Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Worst film ever candidate

What's Hot

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    TheMarlin said:
    All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Utter crap 
    Agreed. The first one was amusing in a popcorn lite kinda way but I caught a couple of minutes of one of the later ones on tv the other evening and it was unbearably, embarrassingly bad. The franchise that killed Johnny Depp's talent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

The Happening was pretty bad.  And probably the all-time low point for M Night Shyamalan, a man with a lot of low points to live down to.

On the whole I don't mind a terrible film if it feels like the filmmakers were sincere and trying their best.  Preferable to lazy formulaic Hollywood shit with a couple of star names and a big CGI budget - the Transformers movies spring to mind.  And RIPD - what a complete pile of horseshit that was.

I didn't think the Happening was his worst film, I thought The Last Airbender was.  

The Happening had some moments which did make me laugh, unintentional ones where they stood around in a field looking like they'd smelt a really bad fart. 

M Night has made some real shit as a director though.  Aside from the above, I found the film which kind of relaunched his career 'The Visit' to be excruciatingly awful. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

hercules in new York  staring Arnold Schwarzenegger

this clip tells you all you need to know

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    Dunkirk has to be up there
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Ricky Gervais’ “The Invention of Lying” heavy handed and utterly ill conceived. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    sticker said:
    Ricky Gervais   ill conceived.
    FTFY

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    munckee said:
    There are channels on sky which only show pap American made for TV movies. Missus Munckee sometimes watches them.  They make most of the films mentioned here look like the godfather
    Hallmark Channel?

Bursting at the seams with contrived saccharine sentimentality. Truly awful. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23138
    Philly_Q said:

The Happening was pretty bad.  And probably the all-time low point for M Night Shyamalan, a man with a lot of low points to live down to.

On the whole I don't mind a terrible film if it feels like the filmmakers were sincere and trying their best.  Preferable to lazy formulaic Hollywood shit with a couple of star names and a big CGI budget - the Transformers movies spring to mind.  And RIPD - what a complete pile of horseshit that was.

I didn't think the Happening was his worst film, I thought The Last Airbender was.  

The Happening had some moments which did make me laugh, unintentional ones where they stood around in a field looking like they'd smelt a really bad fart. 

M Night has made some real shit as a director though.  Aside from the above, I found the film which kind of relaunched his career 'The Visit' to be excruciatingly awful. 

I can't remember if I've seen The Last Airbender.  I definitely haven't seen After Earth - the combination of Nightie, Will Smith and that fucking annoying kid of his... No.

Strangely enough I quite liked The Visit because it was so much more back-to-basics - until I watched the extras on the DVD going on about "a great visionary listening to his inner voice and returning to his roots".  Meaning he couldn't get a big budget after a couple of flops.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9741
    Signs (Mel Gibson) has got to be up there.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • westwest Frets: 996
    phil_b said:
    Captain Corelli's Mandolin
    Has Nicholas cage made any good films?
    leaving las vegas ... wild at heart ...
  • Quite a lot of films in here that can't on any level be considered objectively bad, whether people like them or not, but anyway.

Comfortably the worst film I've ever seen, and also as a bonus containing the most morally bankrupt scene in cinema history) is Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem.  That a roomful of people somehow signed the idea "lets have the aliens attack a maternity hospital" off shows how low hollywood can go.

Strong honourable mentions for 10,000BC and Skyline.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was going to say benajamin button, the only film that is so slow it makes you feel like you are aging backwards but then you guys reminded me of the happening....

cloverfield was pretty shite too.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • HAL9000 said:
    Signs (Mel Gibson) has got to be up there.
    Nope, that had some good moments (imo).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • “The Core” is one of the worse films I’ve ever seen, “Burlesque” with Cher and Christina Aguilera is another - no redeeming qualities in either one.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Some of you really have no clue what a bad film is! Can't believe some of the suggestions here. There's a massive void of difference between a bad film and a film you don't like
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Battleship.
    aka
    'How the F am i supposed to turn a board game into a 2hr film'
    The purest of Hollywood drivel.
  • Philly_Q said: 

I can't remember if I've seen The Last Airbender.  I definitely haven't seen After Earth - the combination of Nightie, Will Smith and that fucking annoying kid of his... No.

Strangely enough I quite liked The Visit because it was so much more back-to-basics - until I watched the extras on the DVD going on about "a great visionary listening to his inner voice and returning to his roots".  Meaning he couldn't get a big budget after a couple of flops.
    Do you remember the kid rapping in The Visit.  Holy crap was he annoying!

Yep, After Earth looked like a Will Smith ego vehicle for him and his son.  

• Meet the Feebles. 

The only time I walked out of a cinema before a film ended. How the frig Jackson went from that to LOTR is beyond me. 

Must have sold his soul to the devil. 

Utter frikin’ vacuous dirge. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    edited September 2019
    I'll wager not many have seen the Roger Corman produced version of the Fantastic Four (1994)

has to be seen to be believed
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24449
    You didn’t like Titanic or Dunkirk?  Eeeh - that’s nothing, I think 12 Angry Men is a big pile of shite and that Shawshank Redemption is utter cack.  Bloody kids of today, don’t know they’re born etc etc
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom