The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2815
    TIE interrceptors that are better than TIE fighters :) 

how do Mandalorians eat.  More , or just as importantly, how do they mate and create Mandalorian younglings?  Take all their clothes off to do the business but keep their helmets on ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16842
    They can remove the helmet, just not in front of other life forms.  Apparently droids are fine???

We have seen him remove it to eat in private.   Also lift it slightly to eat in front of Grogu as they got  closer.

We also know he has a mustache under there, so can clearly remove it for grooming

We have also seen him swap to a stormtrooper helmet, but that was questioned in the episode.  It was purposely left unclear if he was actually allowed to do that.  Technically he never removed his Mandalorian helmet in front of anyone.

I would assume there are some strict rules for getting it on... but don't forget many children are foundlings, it is apparently not a biological race.  Maybe the cult is celibate, or maybe they just leave their hats on :D 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4208
    ^ Generally speaking, Mandalorian is a creed rather than a race, hence the mish-mash. In Legends there was also the Mandalore species, but they were already ancient and extinct by the time of OT.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5192
    Jalapeno said:
     when you switch from the space-council-estate to the science-fantasy stuff going on in the Din Djarin / Bo Katan plotline it's quite jarring
    Good word, it was like watching to random plotlines smashed together. Though still the best episode of S3 so far. I see long term resentment from the big Mandalorian guard, he looked really pissed off when the waters were proven real.
    Yeah, pretty impressive acting given the helmets too I thought.

Loving it so far. Took me a while to remember when Andor and Mano are set time-line wise, but got there.

Either side of the original trilogy, basically.

I saw a Twitter post this morning from Katee Sackhoff (Bo Katan) saying how she enjoyed the limitation of acting with the helmet on, not having to worry about what her face was doing, but having to communicate everything through body language. I thought she nailed it during the mines of Mandalore sequences- the impatient "can we go home now?" scenes, then the half dozen things going through Bo Katan's mind after she dives in to the water.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1326
    I liked the Coruscant (spelling?) bit a lot, except for the obvious double cross, and the line "it's the end of the train", and the unscathed jumping from the train doing at least 100km/h.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72846
    sinbaadi said:
    I liked the Coruscant (spelling?) bit a lot, except for the obvious double cross, and the line "it's the end of the train", and the unscathed jumping from the train doing at least 100km/h.
    That was a bit of a stretch too, although I think the train was meant to be slowing down just before the station at the point they jumped.

I do think the producers don’t quite know what they want the series to be now though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ColsCols Frets: 7208
    sev112 said:

how do Mandalorians eat.  More , or just as importantly, how do they mate and create Mandalorian younglings?  Take all their clothes off to do the business but keep their helmets on ?
    Precisely.  It’s just like Batman and Catwoman banging each other.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 162
    sinbaadi said:
    Weren't they lucky that happened to be the part of the track where they stored the old five foot deep mattresses at the side?  ;)

I didn't quite get why yer one had it in for the cloning scientist so much? Think I missed a bit of when they were last in it. 
    My trading feedback thread
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 927
    Leisceoir said:

I didn't quite get why yer one had it in for the cloning scientist so much? Think I missed a bit of when they were last in it. 
    I was thinking she's still with the Empire, and wants to stop the doc from helping the New Republic. I reckon Mof Gideon sent that fleet to bomb Bo Katan's castle an all, so maybe a link there. Can't remember what happened to him mind.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3048
    edited March 2023
    Yeah…. maybe she’s working for Mof Gideon? Did Mof get enough cloning work from the Doc, and doesn’t want the New Republic to benefit from further research by him? Quite an elaborate ploy to erase his memories 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15711
    I'm enjoying how they're showing the other side of former Imperial troops etc, showing us that they're also human, or klingon or whatever, and not just faceless operatives of an evil dictatorship. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• sev112 said:

I think it’s all made-up play-acting, to be honest.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1326
    It was a good episode of an entertaining sci fi show.  And who couldn't love the "it's a trap!" reference?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10368
    edited March 2023
    sev112 said:
    how do they mate and create Mandalorian younglings?  Take all their clothes off to do the business but keep their helmets on ?
    Mandalorians are adopted into the creed, especially after the destruction of their planet where before this they were inducted into the creed at a young age. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13980
    edited March 2023
    There's one thing for sure, a Mandalorian would be an excellent companion to be with if you were ever found yourself lost in a large forest.

• sev112 said:
    how do they mate and create Mandalorian younglings?  Take all their clothes off to do the business but keep their helmets on ?
    Mandalorians are adopted into the creed, especially after the destruction of their planet where before this they were inducted into the creed at a young age. 
    This is the way
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 996
    Do Mandalorians like Cheese?  This the whey.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6971
    Do Mandalorians like Cheese?  This the whey.
    Do they have yearly health checks? This is the weigh.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet they argue with their satnavs a lot…

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2815
    All these puerile little puns just mask the importance of the original question