Demonstrations in Peckham today -Black Lives Matter

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27508

Paul_C said:

You can persist with your view of it as a bad example if you like (and I'm sure you will) but it's not the point, and if you refuse to see or accept the point, then you're part of the problem that people face every single day. 

“If you don’t agree with me, then you”re part of the problem”.

Ah, well, I can’t argue with that.

Well, I could, but it’d serve no useful purpose.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    DefaultM said:

You're right it is a small sample size, and have you taken in to account that a large percentage of the forum has you on ignore?
    Oh - pray tell how you came by this nugget of information !  This has to be one of the funniest things I've read on here!  Not because I'm in any way concerned whether nobody or everybody has me on ignore - but your assertion, which has clearly been pulled out of your own arse - unless you're a hacker with access to the forum database.  I mean, if you're going to pull random drivel out of nowhere, you should see if Trump needs another press spokesperson! :lol: 

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Unless it was meant as a joke....  in which case....  stick a smiley in there - it's very difficult to interpret intention from text alone sometimes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    TTony said:

I can’t argue with that.

Well, I could, but I'd rather be a twat.

Fair enough.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:
    TTony said:

I can’t argue with that.

Well, I could, but I'd rather be a twat.

Fair enough.
    LOLz.

And thank you.  You prove my point - talking to you would serve no useful purpose - perfectly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    I worked for a Turtle Sanctuary in Sri Lanka .Day after day we would hawk around and have to "buy"Turtle Eggs from Poachers, Opportunist Beachcombers and Fishermen both to sustain their livelihood and prevent them being sold for food or Chinese medicine . They were lucky eggs in the market the day we were - the others got eaten.Of those "lucky eggs".....
    Some were infertile , some were damaged, some old and some viable  nevertheless we would incubate them all and eventually baby turtles would hatch . Every evening we would transfer batches to quiet Beaches and release those leathery little beatles onto the sand about ten yards from the tide and Life's weird game of chance would begin .Many fell at the first fence to scavenging Gulls and boobies, those that fared better were often overwhelmed by voracious crabs and torn to bits and finally 40 % would make it to the first crashing waves . Of those 9 out of 10 are eaten by predatory fish within minutes......after all that good luck from the day that we happened upon that particular poacher . I used to sit and reflect on the weird game of chance as you were not allowed to intercede with nature . Sometimes when Pradip ,the boss, wasn't looking I would tip a whole bowl of them into straight into the surf (they got a luckier break from the start ).
    Just a word on inequality......there is a profound Philosophical argument about this in so far as there will always be inequality in one form or another ;
    Some people are born to better circumstance
    Some benefit from better education
    Some people are born good looking ,athletic and desirable
    some are born disabled or cursed by ill-health
     Rarely ,others just happen to stumble upon a lucky break or the fates collide to bring good fortune most unexpectedly.
    We all signed up for the lottery 9 months before we were born .
     Somebody once said to Lee Iococa  " You have some amazing luck "
    he replied "You know it's a funny thing .....the harder I try the Luckier I get "
      Anybody who comes from a less privileged background has a steeper mountain to climb irrespective of colour ,creed or caste.
    That's the most certain fact but to expect life to be fair is like " expecting it not to rain because you didn't take your umbrella with you on that particular day ."
     You cannot change the game of chance nor ever truly even the odds but you certainly need to remove a blatant physical threat such as the US Police systemic murderous behaviour . 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Paul_C said:

Regardless of what I do, twitter is full of black people who consider it to be yet another example of perceived inequality.

The woman who was spat at was Belly Mujinga - she sadly died from Covid-19. The man alleged to have attacked her did not have coronavirus so she couldn't have caught it from him. The problem for police would have been trying to secure a conviction for assault - the victim had died and there were no direct witnesses to exactly what happened.

The guy in Scotland was drunk and was resisting arrest. There were witnesses and he was charged with assault. Having read a report on the BBC website it would appear he did more than spit at the officer.

Having read the facts as reported I'd say the cases were different.

Belly Mujinga's employer is now facing an investigation as she had health issues that her employer was aware of that should have meant she wasn't put in role that directly put her into contact with the public. They didn't even supply any PPE.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Emp_Fab said:
    DefaultM said:

You're right it is a small sample size, and have you taken in to account that a large percentage of the forum has you on ignore?
    Oh - pray tell how you came by this nugget of information !  This has to be one of the funniest things I've read on here!  Not because I'm in any way concerned whether nobody or everybody has me on ignore - but your assertion, which has clearly been pulled out of your own arse - unless you're a hacker with access to the forum database.  I mean, if you're going to pull random drivel out of nowhere, you should see if Trump needs another press spokesperson! :lol: 

Lol I can't believe it worked.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    What worked....?  Go on....   let’s hear the feeble ‘I was er... trying to troll you...’ or ‘if you have to ask, I’m not telling you’ or - the real cowardly complete silence...

What’s it gonna be ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :tired_face: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Percentage of black people to.percentage of black people I'm prison shows there is something socially wrong. I think we still have a racist society and a racist criminal justice system.

I don't condone protestors being violent.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom