Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    1 more sleep 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited June 2020
    The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am that some stores appear to be taking advantage and capitalising on their early acquisition of Pod Go to ask overly inflated prices. I appreciate stores need and are fully entitled to make a reasonable profit and that smaller stores may have to ask a bit more because of reduced buying power as compared to bigger names. I also fully appreciate that customer service has value too. So if you've had great service from a store , and like and trust them you might be quite happy to pay a bit more for that. 

And I wholly acknowledge that no one is holding a gun to people's head and forcing them to buy, and that some people are impatient and simply happy to pay over the odds to be first.  But having said all that, let's look at some prices.

Coda is selling Pod Go for £399 and Andertons, Peach, GuitarGuitar, GAK, and many other web prices are the same. DV247 is £398 and I saw at least one smaller store at £395.  So, it's reasonable to assume these stores are all still making a reasonable profit at this price.

Gear4music is a little more at £419 but still reasonable not least because they offer a 2 year warranty and 30 day return policy, and that has value to some customers, including myself. They also offer an extended 6yr warranty with 180 day return extension for around £25 with 50% back after 6yrs if you didn't need it  

I'm discounting Thoman, Bax and other non UK based stores for the moment because currency changes impact on their prices causing fluctuations. 

But PMT at £454 is nearly 20% more and with only a standard 12mth warranty and normal 14 day statutory returns policy, that seems a bit 'rich' to me.

But then we look at Absolute Music who are showing a web price of £499, which is 25% more than the more usual price of £399.  I'm sorry, but in my book that's outrageous and sheer profiteering and I personally wouldn't want anything to do with a store that operated in that way.

Perhaps I'm being unfair...they are of course quite entitled to ask what they want, just as customers are entitled to say 'no thank you' and shop elsewhere. But it still doesn't sit well with me. 

What do you guys think?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    I think you vote with your wallet and let capitalism do its thing. Life’s too short to make a fuss. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    edited June 2020
    Voxman said:

But then we look at Absolute Music who are showing a web price of £499, which is 25% more than the more usual price of £399.  I'm sorry, but in my book that's outrageous and sheer profiteering and I personally wouldn't want anything to do with a store that operated in that way.

Perhaps I'm being unfair...they are of course quite entitled to ask what they want, just as customers are entitled to say 'no thank you' and shop elsewhere. But it still doesn't sit well with me. 

What do you guys think?
    I bought mine from Absolute and I paid £399.  I pre-ordered before they listed on their website and when they quoted me a price - which I think was £440 - I told them others where selling for less and they immediately price matched.  They are local to me, give great customer service and Ive bought a fair amount of gear from them over the years.  It's owned and staffed by people who are dedicated musicians and the one thing they are not is outrageous profferers.

I agree that they are unlikely to sell at that level and pretty soon that price will be adjusted.  Its probably based on the RRP from Line 6 and they haven't yet tested the market to get a sense of where it's at.

However, as you have said, stores are free to charge what they can, thats capitalism.  If the buyer is stupid enough not to shop around or try to negotiate its surely their problem not the sellers.  And, I'm certain Ive seen arguments elsewhere on here regarding  the evil of monopolies when everyone is selling at exactly the sale price.   You cant have it both ways.

Voxman said:

What do you guys think?
    I bought mine from Absolute and I paid £399.  I pre-ordered before they listed on their website and when they quoted me a price - which I think was £440 - I told them others where selling for less and they immediately price matched.  They are local to me, give great customer service and Ive bought a fair amount of gear from them over the years.  It's owned and staffed by people who are dedicated musicians and the one thing they are not is outrageous profferers.

I agree that they are unlikely to sell at that level and pretty soon that price will be adjusted.  Its probably based on the RRP from Line 6 and they haven't yet tested the market to get a sense of where it's at.

However, as you have said, stores are free to charge what they can, thats capitalism.  If the buyer is stupid enough not to shop around or try to negotiate its surely their problem not the sellers.  And, I'm certain Ive seen arguments elsewhere on here regarding  the evil of monopolies when everyone is selling at exactly the sale price.   You cant have it both ways.
    I think that's fair enough...up to a point. If they know £499 is really out of whack, and have just sold to you at £399, so they know that's pretty much the market price, surely there's no justification for upping their web price from £399 that I saw, to £499. But good to hear they've been flexible and given you great service. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4781
    Anyone swapping from an HX Effects to this? If so, why, and why not any of the other HX options? I’m currently pondering.....
    Not me. The HX FX hits the spot perfectly for my need to integrate with an amp and control things using the HX FX as a MIDI controller for it. I don't see the Pod Go as being in the same category at all.
    edited June 2020
    I'm confused re UK warranty periods for Pod Go. Line 6 website says 12 months; Yamaha website says 24 months. Yamaha own Line 6 - so which warranty applies?  Even the stores seem confused. I've asked on the Line 6 forum but no one has yet responded.

Does anyone here know authoritatively -  @rossyamaha can you help?  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can't confirm this for you but I can tell you that the online warranty date as illustrated on the Line 6 portal after registering the purchase shows a 12 month warranty. That said, Line 6 have proven themselves to be superb regarding customer support, whether this extends to Yamaha UK I can't say having never had to use it, (which speaks volumes in itself I guess).
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

edited June 2020
    I can now clarify folks. I've just spoken with Martin who's a lovely, very helpful guy at Yamaha London, who have Pod Go in stock (came in yesterday).  If you buy from Yamaha they give a free extended 2yr warranty and offer a 30 day return policy - as Pod Go is so new Martin even said that they are being a bit more flexible even on the 30 day return - so even if you're a bit later as long as you've kept Pod Go and all the packaging nice & give them a call they can deal with a return.   I'm not expecting too many folk to want to return their new Pod Go, but it's great to know you've got the flexibility backed by great customer service from Yamaha (who of course own Line 6). 

Unless other stores specifically offer anything different, anywhere else its the normal 12 mth warranty & 14 day statutory return period for Pod Go. 

Needless to say I've bought myself a Pod Go and should get it latter part of next week sometime! Although I didn't ask and just assumed it was £399, Martin bless him even gave me a little 'welcome back' discount as an existing customer, so it was £393!  can't be bad!  So I'm a very happy bunny and now I'm just really looking forward to getting this puppy, putting it through its paces, and learning what it can do.    
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Congrats @Voxman ;

It's like the night before Christmas!
    edited June 2020
    NelsonP said:
    Congrats @Voxman ;;;;;;;;

It's like the night before Christmas!
    it's always nice to be able to treat yourself to some new gear now and again, but it will get here when it gets here.  I probably won't have too much of a chance to do anything with it until next Friday anyway.  

BTW I just got their invoice receipt - I thought the standard Yamaha store price was £399 but their current price on the web is £429, so Martin actually gave me a good discount to even trim a tad the £399 from other main stores - they operate a price promise policy where they'll match/beat other main stores.  Just shows, if you call stores & have a chat rather than just order on the web, there's often a bit of flexibility. 
  • Well my intention was to be prudent, wait for the initial buzz to die down, see how people are finding it six months down the line after the honeymoon period, wait for all the initial bug fixes to be put in place. Then I'd maybe consider selling my Stomp and moving to a Pod Go.

My resistance lasted more like 6 days than 6 months! Just agreed a sale for my Stomp and have put an order in to Coda for a Pod Go. Should arrive Monday!  =)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

So, line 6 pod go.. Initial thoughts after noodling with presets...

Form factor is a perfect balance of functionality vs weight and size.

Tones, to be honest too soon to tell if my ears can differentiate between this and the hd500x; I'd certainly have to dig deeper creating my own tones to tell. The wah tones appears better though. 

Along with form factor and price, the functionality was the main reason I bought it.. IRs, snapshots and multi parameter stomps are something I felt lacking with hd500x for sure..

Creating personal tones is a rabbit hole which takes time and I will no doubt reference my hd500x presets as reference for starting points, but I'm confident it will be an overall improvement once I get to grips with it.

Overall I'm glad it's here though, I'll hook it up with my laney lfr over the weekend and give a real blast... with bass too. Fathers day Sunday after all
    My trading feedback

edited June 2020
    Well my intention was to be prudent, wait for the initial buzz to die down, see how people are finding it six months down the line after the honeymoon period, wait for all the initial bug fixes to be put in place. Then I'd maybe consider selling my Stomp and moving to a Pod Go.

My resistance lasted more like 6 days than 6 months! Just agreed a sale for my Stomp and have put an order in to Coda for a Pod Go. Should arrive Monday! 

LOL!   @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;;my intention was also to hold off for a few weeks whilst prices settled and bugs got fixed  - but because Yamaha gave me a great price with a 2 year warranty, 30 day return, and they own Line 6 & give terrific customer service, I thought 'what the hell' and just went for it! 

bloodandtears
    said:

So, line 6 pod go.. Initial thoughts after noodling with presets...

Form factor is a perfect balance of functionality vs weight and size.

Tones, to be honest too soon to tell if my ears can differentiate between this and the hd500x; I'd certainly have to dig deeper creating my own tones to tell. The wah tones appears better though. 

Along with form factor and price, the functionality was the main reason I bought it.. IRs, snapshots and multi parameter stomps are something I felt lacking with hd500x for sure..

Creating personal tones is a rabbit hole which takes time and I will no doubt reference my hd500x presets as reference for starting points, but I'm confident it will be an overall improvement once I get to grips with it.

Overall I'm glad it's here though, I'll hook it up with my laney lfr over the weekend and give a real blast... with bass too. Fathers day Sunday after all
    @bloodandtears no question that it's going to take us all a while to get our heads round Pod Go, but like you I was attracted  by the IRs, snapshots and multi parameter stomps & I also needed something lighter, more compact, and more 'modern' than my Tonelab SE/LE, but that would meet my gigging needs.  The TLSE/TLLE are still great units that have served me well, but the technology has changed a lot since then - and even those I bought used (albeit in mint nick) so this is the first time I've bought a brand new MFX unit since the days when the Boss GT3 came out.  Pod Go looks to be the first MFX that should fit my needs & budget and as it's my birthday in about 6 weeks time, I thought I was long overdue treating myself.    
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3824
    edited June 2020
    Voxman said:
    Well my intention was to be prudent, wait for the initial buzz to die down, see how people are finding it six months down the line after the honeymoon period, wait for all the initial bug fixes to be put in place. Then I'd maybe consider selling my Stomp and moving to a Pod Go.

My resistance lasted more like 6 days than 6 months! Just agreed a sale for my Stomp and have put an order in to Coda for a Pod Go. Should arrive Monday! 

LOL!   @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;;;my intention was also to hold off for a few weeks whilst prices settled and bugs got fixed  - but because Yamaha gave me a great price with a 2 year warranty, 30 day return, and they own Line 6 & give terrific customer service, I thought 'what the hell' and just went for it! 

I wish I'd waited til I saw your post about the 2 year deal being offered by Yamaha London as I would have gone for that instead! Still, I generally prefer to support smaller independent retailers like Coda so I'm happy to give them my £399 anyway.
    Voxman said:

LOL!   @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;;;my intention was also to hold off for a few weeks whilst prices settled and bugs got fixed  - but because Yamaha gave me a great price with a 2 year warranty, 30 day return, and they own Line 6 & give terrific customer service, I thought 'what the hell' and just went for it! 

I wish I'd waited til I saw your post about the 2 year deal being offered by Yamaha London as I would have gone for that instead! Still, I generally prefer to support smaller independent retailers like Coda so I'm happy to give them my £399 anyway.
    Coda are a good store, that give good customer service so I hear you - a long time ago there used to be one local to me in Barnet that I used to visit and buy gear from, and I knew the guys in there, but alas their Stevenage store is too far away now just to 'pop in'.  
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    Got one of these coming early in the week. Coming from a firehawk fx which I quite liked, so I was instantly sold seeing this.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Really tempted to try one of these and looking forward to the reviews as you all get them.      
     Can’t help but think this is the type of unit fractal should have made instead of the fm3 as it looks a lot more practical.   
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    John_P said:
    Really tempted to try one of these and looking forward to the reviews as you all get them.      
     Can’t help but think this is the type of unit fractal should have made instead of the fm3 as it looks a lot more practical.   
    https://imgur.com/k3OmSYM
  • Well, my order from Coda was placed on Thursday night. Delivery was due either today or tomorrow. It actually arrived on Saturday morning! I was busy all weekend so didn't have any time to play with it aside from opening it, plugging it in and checking it all worked. Gonna run the update to the latest firmware this morning then will have a proper delve today.

Any tips/tricks/early thoughts from others who have already had a tinker?