Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay scammer? bad dealer?

What's Hot

Comments

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited August 2019
    *Removed for benefit of forum*
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Simon_M
    That's terrible.
    Did you get the cash back in the end? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    @Simon_M
    That's terrible.
    Did you get the cash back in the end? 
    Yeah PayPal stepped up and sorted it out in the end. 

*Edited for benefit of forum*
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited July 2019
    I love the way he refers to himself in the Royal "We".
    These solo bedroom dealers always call themselves us and we to fool us into thinking we're dealing with some mega-corporation, not some self important sad wanker in his bedroom.
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    Sassafras said:
    These solo bedroom dealers always call themselves us and we to fool us into thinking we're dealing with some mega-corporation, not some self important sad wanker in his bedroom.
    we certainly agree with that.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    This fella is mental.. I bought a Strat from him earlier this year which arrived with an ill-fitting pickguard (wrong hole pattern for Strat) Nd paint damage which he hadn't disclosed. I kindly asked him to cover a new one as a gesture of good will and was told to "go fu*k myself.. Or post the guitar back to him in Italy." 

I wouldnt have minded however he advertised the guitar as coming from London - in which case I'd probably have landed at his door for the laugh! Reverb accepted my report and part refunded me so in the end I left it.. 

If anyone wants to send him a Christmas card I have his address in Italy 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3212
    Anchorboy said:
    If anyone wants to send him a Christmas card I have his address in Italy 
    Please do share, the ‘familgia’ can pay him a visit. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Acting crazy and offensive is a tactic some people use to minimise refunds etc.
    A percentage of buyers will figure it isn't worth engaging with a nutter and just swallow the loss.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    we certainly agree with that.
    We felt sure you'd all see our point of view.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited August 2019
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited August 2019
    mbe said:

Just a really nice candid unedited chat - which has now, somewhat ironically, been edited out of this thread
    octatonic said:
    A percentage of buyers will figure it isn't worth engaging with a nutter and just swallow the loss.
    Interesting tactic. However, having been self employed and tried to chase up unpaid invoices I can agree that I tend to give up on the lunatics. 
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    Simon_M said:
    octatonic said:
    Interesting tactic. However, having been self employed and tried to chase up unpaid invoices I can agree that I tend to give up on the lunatics. 
    or show them you can be crazier than they can
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26591
    edited August 2019
    FYI, we've just had a legal threat from him...posting it here according to our rules:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

to Thefreatboard website 

My name is Fabio Padial 

there is offences and my photos , I saw my name and my band members exposed also with photos 
    all at your website we can read offences like , gay , asshole , scanner , motherfucker etc 
    "and all types of OFFENCES from your website"

I ALREADY RECEIVED PERSONAL OFFENCES FROM YOUR USERS TO MY PERSONAL PAGES LIKE FACEBOOK AND SOCIAL MEDIAS..

""I will give you 2 days "48hours" to remove all those offences and photos""
    otherwise I am opening a court claim Wednesday morning against freatboard.co.uk 

I already made a report to the police and showed all the offences!

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/fire-guitars-scam-reverb-com.317469/ ;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've given him instructions on how to make a formal defamation complaint, but he's refused to do so and only responded with more threats. I had a quick look through this thread and couldn't see anything relating to the complaint he's made, so until he comes back with a listing of the actual comments he believes are defamatory and untrue (and why), I can't really do anything.

However, given that he's suggesting that folk have been chasing him across social media, it would really help if that didn't happen.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what he expects me to do about the thread on sevenstring.org...
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    edited August 2019

Typical JCon type “I’m going to sue you” bluster. If anything it confirms what we’ve all been thinking about him. 

Btw, the sevenstring link just comes up as a page error  Not entirely sure what you could do about him being "defamed" on another forum anyway, if anything it just goes to show that others are thinking the same way so it just undermines his case even further.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    You're ok it looks like he's going after some other lunatics at thefreatboard.co.uk
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10454
    tFB Trader
    Someone called him a 'scanner'? David Cronenberg wont be happy!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Has anyone registered www.thethreatboard.co.uk?
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    All I can say is that this bloke has attempted to have dealings with me before, and I would personally avoid him like the plague. You can't behave the way that he does and expect people not to comment adversely, especially if it's tto protect other guitarists from him and people like him.

I always wonder if its really worth being a scammer and treating other people badly, for the sake of a few quid. Obviously for some people it is. Sad. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    His photos are already in the public domain, how can it be illegal to reproduce them on here?