Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I understand the marketing angle of keeping it fairly simple but it's a shame these don't have any way of channel switching an amp or midi - I'm still tempted but would have bought this week if did. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I've been using a Helix for over 4 years now, first a floor, and now a rack.  90% of the time I run one patch, phaser, OD, amp, reverb, delay.  I'm seriously considering one of these and pocketing the change
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    John_A said:
    I've been using a Helix for over 4 years now, first a floor, and now a rack.  90% of the time I run one patch, phaser, OD, amp, reverb, delay.  I'm seriously considering one of these and pocketing the change
    That's what I did, from Helix to HX Stomp, and it was a super smooth transition. Now I've sold the Stomp and the external expression pedal + double switch footswitch, and got a Go. Makes much more sense as an all-in-one for me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1659
    Just watched an episode of the Helix Hour where the subtle sonic differences between the Pod Go and HX engines are discussed.

There is a difference but under normal circumstances you'd be hard pushed to hear them.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4801
    John_P said:
    I understand the marketing angle of keeping it fairly simple but it's a shame these don't have any way of channel switching an amp or midi - I'm still tempted but would have bought this week if did. 
    And my first thought was, HX FX, perhaps? 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    Really enjoying the tones from my Pod Go, but unfortunately I have a problem.

Switched on my PG today and every patch is defaulting to EXP1 wah. The red light is on, but it is in normal volume mode and when I press, the wah will be engaged; the red LED stays constant. But when I repress the wah switches off but the EXP2 volume green LED does not appear - it stays on LED1 red & I have no volume control function. The green Exp2 light won't come on in any patch, even though the volume pedal in the preset is being shown as on - so I have no volume control - I'm hearing the patch fine, but I can't seem to get the volume to go up/down with pedal movement which should be a default setting. It's as if some global change has occurred but I haven't touched any global setting.

Needless to say I've rebooted my PG and PG Edit. It's like the EXP1 has taken control. The default should be the green volume and it then changes to red and switches to EXP 1 only when wah is engaged. But that isn't what's happening.  I tried reverting to a previous back-up, but no difference.  The EXP pedal 'clicks' but the Vol Exp2 green LED light does not engage. I'm now thinking that this might be a physical 'switch' issue rather than being a software related problem, & if that is the case it will have to go back to Yamaha for a replacement.

I've opened a ticket but if anyone here can help, I'd be pleased to hear from you.  Many thanks.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Try a factory reset. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Try a factory reset. 
    Will that retain v1.11?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    I don't know, probably. Try it, that's what you've got the warranty for innit. 
    My trading feedback

edited July 2020
    Factory reset didn't help.  BUT I went through all the settings again and I think I've found the problem. The pedal was set for F7/8 (I have external switches connected) - when I went into settings on Pod Go Edit or Pod Go and toggled From F7/F8 to EXP2 and then back to F7/F8, my volume came back & the green light is on.  HOWEVER when I switch off Pod Go and restart it, the same thing happens.  This can't be right and unless I'm missing a setting that I don't know about, the only thing I can think is that there's a bug either in Pod Go or Pod Go Edit. I've raised a Line 6 ticket so I'll see what they say.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Voxman said:
    Factory reset didn't help.  BUT I went through all the settings again and I think I've found the problem. The pedal was set for F7/8 (I have external switches connected) - when I went into settings on Pod Go Edit or Pod Go and toggled From F7/F8 to EXP2 and then back to F7/F8, my volume came back & the green light is on.  HOWEVER when I switch off Pod Go and restart it, the same thing happens.  This can't be right and unless I'm missing a setting that I don't know about, the only thing I can think is that there's a bug either in Pod Go or Pod Go Edit. I've raised a Line 6 ticket so I'll see what they

Sounds like it's a bug to me. Have you been over to the Line 6 forums to see if anyone has the same issue?

edited July 2020
    longi said:
    Voxman said:
    Factory reset didn't help.  BUT I went through all the settings again and I think I've found the problem. The pedal was set for F7/8 (I have external switches connected) - when I went into settings on Pod Go Edit or Pod Go and toggled From F7/F8 to EXP2 and then back to F7/F8, my volume came back & the green light is on.  HOWEVER when I switch off Pod Go and restart it, the same thing happens.  This can't be right and unless I'm missing a setting that I don't know about, the only thing I can think is that there's a bug either in Pod Go or Pod Go Edit. I've raised a Line 6 ticket so I'll see what they

Sounds like it's a bug to me. Have you been over to the Line 6 forums to see if anyone has the same issue?

No one else has reported this yet but I think very few people are adding extra footswitches so far. I just happened to have 2 momentary switches with the correct y cable from my Boss GT3/6 days.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4195
    Do you need a computer  to use it to its full potential? My Mac only runs El Capitan and it looks like you need Sierra and upwards to use the software.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
    There are things that are easier to do via Pod GO Edit, simply because the interface is more intuitive to use and it's all very visual, but I think you can replicate it all on the Pod.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There are things that are easier to do via Pod GO Edit, simply because the interface is more intuitive to use and it's all very visual, but I think you can replicate it all on the Pod.  
    Yes you can, but it's much easier with Pod Go edit and you can hear changes and undo them if you want to. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4195
    Cool thanks, 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I rarely use my pc with my Helix, it’s really easy without it
    edited July 2020
    So, today my wife went to Homebase and it's been the first chance I've had to play my Pod Go through some amps.  Connecting via the amp out, the master level on Pod Go doesn't function but through the left main out it does.  Is this normal?

Through the parallel FX return of my 2 channel Valvestate 8080 I get tons of volume and the master volume on the amp controls volume.  But through the serial fx return of my Laney Cub12R I don't get the volume and the amp volume dial doesnt do anything, so I can only control volume through the Pod Go. I'm unclear why the Cubs amp volume isn't doing anything. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re Pod Go's global out settings for amp and headphone, what should be the best out settings? I've experimented but as far as I can tell the global changes don't seem to do anything.

I therefore think I might be doing something wrong. Thoughts guys?
  • Picked one up during the week after hearing no difference between it and the helix, very impressed. Haven't dived too deep yet but have come up with a few useable tones at least. 
  • nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    Voxman said:
    So, today my wife went to Homebase and it's been the first chance I've had to play my Pod Go through some amps.  Connecting via the amp out, the master level on Pod Go doesn't function but through the left main out it does.  Is this normal?

Through the parallel FX return of my 2 channel Valvestate 8080 I get tons of volume and the master volume on the amp controls volume.  But through the serial fx return of my Laney Cub12R I don't get the volume and the amp volume dial doesnt do anything, so I can only control volume through the Pod Go. I'm unclear why the Cubs amp volume isn't doing anything. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re Pod Go's global out settings for amp and headphone, what should be the best out settings? I've experimented but as far as I can tell the global changes don't seem to do anything.

I therefore think I might be doing something wrong. Thoughts guys?
    I really need to get to know how to use an effects loop properly! I've got a Roland JC-40 that has an effects loop, but I've only ever gone directly into the front of the amp. 

I've been using my new Pod Go directly into some PreSonus studio monitors. But today I've had a go with my amp, with and without the effects loop. I read some info about using the effects loop, saying to connect the 'amp out' on the Pod to the 'FX return' on the amp. This is where I'm a little unsure really. These are the various options I've tried:

Pod Amp Out > Amp input - Pod master volume does nothing - Amp volume works normally
    Pod Amp Out > Amp FX return - Pod master volume does nothing - Amp volume does nothing (but fixed low volume)
    Pod Main Left Out > Amp FX return - Pod master volume works - Amp volume does nothing (but fixed low volume)
    Pod Main Left Out > Amp input - Pod master volume works - Amp volume works normally