The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2795
    I was quite surprised how quickly their fuel ran out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So, assuming one has only watched the 9 films, Rogue 1, mando 1 and 2 and Andor only and not all the comic series and books and canon etc … are we supposed to know who Moff Gidoen is ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72580
    sev112 said:
    Given the usual realism levels, I was surprised *that* their fuel ran out :).

"It's not that kind of movie, kid."

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6914
    ICBM said:
    sev112 said:
    Given the usual realism levels, I was surprised *that* their fuel ran out :).

"It's not that kind of movie, kid."
    They certainly seem to conserve fuel now! when stuck in a street surrounded by the baddies a quick jet pack out of there would soon change the situation, but oh no, let’s just stand back to back……
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
    sev112 said:
    So, assuming one has only watched the 9 films, Rogue 1, mando 1 and 2 and Andor only and not all the comic series and books and canon etc … are we supposed to know who Moff Gidoen is ?
    If you work on the basis that he's a Cad and a bounder, you wont be far wrong.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • :) God I love this show.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16773
    I think Gideon is just for this show, not any wider star wars or legends.

Nice to see Zeb from Rebels make a live action appearance. Hopefully we get a bit more of that, although i think he's more likely to be seen in Ahsoka.

R5's link to the rebels was nice.

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
    Great episode that! 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7546
    sev112 said:
    He's in the first Mando season
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    TimmyO said:
    sev112 said:

He's in *both* previous Mando seasons. 

Who Took Moff Gideon Answered  The Mary Sue

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72580
    This episode was quite good, but still a bit of an awkward mishmash - I think they're beginning to draw the two very different threads together better, but there's a way to go before it doesn't seem like different series jammed into the same timeframe.

I did laugh out loud when Greef Karga 'led his people into the wilderness' though, just far too Life Of Brian :). (And the entire population of Nevarro City is about fifty.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    This episode was quite good, but still a bit of an awkward mishmash - I think they're beginning to draw the two very different threads together better, but there's a way to go before it doesn't seem like different series jammed into the same timeframe.

I did laugh out loud when Greef Karga 'led his people into the wilderness' though, just far too Life Of Brian :). (And the entire population of Nevarro City is about fifty.)

I think it was evident that some stayed...  e.g. the Bar keeper being bullied scene..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

I might have to go back to the start of Series 1 and start again to work out what bits in it are relevant - that’s my weekend sorted :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7546
    I'm.enjoying it - including the CoruscEnders episode 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3899
    Was this week's the final episode of the season? Felt like it.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3899
    TimmyO said:
    sev112 said:

He's also a Crystal Meth kingpin.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4202
    edited March 2023
    ICBM said:

I did laugh out loud when Greef Karga 'led his people into the wilderness' though, just far too Life Of Brian . (And the entire population of Nevarro City is about fifty.)
    And they only went about half a mile from the city - like the bit in Nacho Libre where he's exiled and they can still see him from the village :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4162
    Lebarque said:
    Nope
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    Lebarque said:
    Nope

Three more to go. Feels weird that they'd wait this long to drop the Moff Gideon plot point - feels like a big deal, but with very little time left to do anything significant with it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Lebarque said:
    TimmyO said:
    sev112 said:

He's also a Crystal Meth kingpin.