The Mandalorian

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
Watched this repeatedly today.
Every time it makes my hair go curly and makes me feel very sexy.
Must be some kind of afrodisneyac.

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Yeah, looks reeeeeally good.

Jon Favreau in charge, Pedro Pascal and Werner Herzog starring and Disney bankrolling it. It's gotta be good, right? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My problem now is that The Last Jedi has so utterly destroyed my love of Star Wars that I just can't face watching any new ones.

This does look quite good but its the hope that kills you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    Am I right in thinking it'll be months 'late' to the UK because Disney+ doesn't launch here til next year? Or will they put it out via another (paid) service for us? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    TimmyO said:
    Am I right in thinking it'll be months 'late' to the UK because Disney+ doesn't launch here til next year? Or will they put it out via another (paid) service for us? 
    AFAIK we only get it when Disney+ Launches here.

I've got 2 streaming services already so I doubt I'll be getting the Disney one as well - at least not until they start doing more than Star Wars / Marvel stuff. I want more variety than that!
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    My problem now is that The Last Jedi has so utterly destroyed my love of Star Wars that I just can't face watching any new ones.

What was wrong with the Last Jedi?  

The Force Awakens killed my enthusiasm for anything Star Wars related.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I thought this was going to be some sort of Mandolin family instrument.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Gave you a Lol for your end pun - not because I disagree with you. Looks good. So many potentially great shows coming out on this Disney+ - the Marvel stuff, for example - I might have to subscribe.
  • My problem now is that The Last Jedi has so utterly destroyed my love of Star Wars that I just can't face watching any new ones.

Everything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    Hnnnnnnnggggggggg
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    My problem now is that The Last Jedi has so utterly destroyed my love of Star Wars that I just can't face watching any new ones.

The Force Awakens killed my enthusiasm for anything Star Wars related.  
    Yeah, every new film kills my love for the main series even more than the last. Look up The Critical Drinker on YouTube for basically all the reasons why; mainly a deliberate effort on the part of the filmmakers to spit in the face of long-standing fans, the unbelievably shit writing and the character-void that is Rey, though. Funnily enough, those are the same reasons I'm not exactly enamoured with the most recent Doctor Who outing, too.

That said...we're in an odd situation now where the non-main-story media are by far the best thing about the Star Wars franchise. The Clone Wars was always great, Rebels is just continuing that story (and excellently, I might add), and Rogue One was brilliant. It's only a trailer, but The Mandalorian looks to continue that trend.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Presumably he will turn out to be Boba Fett having survived being eaten by the Sarlacc... which doesn't mean it won't be good - but if it isn't, a lot of fans are going to be very pissed off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    ICBM said:
    Presumably he will turn out to be Boba Fett having survived being eaten by the Sarlacc... which doesn't mean it won't be good - but if it isn't, a lot of fans are going to be very pissed off.
    I sincerely hope not tbh! Something new and largely unconnected to the rest of the series would be nice. 

Im not up to speed on the comics & cartoons - has Fett been in those post-reset? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2019
    TimmyO said:
    Torrents?  B

Looks really good.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    edited August 2019
    ICBM said:
    It's set between ROTJ and whatever one came next timeline wise 

Boba wasn't a Mandalorian but wore Mandalorian armour 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Ahhh, it's star wars. 

I put star wars in the same category as the Matrix. One great film followed by tons of garbage. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    axisus said:
    Ahhh, it's star wars. 

I put star wars in the same category as the Matrix. One great film followed by tons of garbage. 
    You thought "Empire Strikes Back" was garbage...?

Takes all sorts ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    axisus said:
    Ahhh, it's star wars. 

You thought "Empire Strikes Back" was garbage...?

Takes all sorts ;)
    OK, I admit that the word 'garbage' was unfair. I got bored with Empire SB after the first 20 minutes or so, wandered off and only caught bits after that (needless to say not at the cinema!). Same with the one after, and I HATE those ewoks. The later films didn't work for me at all, the 'look' of them does not sit right as prequels. Prequels rarely work in film. I just think that the whole thing is a total mess.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Rogue One is the real prequel.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I've never been able to watch any Star Wars film right the way through. The bits I've glimpsed all looked very silly.
    Give me Star Trek any day of the week.
    Is SW supposed to be comedy?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666

I too hated The Last Jedi, and I think it also had a profound effect on how well Solo did, at the cinema at least. I thought Solo was pretty ace, as well as Rogue One.

I really liked The Force Awakens. Apart from a couple of wee gripes, I thought it was great attempt at reviving everything after the poor prequels, and I genuinely felt excited about where the story was going. I liked the new characters and how they were being set up for the sequel, and how the older characters were being involved. Then Rian Johnson destroyed all hope! I'm hoping that the last instalment can pull it back.

Boba Fett was one of my favourite characters from the original trilogy, so I'm loving the look of The Mandalorian

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom