Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• That's why I went with a laney fr because the firm factor is more akin to a standard cab as opposed to the wedges. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's why I went with a laney fr because the firm factor is more akin to a standard cab as opposed to the wedges. 
    I had the Laney LFR112 and it was pretty good - definitely the best of those types of solutions. I preferred it to the Line6 Powercab. But I prefer my Marshall 2555x to all of them for sure!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited August 2020
     The only thing that concerns me is that you can only run 4 effects. I may have to look into the Helix LT.
    Don't forget you can run additional FX in the FX loop too. But do you really need more than 4 FX?  I find that a delay, reverb, distortion (or compressor), modulation is typically all I need.  Re distortion, I can usually also set amp gain to go from clean to distortion and/or even use the EQ in front of the amp as a gain boost - so there are ways to give greater flexibility.  There are also certain 'mixed' fx eg some delays give modulation, some chorus can switch between chorus & univibe, etc.  Odd as it may seem, having only up to 4 user blocks does tend to focus you and help keep things simpler.

But if you genuinely need and regularly use a lot of FX then you'll need something like Helix LT.  I could easily have gone the Helix LT route, especially as used prices have dropped, but I specifically wanted a much smaller, lighter unit that was simpler to use so I accepted the compromises. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited August 2020
    Yup, i think I rememberred right re easy switching in 4CM mode from your amp to a Pod Go pre-amp model  - see p7 of the manual re 'Important' & 'Tip' under Pod Go 4CM section on the right of the page. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • *Necro Bump*

Anyone got any recommendations for a carry case for a Pod GO? Does anyone have the official Line 6 case, and if so is it good value?

I know I've heard a lot of people using an old laptop bag to carry theirs, but alas I don't have one, and if I'm gonna spend money on something new I'd rather get something more fit for purpose.

Any decent value hard-cases/flight-cases out there?