Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot

Comments

• I could potentially sell my LT for this and recoup some funds. If i'm honest, the LT is overkill for me.
    If you do, wait until after 3.0 drops. Even if LT is more overkill, you may be able to get more in trade.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited June 2020
    I could potentially sell my LT for this and recoup some funds. If i'm honest, the LT is overkill for me.
    If you do, wait until after 3.0 drops. Even if LT is more overkill, you may be able to get more in trade.

Are the contents of the LT 3.0 publicly viewable or a secret?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited June 2020
    I could potentially sell my LT for this and recoup some funds. If i'm honest, the LT is overkill for me.
    And when might that be...???

I'm going to guess Helix products might get a bump in value if they're the only premium modellers with polyphonic pitch detection. All the stuff EHX have done with what I imagine to be derivatives of the same polyphonic detection and tracking software is mad, and Line 6 would be going down that path now too. The HOG, POG, Attack Decay etc...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I had a call today from my retailer who said they were expecting stock on 16th/17th June and they would call me as soon as they arrived to arrange delivery or collection.  

that's reassuring..  GuitarGuitar could tell me nothing.. It's a refundable deposit so I may jump ship if I hear nothing nearer that time..  who's that with??
    Absolute Music in Poole.  Nothing on there website but I phoned them in April and pre-ordered.  Their shop opens on the 15th so they have given me the option of collecting in person as soon as they get them rather than lose a day shipping it out to me.  Its a 10 mile drive so probably a no brainer.

• nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    Voxman said:
    Very frustrating I agree - I made the decision though not to pre-order and let them sit on 20% of my money. 
    Hey, I've preordered and Andertons are sitting on 100% of my money!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited June 2020
    nonesuch said:
    Voxman said:
    Very frustrating I agree - I made the decision though not to pre-order and let them sit on 20% of my money. 
    Hey, I've preordered and Andertons are sitting on 100% of my money!
    Ouch!  I think that's a bit strong!  :o

Also, and I stand to be corrected here, but as far as I can see from their website you only get the standard 14 days statutory period to return it for a full refund if you change your mind (not a lot of time to try it out!) and a standard 12mths manufacturer's warranty - they do give a 30 day exchange option though.  In view of their size, name and exposure I'd at least have expected them to do something akin to Gear4Musics standard offering (see below). 

Peach guitars appear to be as above re standard 12 mths warranty & 14 day statutory returns but only ask 20% deposit. (£399)
    Guitarguitar appear to be as per Peach re warranty & returns but only ask for a £50 deposit (£399)
    PMT Online 10% deposit (price £454) - same 14 days/12 mths as above as far as I can see

Thomann offers a 30 day money back guarantee ('no hassle, no questions asked') plus a 3 yr guarantee. Pod Go currently shown at £433 (but will fluctuate with currency changes). Don't know if you can pre-order and what you'd have to pay.

Gear4Music are expecting deliver 1st - 3rd July, Pod Go shown at £419 - not sure what you have to pay to pre-order. But they offer a 2-year warranty & 30-day money-back guarantee included as standard.  You can also buy an extended warranty up to 6 year total for: £25.15 (50% cashback if not used at end of 6 years), but which also Includes a 180 day money back guarantee.  This looks pretty fair to me and their website says:

The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:

• Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
    • Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
    • Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years in the event of an item becoming faulty
    • Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
    • Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
    • Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
    • If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
    • The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    Just a heads up guys but over on the Pod Go thread on the Gear Page there have been one or two folk who over the last few days appear to have experienced some kind of software  glitch and had to reflash their v1.10 firmware 're blocks 'missing' when using Pod Go edit.  Also seem to be some wierd sound behaviours when changing some gain or volume parameters, and some other odd bits. I think one of the guys on there is Line 6 and he posted a day or two back that some bug fixes were coming. Also mention of some .dlI wobble on Pod Go Edit?

Doesn't sound like anything major or widespread and probably just a bit of 'to be expected' teething 'gremlins' re a new piece of gear, but thought I'd just flag. I'm only very quickly paraphrasing and may not have fully understood or relayed all this accurately so please have a look on the Gear Page Pod Go thread circa p203 onwards if you want to know more.

So perhaps the delays in our getting Pod Go here in the UK might be a small blessing in disguise in that by the time we do get Pod Go hopefully these minor glitches will have been ironed out.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    That thought had crossed my mind.. I don't feel like an early adopter anymore. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Ive just had a look at the Gear Page forums and wow, its crap website.  So much advertising that its actually tricky to read the posts.  No much activity that its difficult to follow much.  I didn't like it.

edited June 2020
    Ive just had a look at the Gear Page forums and wow, its crap website.  So much advertising that its actually tricky to read the posts.  No much activity that its difficult to follow much.  I didn't like it.
    Not the easiest lay out I agree, but there's some good stuff in there. They seem to really love Pod Go - reading some of the posts you'd think it was the 'second coming' with any heretic disbelievers sent to the Spanish Inquisition for death by slow torture!  lolkwhipchainsaw
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks like these should be hitting stores next week. Just spoke with Andertons and they spoke with Line 6, 2 days ago - two deliveries expected circa 19-21 June. 

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    First shipment goes out tomorrow. I can’t say for sure but I think they’re all pre sold. There certainly won’t be enough for free stock but if you have a pre order in, there is a chance you’ll get one off the first shipment. No promises of course. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Good video from Steve Sterlacci (pro session/touring guitarist) on the pro's and con's of the Pod Go vs Full Helix for the gigging musician...

@rossyamaha ; Is that in reference to Andertons only? or other UK such as GuitarGuitar?
    My trading feedback

@rossyamaha ; Is that in reference to Andertons only? or other UK such as GuitarGuitar?
    I think Pod Go will start to hit stores at a similar time.  It may take a bit longer for 'free stock' to be available after the initial pre-order runs but c'est la vie. 
    Usually everyone that has an order on the system gets some. 

edited June 2020
    First shipment goes out tomorrow. I can’t say for sure but I think they’re all pre sold. There certainly won’t be enough for free stock but if you have a pre order in, there is a chance you’ll get one off the first shipment. No promises of course. 
    Understood, thanks @rossyamaha - I haven't pre-ordered so will have to wait for 'free stock'.  There have been some bugs reported on v1.10 (freezes, odd behaviours etc) but on 5 June on 'The Gear Page' Frank Ritchotte (from Line 6) posted "We have bug fixes coming soon". Do you know if this firmware update has now been finalised and if it will be pre-installed in Pod Go in the forthcoming deliveries? If not, do you know when the bug-fixes are coming?
    Voxman said:
    Understood. @rossyamaha - there have been some bugs reported on v1.10 (freezes, odd behaviours etc) and on 5 June on 'The Gear Page' Frank Ritchotte (from Line 6) posted "We have bug fixes coming soon". Do you know if this firmware update has now been finalised and if it will be pre-installed in Pod Go in the forthcoming deliveries? If not, do you know when the bug-fixes are coming?
    Unfortunately I have to answer no to both those questions. Sorry. 

Im expecting mine from Absolute on Wednesday or Thursday.

Im expecting mine from Absolute on Wednesday or Thursday.

really? that's extremely quick compared to others..  I notice it's not listed on there website currently. Good luck.
    My trading feedback