• eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    -
  • Buying a Rickenbacker one would be cheaper than getting one built.

Does it need to be a hard case? Something like a Mono gig bag would offer a lot of protection and would fit pretty comfortably. 
    edited July 2022
    -
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    eoinzy said:
    Well I do have the Rickenbacker one, but it's too big for how often I want to take it in the car.

The Mono one came up in my research. Looks practical but those brown Gibson cases just look so cool. Thought there'd be a Rickenbacker equivalent. Prob chasing lost cause.
    Trust me, cases to fit a Rick are a totally lost cause. Despite the obvious benefits of guitar cases and the proliferation of cases available for almost every model of guitar available, Rickenbacker just don’t like anyone else making anything that make their guitars better/safer.
  • JMS96JMS96 Frets: 138
    Definitely won’t fit in a 335 case. I’ve tried that before.
  • I have gas for a 620. Again.
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    edited January 2022
    I used  an acoustic case years ago (330) before they were sold with proper cases.  Wasn't a particular tight fit  tho...
  • Any 660 players? If one could combine the high gain 620 pickups with the nut width and tailpiece of the 620....
  • Any 660 players? If one could combine the high gain 620 pickups with the nut width and tailpiece of the 620....
    …then you’d have a 620?
    …then you’d have a 620?
    silly me, the wider neck of the 660 I meant, but probably not a whole lot in it!
  • The modern 620s have necks that feel much like any other guitar tbh. The supposed skinny necks are hugely exaggerated. Try a 620. It’s a normal guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    edited January 2022
    prowla said:
    There seems to be an imbalance of guitars vs. basses here, so let me help put that right.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• The most played Ric in history?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was ogling the Rickenbacker 480 on YT yesterday.

• I don’t speak bass, but if I did it’d certainly be one of these. Not mine, it’s just living here at the moment and it really is a beautiful thing. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14312
    tFB Trader
    Just spoke to Ken, show organiser, last night - All tables booked so a full house of exhibitors over two rooms - So hopefully a good day - Hope to see a few familiar faces and new faces so come along and say hi
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2251
    I don’t speak bass, but if I did it’d certainly be one of these. Not mine, it’s just living here at the moment and it really is a beautiful thing. 

I played bass a lot for 20 years and played a lot of really nice basses. The ric I tried in coda was like stop mucking around and play me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I sold my Mapleglo 360 a few weeks back when I needed a bit of cash…this thread is making me wish I’d stopped eating or something instead.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1391
    Finally played a 330 today. Stunning guitar all round. I don't get the issues with the neck. Yeah it feels a bit thin, but I still had no problem playing chords, or string bends. It was the same as the one in the photo above. I love that colour but think I still prefer the shape of the 360. I think I will finally sell off a lot of stuff and go for a Ric 360.