What has annoyed you today?

What's Hot

Comments

• TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    The lad down the road who has just put a really loud aftermarket can on his 125 single and makes as much noise as possible on every ride past our house. 

Actually it isn't all him, but equally the Community PC who 'offered' to have a chat when I mentioned it to her as she was passing and then gullibly accepted that he has had the noise level checked and it is acceptable, plus, her solution which is he is moving house soon. Oh good, so it will be someone else problem!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    We’re in Turkey at the mo. Some stupid entitled English gobshite woman was having a go at a Turkish guy in his shop “why don’t you people learn to speak proper English? Nobody seems to want to help me!”  I don’t think she appreciated me saying “I’m English and I wouldn’t help you either.” 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    boogieman said:
    We’re in Turkey at the mo. Some stupid entitled English gobshite woman was having a go at a Turkish guy in his shop “why don’t you people learn to speak proper English? Nobody seems to want to help me!”  I don’t think she appreciated me saying “I’m English and I wouldn’t help you either.” 
    She found another flight then?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    edited June 2019
    TADodger said:
    The lad down the road who has just put a really loud aftermarket can on his 125 single and makes as much noise as possible on every ride past our house. 

Actually it isn't all him, but equally the Community PC who 'offered' to have a chat when I mentioned it to her as she was passing and then gullibly accepted that he has had the noise level checked and it is acceptable, plus, her solution which is he is moving house soon. Oh good, so it will be someone else problem!
    Annoying factette: due to the way the noise regs work*, the banshee howling hell of a tweaked stinkwheel probably is legal  whereas the pleasing low thump of Brit iron and Harleys may not be.

It's all down to frequencies that piss people off vs actual dB, if I remember rightly. Everyone moaning about RD350s ended up getting old thumpers in trouble without stopping the screamers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    * or used to
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    An umpire.
    Gave me out when it was missing leg by many yards........The really annoying thing was that I am in such great nick and was really going to destroy the oppo's bowling.
    @gassage can concur with this one as I was using an Aldred bat!
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12361
    I always seem to start posts with "i have an autistic son" but I do, he's 12, hilarious but sometimes difficult and can be a bit embarrassing when he behaves nuts in public.  He stopped getting invited to other kids parties a long time ago, I can't expect friends to have their kids put up with it on their birthdays.

On thursday I asked my brother what my nephew was doing for his birthday and he said having a few friends round, no worries.  It turns out my brother took a group of kids to a big lake with a floating obstacle course.

Water is the one thing my son can do, he would have loved it and played by himself and I would have looked after him.  I thought my brother was different.  He's not.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    People putting make up on in trains. Utterly revolting

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    A belated mention of Moeen Ali.  Still annoying me 3 days later.
    crunchman said:
    A belated mention of Moeen Ali.  Still annoying me 3 days later.
    James Vince avoids your ire? He’s even worserer! 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24804
    Gassage said:
    People putting make up on in trains. Utterly revolting
    It disturbs me most when it’s the driver....
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    munckee said:
    I always seem to start posts with "i have an autistic son" but I do, he's 12, hilarious but sometimes difficult and can be a bit embarrassing when he behaves nuts in public.  He stopped getting invited to other kids parties a long time ago, I can't expect friends to have their kids put up with it on their birthdays.

On thursday I asked my brother what my nephew was doing for his birthday and he said having a few friends round, no worries.  It turns out my brother took a group of kids to a big lake with a floating obstacle course.

Water is the one thing my son can do, he would have loved it and played by himself and I would have looked after him.  I thought my brother was different.  He's not.
    I play cricket with a lad who has an LD. He is hilarious. Sense of humour drier than dry and hit's the ball miles. 
    Tolerance and accepting all is how it ought to be.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 661
    boogieman said:
    She found another flight then?
    I'm in Turkey too at the moment and think I have just met this same stupid English woman . 
    I asked her how she was enjoying her holiday.
    Her reply - 'Its ok, but far too many foreigners, no wonder we are all wanting Brexit '

Fuck Sake.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    munckee said:

My Nephew is autistic too.. His best 'friends' mum went to the school recently to ask them to separate the boys and let them play with other children.. 

The school has totally failed him and he is really struggling to cope..  his friend is was possibly the only reason he still goes there in the morning. 

On a slightly more positive note, he utterly adores my daughter and has been busy helping me plan her (3rd) birthday next month.. apparently we're having a Rolls Royce, a Morris Minor and a bouncy castle. Should be good :)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    skimmed through the thread ... isn’t this Shit That Boils Your Piss in disguise?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    fandango said:
    skimmed through the thread ... isn’t this Shit That Boils Your Piss in disguise?
    It's a bit less...cross ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    Diversifying into different grades of moaning.  I approve.  You can never have too much complaining about life.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Been wiring up a PA system this afternoon. Testing the system and there's a lovely low level 50hz AC hum somewhere. This was at about 5pm. I've located the culprit but can't for the life of me figure out why it's humming! Oh well. Back on Friday afternoon by the looks of thing.
    Landing to find that England are even shitter at cricket than when we took off. 
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Landing to find that England are even shitter at cricket than when we took off. 
    Are you surprised?