The Guitar Show 29th Feb & 1st March 2020, New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1102
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello All

I thought I would give you an update on The Guitar Show, whats new, artists etc. I'm really pleased with how the show has come together this year, if you want to have up-to date info the website is the best place www.theguitarshow.co.uk

On social media its all @theguitarshowuk.

Lots of new exhibitors this year, some of the highlights include:

Chapman Guitars
Reverend Guitars
Core Guitars
PJD Guitars
ATB Guitars
Vourensaku Guitars
TDOG Guitars
Drewman Guitars
SMP Guitars
Alex Bishop Guitars
Lucem Guitars
Lasilla Guitars
Red Beard Effects
FGN Guitars
Chowny Bass Guitars
Rajani Amps

returning after a break

Modulas Amps
Kool Amps
Guitar Auctions
Aston Mics
Chicken Bone John

Obviously The Fretboard is there with a stand :)

The live stage looks pretty strong:

Billy Watman
Mikey Demus
Rabea Massaad
Aynsley Lister
Duel with the Devil
JJ Rosa
Bernard Butler (Rig Rundown)
Mick & Dan with That Pedal Show live
Plus others TBA

Focusrite are returning with the Masterclass stage, I was talking to them on Friday, looks like they have some great artists lined up, I should get the full details as soon as we get back after Christmas.

Anasounds are considering running a build your own pedal session at the show, subject to getting the insurance sorted, I think that this will be something new and different at a guitar show - I'm not looking forward to the risk assessment :)

I've a new noise policy that will ensure more quiet times to try and curb the issues from 2019.

Prices are the same again, £12.50 in advance or £15 on the day*

Car parking is free, but limited, all the streets around the venue are free. I've put the buses that stop outside the venue, plus trams and time to walk from the city centre, all on the "about" page on the website.

The amazing curry and the Barista return.

If I've missed anything, or you have any questions, let me know.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jason

*I'll answer the transaction fee thing here, before it gets bought up again, there is a transaction fee, I can't do anything about it, it covers the ticket printing, an envelope, a stamp and someone's time to sort all that, but it is a single fee, so if you are buying 1 ticket it is a pain, if you are buying 2 - 1000 its just the same single fee. Print at home tickets still carry a charge because you then have to hire the machines that read them.

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 13950
    tFB Trader
    Quick plug for now but Guitars4You will have a stand

What deals and products will be there, then I'll know more nearer the time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6587
    A very rare opportunity to go to a guitar show on 29th feb! Brilliant way to spend your “bonus day”!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1102
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    A very rare opportunity to go to a guitar show on 29th feb! Brilliant way to spend your “bonus day”!

A leap year - buggering up a tidy logo :-))

LOL awarded
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Whoa...Chapman Guitars? Never thought I'd see them there!
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Also I should mention The Guitar Show Guitar.

A collaborative build that is been voted for via the social media channels

Haydn Williams (Williams Guitars) has built the neck - Rosewood board chosen
    Ben Crowe (Crimson Guitars) is building the body - Dissident body chosen
    Ash Scott-Lockyer (Oil City Pickups) is supplying Pickups - HH chosen
    Darren Grainger (Grainger Guitar Parts) is supplying the hardware
    Rob Williams (Rob Williams Guitars) will be finishing it with the vote yet to take place.

The builders have all been fantastic so far with them all talking to each other.

I am going to raffle off the guitar at the show with all proceedings going to a charity, I've yet to decide on which one yet, but I'm leaning towards something to do with children, if you have any recommendations of a charity, or have one that is personal to you, let me know, I just want it to help.

Hopefully you'll buy a ticket at the show, its going to be a top spec'd guitar. @theguitarshowuk if you want to see it so far.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4778
    edited December 2019
    @Jason , somehow I feel that my favourite part of the event is not going to happen in 2020..
  • @Jason , somehow I feel that my favourite part of the event is not going to happen this year.
    Getting a hug from me @Handsome_Chris ?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to it already. Actually possible I might be away on holiday but if not I’ll be there. Live stage looking very good already; also hoping to spot Neville Marten eating curry again. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Looking forward to it already. Actually possible I might be away on holiday but if not I’ll be there. Live stage looking very good already; also hoping to spot Neville Marten eating curry again. 
    Or Robert Plant eying up an acoustic.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

Jason said:

Rob Williams (Rob Williams Guitars) will be finishing it with the vote yet to take place.

The builders have all been fantastic so far with them all talking to each other.

I am going to raffle off the guitar at the show with all proceedings going to a charity, I've yet to decide on which one yet, but I'm leaning towards something to do with children, if you have any recommendations of a charity, or have one that is personal to you, let me know, I just want it to help.

Hopefully you'll buy a ticket at the show, its going to be a top spec'd guitar. @theguitarshowuk if you want to see it so far.
    Say, never mind the children, what about the Prostate Cancer UK charity? Most of the attendees will be blokes, and this would be a great tie up. Maybe the charity would be happy to take a stall, if you were to offer one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7332
    Sounds great - I shall definitely be there 
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:

Jason said:

Say, never mind the children, what about the Prostate Cancer UK charity? Most of the attendees will be blokes, and this would be a great tie up. Maybe the charity would be happy to take a stall, if you were to offer one. 

Thats not a bad shout - and for other reasons, a mate, a mates dad, my dad - cheers
  • @Jason , somehow I feel that my favourite part of the event is not going to happen this year.
    Getting a hug from me @Handsome_Chris ?
    That's it.  I suspect that there'll be plenty more hugs to issue. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3098
    tFB Trader
    @Jason , somehow I feel that my favourite part of the event is not going to happen in 2020..
    Oh, it’s happening. 

The jury is out on whether you’re invited though...
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    @jason And I think Rich is there as a demo artist? 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:
    @jason And I think Rich is there as a demo artist? 
    Yeah he is, weird co-incidence really, we work together at my other Job at BIMM*  

Neil at Haynes Guitars asked if he could have a slot on the live stage and sent me through a video link and it was Rich and Jason, he really is a monster player.

*Rich teaches guitar, theory, performance, techniques etc, I'm not allowed to teach guitar, mainly because my advice is along the lines of "you don't look cool enough, lower your guitar strap" :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Looking forward to it as ever.

As usual, D'Addario will be there and we'll have a few games with some great prizes, more coming soon...

Maybe a guitar.....maybe.....

• RolandRoland Frets: 8570
    edited December 2019
    Adji said:
    As usual, D'Addario will be there
    Will there be bulk packs of 10-52s? They always seem to be left out in favour of lighter sizes.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11378
    Adji said:

As usual, D'Addario will be there and we'll have a few games with some great prizes, more coming soon...

Will you have deals on the normal strings that everyone uses, or just try to flog us the latest NYXL or other super-expensive strings?
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    Adji said:
    As usual, D'Addario will be there
    Will there be bulk packs of 10-52s? They always seem to be left out in favour of lighter sizes.
    crunchman said:
    Adji said:

Will you have deals on the normal strings that everyone uses, or just try to flog us the latest NYXL or other super-expensive strings?
    This sort of answers both your questions.
    Our primary aim is not to sell you guys stuff at these shows. That is what our retailers are for.
    We'll certainly be chatting about NYXL and XT and be running giveaways, have artist performing on the main stage and hanging at our stand, but no, we won't be there selling bulk packs.

Roland, I feel your pain on 10-52, that's my main gauge of choice too!