Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay scammer? bad dealer?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I bet the police were interested.
    They probably organised an armed response unit there and then.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    Sassafras said:
    His photos are already in the public domain, how can it be illegal to reproduce them on here?
    Not only are they in the public domain, they're not even hosted here.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited August 2019
    He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Calling someone, for example, "a dumb fuck" is not grounds for defamation, otherwise Trump and Boris would be suing left right and centre.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

However, given that he's suggesting that folk have been chasing him across social media, it would really help if that didn't happen.

Taking a hypothetical case as an example, suppose an ebay seller was to behave in a way so as to misrepresent facts, rip people off, change user names and so on, then it wouldn't be surprising if such a person found themselves called out on such platforms as Facebook, Twiiter, etc. and that would have nothing to do with any one forum, it would likely happen anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:

However, given that he's suggesting that folk have been chasing him across social media, it would really help if that didn't happen.

Taking a hypothetical case as an example, suppose an ebay seller was to behave in a way so as to misrepresent facts, rip people off, change user names and so on, then it wouldn't be surprising if such a person found themselves called out on such platforms as Facebook, Twiiter, etc. and that would have nothing to do with any one forum, it would likely happen anyway.
    That's true enough; however, if a lot of those people were found to be members here, there's a potential legal argument to be made that this site was used as a platform to organise online bullying, and that's a whole different ballgame (and one I really don't want to end up dealing with).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    Someone called him a 'scanner'? David Cronenberg wont be happy!
    A 'gay asshole scanner' apparently 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't see what him being gay has got to with it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Or an asshole.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2636
    Seven String Guitars have deleted the thread. However, it's in the Wayback Machine for anyone who's interested. 
    Seven String Guitars have deleted the thread. However, it's in the Wayback Machine for anyone who's interested. 
    Shame. I can understand it, though - defending this sort of thing can take a lot of your time, and I can't really fault any forum admins who take the decision to pre-empt it.

I just don't, because I feel particularly strongly that folk shouldn't be able to cover up evidence of their misdeeds (if that's what they are) by chucking a threatening email over the fence. Give me a properly-detailed complaint, as I always request in these cases, and I'll look at it through the eyes of UK defamation law (as much as I understand it, not being a lawyer). Refuse to do that and simply insist on the wholesale deletion of threads with no justification, and...nope.
    <space for hire>
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
     digitalscream said:
    That's true enough; however, if a lot of those people were found to be members here, there's a potential legal argument to be made that this site was used as a platform to organise online bullying, and that's a whole different ballgame (and one I really don't want to end up dealing with).
    The suggestion that anyone may have taken information posted in this thread which was intended to provide guidance to fellow consumers and used it to ‘bully’ Mr Padial concerns me. I hope nobody has done anything which could bring the forum into disrepute.
    edited August 2019
    The links in this thread all lead to closed ebay accounts. He must be mistaken. Perhaps a different "Fabio"?
  • Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited August 2019
    Could this Fabio Padial be the same Fabio Padial who is currently based in London and is an evangelical Christian who 'owns and plays guitar in the God-botherer 'Be The Bridge' band?

www.youtube.com/user/bethebridgetoo 

If so, all I can say is  that, in my experience, his behaviour is pretty much 'Par for the course' for those of a religious persuasion who, after all,  tend not to be very gifted in the rationality department.

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    edited August 2019
    Still there when I look.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/fire-guitars-scam-reverb-com.317469/
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Could this Fabio Padial be the same Fabio Padial who is in 'Be The Bridge' band?

www.youtube.com/user/bethebridgetoo  
      My spidey-senses are tingling.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    prlgmnr said:
    Still there when I look.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/fire-guitars-scam-reverb-com.317469/
    They must have temporarily taken it down then put it back as it was missing earlier when I was looking too
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Sassafras said:
    Tone bender?
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    edited December 2019
    I have to add to this thread unfortunately!!
    i sold him a guitar and  immediately get an email after hes had it delivered to one of his aliases that he wants £450 off the £750 guitar i sold him because of the ding on the guitar that was mentioned on the listing and shown in the pictures

i have had abuse all day and negative feedback which i have had to get ebay to remove,
     now he has opened a not as described dispute for the marks that i stated and pictured.   He now has another account since the ones here have been mentioned, hes now on my block bidder list and im awaiting ebay to do something but after callling them today they say i have to wait 8 days till its closed and escalated.

How the hell does he get away with all this and brazenly opens a return because i wont give him £450 back, i might add that hes actually listed the guitar on reverb with my description word for word ad has the guitar up for £1199!

Avoid this guy at all costs , i think i may be finally done with the bay

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom