacquered neck but they all felt that they might be a nightmare in a hot and sweaty gig. Can usually be quite easily fixed with some super fine sandpaper or wire wool but they seemed like they'd need a lot taking off. Has anyone who has bought one found this or just me?
    I much prefer satin necks - but find the neck on the 50s Standard I got last week to be absolutely fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31678

1 in 10 are left handed right?
    I'm sure it is annoying if you are left handed, it's probably annoying as hell but I can understand it from a business point of view. I'd want to satisfy 90% over 10% especially if I was trying to rectify massive debt issues
    The vast majority of left handed people who play guitar play right handed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:

I'm sure it is annoying if you are left handed, it's probably annoying as hell but I can understand it from a business point of view. I'd want to satisfy 90% over 10% especially if I was trying to rectify massive debt issues

From what I remember the funny thing about this is that Jimi Hendrix was actually right handed but learned to play left handed as he thought it would get him noticed more  :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    p90fool said:

That would be me
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4159
    My daughter is left handed, she's learning to play right handed. On a piano that is. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6183
    edited May 2019
    An old student mate of mine played guitar left-handed, strung upside down even though he was right-handed. Apparently when he first tried using an old guitar his dad had lying around, he did so in a corner chair, wedged in against a bookcase on the left side when sat in it. It got in the way of the neck.. so he just flipped the guitar the opposite way and by the time he realised he was serious about learning he was too set in his way to revert. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17681
    tFB Trader
    I'm a lefty righty as well
  • Add me to the list of left handed playing right
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31678
    And me.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    You can add Mark Knopfler and Gary Moore (among other famous players) to the list of lefties who play(ed) right handed. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    crunchman said:
    You can add Mark Knopfler and Gary Moore (among other famous players) to the list of lefties who play(ed) right handed. 
    Robert Fripp, Bob Balch. We're doing proper lefties a disservice really
  • adam1990adam1990 Frets: 31
    p90fool said:

This is me! I didn't know there was such thing as a left handed guitar when I started playing...

I was too young and already too used to doing things the right handed way so ended up playing righty. Probably for the best though as it's just easier for when I want to buy/borrow another guitar.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6183
    edited May 2019
    Jared doing his thang on the 50s goldtop.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7136
    equalsql said:
    Jared doing his thang on the 50s goldtop.

ok so what settings on my boss kat 50 for this tone at the opening of the vid please chums thanx
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!