Demonstrations in Peckham today -Black Lives Matter

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99 said:
    rage against the machine predicted all this
    That's a weird way of saying inspired ;)

prowla said:
    I'm not sure that they are left-wing anarchists.
    A lot of them are. Some are just opportunists. Virtually none of them are white supremacists.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    tony99 said:
    rage against the machine predicted all this
    As did the Kaiser Chiefs.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    and the Osmonds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12329
    And Karl Douglas
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7107
    also many of Joy Division's tunes were set against a backdrop of socioeconomic deprivation, alienation and urban decay
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.nbc12.com/2020/05/31/its-unacceptable-richmond-police-chief-gets-emotional-while-talking-about-protests/

Rioters trying to murder babies in revenge for cops murdering people. Couldn't make it up.

Bye!

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4925

Virtually none of them are white supremacists.

You might be on to something there...
  • Here's how the media shapes your perceptions...

Release an article labelling people as rednecks, because we all know rednecks are bad. And add in the undertones that looting is acceptable as a form of protest.

And then.....

WHITE WASH THE BLACK PEOPLE OUT OF THE FRAME TO MAKE SURE GOOD N' PROPER THAT YOU ACTUALLY ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE AND CONTINUE RACE-BASED HATRED BECAUSE IT HELPS SELL CLICKS!!!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787

Dear Drew,

Rather than post a load of stuff without much in the way of comment, could you explain your position in words that we can all understand?

I'm struggling to see exactly what you're trying to say.

- - - - -

My view of the protests in the UK is that there are plenty of BAME people here who know how the people in the US feel because, with the exception of seeing heavily tooled-up policemen, their lives are equally blighted by the way they are treated on a daily basis.

There have been plenty of cases of black men dying both in custody and while being arrested, more than one who was unable to breathe and said so as he died.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

Dear Drew,

Rather than post a load of stuff without much in the way of comment, could you explain your position in words that we can all understand?

- - - - -

My view of the protests in the UK is that there are plenty of BAME people here who know how the people in the US feel because, with the exception of seeing heavily tooled-up policemen, their lives are equally blighted by the way they are treated on a daily basis.

There have been plenty of cases of black men dying both in custody and while being arrested, more than one who was unable to breathe and said so as he died.
    That seems to be Drew's thing, I've mentioned it before and he began providing a bit more of his own opinion to his posts but now seems to be falling back into old habits. No problems with that, you post what you post.

I'll hazard a guess at what his last couple of posts are all about; the black guy's gun is way bigger than the white guy's gun?

some sort of objectification perhaps?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    He's showing off what he learnt on his recent sabbatical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    he's alright he's a good lad
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Yeah, definitely left-wingers*.

Photo taken by a good friend who lives in Minneapolis, posted yesterday afternoon. She has reported that there's been a number of pickup trucks without licence plates patrolling the streets. She filmed one of these stop, where the guy got out and try to pick a fight with the staff ant a liquor store. Later that evening he was seen firing shots.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    tony99 said:
    Paul_C said:

Dear Drew,

- - - - -

That seems to be Drew's thing, I've mentioned it before and he began providing a bit more of his own opinion to his posts but now seems to be falling back into old habits. No problems with that, you post what you post.

I'll hazard a guess at what his last couple of posts are all about; the black guy's gun is way bigger than the white guy's gun?

Drew can only get an erection if he posts deliberately contravertial and/or contrarian things, without explanation, so that when people start questioning what he's doing he can then put his tin-foil-hat on and start arguing with people whilst spaffing all over his keyboard.

The fact that he's chosen to do so with this subject matter is even more repulsive and disgusting than usual.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    P.S. if anyone is in any doubts of Drew's motive, here's a full rundown, with references and sources, of this Andy Ngo guy that he's posted several pieces of material from.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ok, I'm probably after a telecaster anyway
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited June 2020

@Paul_C I'm afraid I don't have a simple response. I haven't yet formulated my entire thoughts on this issue. I just think it's really shitty that a man was murdered and people are rioting and causing even more damage and pain to random strangers as a consequence.

If that makes me disgusting and repulsive, fuck it. So be it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    Paul_C said:

Dear Drew,

- - - - -

I was pretty clear about why I posted those images.

NYPost wants you to think that only rednecks care about saving businesses from damage. They crop out the black guys who also care in order to frame the story.

Bye!

• https://twitter.com/cvaldary

This is a woman worth following if you want to prevent yourself sliding into despair about these societal ills. She has her head screwed on.

Bye!