Remember the Clarksonesque Challenge?

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27608
For those of you who remember ... well done.

For everyone else, back in the olden days when our forum wasn't rated toppermost of the poppermost, we ran an occasional / annual guitar-related challenge, wherein we gave ourselves an amount of monies, and had to build, mod, acquire the best guitar we could within that budget.  Based - very loosely - on the old Top Gear buy-an-old-banger for £500 and fly it to the moon style of challenge.

So, been thinking.

Would there be an interest in a kit build based challenge?  

We could import some Chits (ie MIC kits, everything you need, albeit basic spec, in the box), all legal and logo-free, and use those as a basis for the challenge.  So, anyone who fancies a "build" but doesn't really know where to start could play.  Anyone who's built plenty, could play too - but perhaps with a focus on making something decent out of it.

It'd be good if we could have a Chit-together, maybe sometime towards the end of the summer (around our 1st birthday perhaps) with proper "judging" of entries, voting, and a winner.  

I'm also thinking that - perhaps - one of our more talented hobby builders might take one of the kits and (a) video some of the challenges and fixes in putting it together and (b) offer up their expertly-completed guitar as the prize.  (Obviously, theFB would fund that kit).

We'd maybe be able to generate some supporting press interest, which would help our profile and generate more membership.

There are some interesting looking kits available.  I'd be aiming at £150 for the cost price, though that's subject to confirmation once we agree on the kit style, find a decent supplier, and work out the margin that we'd need to cover the cost of the prize kit.

Any interest, or should I stop this thinking??
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments