Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited June 2020
    At first I wasn't sure about this, just seemed like a less flexible Stomp in a bigger box, but the more I look at it, it probably suits me better and could replace my pedalboard. I'm not a "power user" and the semi-fixed signal chain would be fine for me so long as I could also use it as just FX in 4CM with my real amp (wah and od in front & delay/reverb/EQ in the loop)? My headphone helix patches were just drive/comp > amp > IR > room reverb anyway so my playing at home tones would be covered.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    The 4CM is achievable on this unit. I think you use the "amp out" and the "send/return" block IO points to do it. The manuals are online so have a read.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Yeah the manual does show the connections for 4CM, I just wasn't sure on which effects blocks can be placed before the amp and which can go in the amp fx loop. Not sure how the signal chain works in terms of what goes where, doesn't seem that clear to me unless I'm being stupid. Probably one of those things I'd figure out in 5 minutes with the unit in front of me!
    you can move any of the blocks anywhere in the chain..  despite there being only 4 user assignable blocks..  they can ALL be moved around.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Andertons website now showing 18th June
    My trading feedback

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    TTBZ said:
    Yeah the manual does show the connections for 4CM, I just wasn't sure on which effects blocks can be placed before the amp and which can go in the amp fx loop. Not sure how the signal chain works in terms of what goes where, doesn't seem that clear to me unless I'm being stupid. Probably one of those things I'd figure out in 5 minutes with the unit in front of me!
    If you fancy listening to me ramble on aimlessly about all this stuff, have a look at this. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3119054354844341

I don't actually do 4CM but explain the process. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

My trading feedback

you can move any of the blocks anywhere in the chain..  despite there being only 4 user assignable blocks..  they can ALL be moved around.
    Awesome I had it in my head that they were fixed for some reason. 
    the marketing material has used the term "fixed" to refer to the non-user assignable blocks, e.g amp, cab, eq, vol and wah.... I think this has promoted assumptions that they cannot be moved around in the chain.

I, for one, always like to have the Volume as last slot, and Wah as first..  This will be my de facto "New Preset overwrite" when mine arrives.
    My trading feedback

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Im expecting mine from Absolute on Wednesday or Thursday.

really? that's extremely quick compared to others..  I notice it's not listed on there website currently. Good luck.
    Had a call from them this afternoon. It's in.   Could have picked it up from store if I could have got there from work in time today. Opted for next day delivery and it should be at my house by 1.00pm.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    edited June 2020
    Coda is showing them as in-stock right now...

Edit: and Peach now too...
    Guitarguitar had 10 delivered today I believe..  I'm #9 on the wait list.. so I should get mine before weekend.. hopefully tomorrow if they pull their finger out.
    My trading feedback

got my delivery email.. it'll be here tomorrow :-)
    My trading feedback

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Anyone swapping from an HX Effects to this? If so, why, and why not any of the other HX options? I’m currently pondering.....
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited June 2020
    I think I'll wait a bit for the initial buying spree to subside a little, let the price settle down, and go for a supplier with a bit longer guarantee and return period. 

I've noticed that some stores seem to be taking some liberties on their website asking price. Prices should be around the £399 mark, but whilst at least one store is showing £454, which is a bit 'previous', Absolute are now asking £499 which in my book is outrageous and out and out profiteering. 

Whilst in short supply, I think some stores are clearly looking to capitalise on some extra profit margins on Pod Go from customers who 'want it now' and are prepared to pay over the odds.   

Hence why I'm not playing that game and I'll wait a bit for supplies to be more regular, and prices settle. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mine arrived as promised just before 2.00pm.  I have been playing with it a bit this evening, just through the pre-sets and with no tweaking.  Sounds nice and is very reactive to changes in the guitar volume and me doing a bit of digging in with a pick.   Now I  need to learn how to use it properly.

edited June 2020
    Mine arrived as promised just before 2.00pm.  I have been playing with it a bit this evening, just through the pre-sets and with no tweaking.  Sounds nice and is very reactive to changes in the guitar volume and me doing a bit of digging in with a pick.   Now I  need to learn how to use it properly.
    Many congrats, and enjoy.

Whilst I'm anticipating everyone will rave about Pod Go initially, it will be interesting to hear feedback after the initial  ( typically 30 days) honeymoon period.  Will enthusiasm wane or will it actually increase as folk learn more about what it can do?  I can't ever recall any piece of gear giving rise to so much anticipation before! ... arguably not even Helix. B

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Voxman said:

Whilst I'm anticipating everyone will rave about Pod Go initially, it will be interesting to hear feedback after the initial  ( typically 30 days) honeymoon period.  Will enthusiasm wane or will it actually increase as folk learn more about what it can do?  I can't ever recall any piece of gear giving rise to so much anticipation before! ... arguably not even Helix. B

It has the same sounds as Helix and people are still finding out new ways of using that. I have been using a Pod HD 500 since 2011 so for me this is a major step up both in sound quality and functionality.    The clean sounds are lovely.

I have hit one problem. I keep getting an error message when trying to down load the Pod Go edit software.   Hopefully this is temporary.  

edited June 2020
    Voxman said:

It has the same sounds as Helix and people are still finding out new ways of using that. I have been using a Pod HD 500 since 2011 so for me this is a major step up both in sound quality and functionality.    The clean sounds are lovely.

I have hit one problem. I keep getting an error message when trying to down load the Pod Go edit software.   Hopefully this is temporary.  
    This appears to be a known bug that Line 6 know about. A couple of weeks back Line 6 on the Gear Page have promised that a bug fix firmware update should be available 'shortly'...Which is another reason I'm hanging fire for the moment before pulling the trigger.  There have also been reports of freezing. 

Line 6 say the natural successor to the HD500x  is actually Helix LT and that Pod Go is something 'quite different'.

Out of interest @thumpingrug ;;did yours come upgraded with v1.10 firmware?  If not, have you upgraded the firmware?
    Voxman said:
    Voxman said:

This appears to be a known bug that Line 6 know about. A couple of weeks back Line 6 on the Gear Page have promised that a bug fix firmware update should be available 'shortly'...Which is another reason I'm hanging fire for the moment before pulling the trigger.  There have also been reports of freezing. 

Out of interest @thumpingrug ;did yours come upgraded with v1.10 firmware?  If not, have you upgraded the firmware?
    Yep it had v1.10 installed on startup.  Ive managed to get the Pod Go edit software installed - might have been an issue with Safari browser as it was fine once I switched to Chrome.  Very nice interface, very intuitive, I had a simple patch set up in a couple of minutes  (Tweed amp - spring reverb - TS as a boost)  sounds very nice.  Lots more experimentation to come over the next few days.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom