What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    Slimbert said:
    ThorpyFX said:

fandango said:

To the one who had some problems with buzz, I hope the presence of your missus calmed you down a bit. You know who you are and it was great to catch up with you again. Keep up the good work.

Again, I don't think Adrian Thorpe will mind you saying his name. He's not the Candyman.

Seriously...do you get a kick out of being so cryptic? Comes across a bit weird to be honest.
    Well, its a difficult one isn't it,  after the volume of last year we spent a great deal of time money and effort moving to a headphone setup that would give us the best tone for our pedals possible....

despite this, the venue (well the power we were connected to) had some issue and there was a load of dirt on the line that was causing everything to sound awful. Jason did his best to mitigate it on Saturday and got it FULLY  resolved for Sunday and i can't thank him and his team enough for that.

As for me being stressed, yeah absolutely i was.. we work hard to try and make pedals as good as they can be, i want customers (potential or otherwise) to hear that. When something like this happens and it detracts from what I see as the customer experience then  i guess i wear my heart on my sleeve and obvious fury on my face.

It subsided though as the issue got solved and I have to say, we had the best show we have ever had at this YAMM show. Customers seemed to dig what we were doing, new customers came on board, old ones came to say hello and friends in the industry were just as awesome as ever......  thanks to one and all who came by to say hi, and an especially awesome thanks to those who sampled our wears on the REDBEARD stand, this was REDBEARD EFFECTS first show and it went really well too.

I'm not saying this just to make you feel better but when playing through your boards, I didn't notice the noise even though I'd been warned about it before putting the headphones on. I was listening for the range/sweep of the controls, etc, rather than how quiet the pedals were. Maybe that would be different for someone new to your stuff but FWIW I don't think it would be a massive deal to many.

I haven't seen a single comment about the buzz noise outside this thread. In relation to the show, I've only seen high praise for your stuff. Seems your stand went down really well.

That said, I know how much it must've annoyed you. Most of us know how fastidious you are about sound quality. The headphones were a great idea!
    Thanks, means a Great deal to me. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3868
    Forget the buzz, when's the phaser coming out, @ThorpyFX ? I'm waiting with baited breath!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Lebarque said:
    Forget the buzz, when's the phaser coming out, @ThorpyFX ? I'm waiting with baited breath!
    I suspect there’s a delay before he releases the phaser. That’ll stun us!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2020
    Lebarque said:
    I’m still hoping for an auto wah / envelope filter one day lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I had a great time at The Guitar Show.  Saying that, I always do. I enjoyed talking country style guitar with our very own @koneguitarist , who is a complete gentleman.  I even got him to play a modern guitar: I'm sure that he's not just about the Telecasters.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ravirajaniravirajani Frets: 42
    tFB Trader
    Hi everyone! I'm Ravi from Rajani Amps. I had the stall opposite The Fretboard at The Guitar Show (which was my first trade show). I just joined the forum and look forward to chatting to you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Hi everyone! I'm Ravi from Rajani Amps. I had the stall opposite The Fretboard at The Guitar Show (which was my first trade show). I just joined the forum and look forward to chatting to you.
    Good to see you there! Some really nice looking amps you had there as well..
  • ravirajaniravirajani Frets: 42
    edited March 2020 tFB Trader
    Good to see you there! Some really nice looking amps you had there as well..
    Thank you!
  • Was a pleasure to meet some of you (some for the first time, and others once again). :) 
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • Already looking forward to next year's show, hoping to bring along some of my muso mates too next time instead of the (rather bored) other half.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    OK, un-stickied now that the dust's settled :)
    <space for hire>