The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club (NSFW)

What's Hot

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    @GavRichList I'll have a look and see what they say!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I am assuming this was a real ad, but someone got a bloody bargain!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oops! NGD. Didn’t need it one bit, but also couldn’t allow it to go to anyone else. It needs a setup but sounds phenomenal and I love how custardy it’s turned. It’s had a refret and a new nut in its life but the refret has been done well. It’s so glorious to look at and can’t wait to get it dialled in. 

Yes, I have a problem. But just look at it. 
    (L-R) ‘91, ‘86, ‘88. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oops! NGD. Didn’t need it one bit, but also couldn’t allow it to go to anyone else. It needs a setup but sounds phenomenal and I love how custardy it’s turned. It’s had a refret and a new nut in its life but the refret has been done well. It’s so glorious to look at and can’t wait to get it dialled in. 

(L-R) ‘91, ‘86, ‘88. 

Bravo 

was that the one that was on Reverb for a steal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

(L-R) ‘91, ‘86, ‘88. 

Bravo 

was that the one that was on Reverb for a steal?
    Nope, that was a while back and there were issues with that one. This wasn’t a steal, but I wanted it. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Ooh, that is nice. Not my preferred Ric look, but that has me seriously questioning my taste!
  • I can now join in on this thread….. Mr F bought me this last week…. 620/12 I’m in love

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 524
    Well I’m back in the club folks! After a superb transaction with @sofasteve I have this wonderful 2018 330. 

Only had a quick play today but I’d say it’s easily the best of the 3 Rics I’ve had. After a set of new strings and lowering the bridge pickup a bit it rings like a bell. Will post a video if I get time later this week. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    @26.2 lovely fireglo on that, congrats 
    Cheers Gav!  

A couple of other things that are really great about this 330 - the neck is surprisingly slim compared to my old 2002 330. That’s perfect for me. Also further confirmation that the current hi-gains are great pickups. I think they really got their act together around about 2006-7 when they lowered the output slightly and put in the adjustable pole pieces. The 2002 pickups were pretty weird - all high output mids and nothing else. Very difficult to eq right. I won’t be putting toasters into this one for certain. 

26.2 said:
    Cheers Gav!  

A couple of other things that are really great about this 330 - the neck is surprisingly slim compared to my old 2002 330. That’s perfect for me. Also further confirmation that the current hi-gains are great pickups. I think they really got their act together around about 2006-7 when they lowered the output slightly and put in the adjustable pole pieces. The 2002 pickups were pretty weird - all high output mids and nothing else. Very difficult to eq right. I won’t be putting toasters into this one for certain. 

One can never have too many Rickenbackers, that’s what I say
    26.2 said:
    Cheers Gav!  

We know that’s what you say!! 

Yours are ace btw! 
    26.2 said:
    26.2 said:
    Cheers Gav!  

Yours are ace btw! 
    Why thank you. You need yourself a 360 now! 

26.2 said:
    26.2 said:
    Cheers Gav!  

Yours are ace btw! 
    Why thank you. You need yourself a 360 now! 

Just wow!! 

Had a nice 360 but not massively keen on Mapleglo so ended up selling it. 
    @26.2 these two are my favourites of late. Don’t find myself reaching for anything else. Anyway, get those vids up of the red chap  =)
    First rehearsal with the new 330 on Tuesday - sounded fantastic into a Vibrolux via a Pure Sky, DoT, or Gain Changer. Definitely the best sounding Ric I’ve had. 

This was our gear on the night: https://flic.kr/p/2osTfCi

Unfortunately our singer quit (again) but that’s another story! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1465
    edited April 2023
    My pair, both Fireglo, both completely different colours! A '94 360/12, which has been all over Europe with me for many gigs and in countless recording sessions, and my newly-acquired "used" '21 330 which I just got from Coda Music in basically untouched condition and beautifully set up. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There’s a Rickenbacker 330 Jetglo in the Eurovision semi! The Slovenian song - it’s rubbish, but the Ric looks great. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom