The Mandalorian

What's Hot
1323334353638»

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5509
    DiscoStu said:
    WezV said:
    I started the Ahsoka Disney+ list.... it's a pretty strong recommendation, avoids a lot of the clone wars filler episodes.
    I skipped the Clone Wars episodes and decided to watch the whole of Rebels. I'm half way through season 1 and it's really good so far. 
    I just started watching Rebels today. It's good- just the right amount of fan service along with the beginnings of an interesting plot.

I've also been watching The Bad Batch with my eldest son- it's also very good.
    Bad Batch is excellent. I feel connected to them as a crew even though I know it's just 'cartoon', but despite being cartoon the animation (particularly the texturing) is fantastic and has some serious brutality on show. The storyline is strong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    sev112 said:
    Why aren’t there any female stormtroopers ? Is it a clone thing ?
    There are - Finn meets female former stormtroopers in ROS if I recall.

Edit:... and stormtroopers are a mixture of indoctrinated kids raised to be stormtroopers and true believers  - not clones, the clones were retired after the clone wars.
    The Bad Batch deals with the transition from the Republic clone army to the Imperial Stormtrooper corps. At that stage the Stormtroopers are all volunteers as far as we know. The indoctrinated kids are former First Order Stormtroopers, so the makeup may be different.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    WezV said:
    I started the Ahsoka Disney+ list.... it's a pretty strong recommendation, avoids a lot of the clone wars filler episodes.
    I skipped the Clone Wars episodes and decided to watch the whole of Rebels. I'm half way through season 1 and it's really good so far. 
    I just started watching Rebels today. It's good- just the right amount of fan service along with the beginnings of an interesting plot.

Bad Batch is excellent. I feel connected to them as a crew even though I know it's just 'cartoon', but despite being cartoon the animation (particularly the texturing) is fantastic and has some serious brutality on show. The storyline is strong.
    Should I watch Bad Batch before or after Rebels?

Currently working my way through the Ashoka playlist as a few people have mentioned, but when it gets to the Rebels bits I might just watch the whole series, if I can fit it in before Ashoka series starts
    DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    WezV said:

Currently working my way through the Ashoka playlist as a few people have mentioned, but when it gets to the Rebels bits I might just watch the whole series, if I can fit it in before Ashoka series starts
    I don't think I've seen enough of Rebels yet to answer from the perspective of that show, but in terms of in-universe chronology The Bad Batch starts at pretty much the exact point that The Clone Wars ends, and has a few characters that also pop up in Rebels, so I think you could make the case for watching Bad Batch first (although S2 ends on quite a cliffhanger).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11770
    Nailed it...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    so disappointed this thread isn't about a Chinese Restaurant - #bosh
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Wow  =)

One of the best bits of star wars.

Hoping Gus Fring reappears in season 4  B)
    dano said:

Hoping Gus Fring reappears in season 4  B)
    You'd be a mug to bet against it. 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11770
    57Deluxe said:
    so disappointed this thread isn't about a Chinese Restaurant - #bosh

Season 4 is, Mando and Grogu open a Chinese retaurant together, Mando uses this as an excuse to not say much as Pedro Pascal is doing Last of Us... so Bo Katan runs front of house.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...

Coming back to this having watched all of Rebels.

If you're watching to get up to speed for the new Ahsoka series and you've only got time for one, Rebels first. There are characters in the Ahsoka trailer who were in Rebels so while they're bound to explain who they are for the benefit of new viewers you'll almost certainly have more of an appreciation of who everyone is and what's going on if you've seen Rebels.

Ahsoka herself isn't in very much of the show, so if you're not all that bothered you could watch the Ahsoka-related episodes (particularly S2:21 and 22) and the series finale (S4:13-15) and be pretty much up on everything you're likely to need to know.

More generally, I think I'd go for Rebels first, although I don't think it matters much. IMO watching Star Wars media in release order makes the most sense for any franchise that sets any store by self-reference and fan service- after all, it can't refer forward to stuff that hasn't been made yet. There's a nice Easter egg in the pilot of the Bad Batch that will mean more if you've seen Rebels.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Just seen Carl Weathers has died.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    :( legend. RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Yeah, sad news.

crunchman said:
    Just seen Carl Weathers has died.

Also, I missed this reply the first time sorry @english_bob ...

english_bob said: AntonHunter said:

If you're watching to get up to speed for the new Ahsoka series and you've only got time for one, Rebels first.
    ...I watched them both before Ahsoka, love them both, can't wait for new Bad Batch later this month.