Fender John Cruz

What's Hot

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    dindude said:
    How to lose a career in 16 words and 1 picture - however, please can “America Corp” please hold their President to the same standards, he sends out at least 5 tweets a day that would get anyone else sacked. 
    That’s part of the problem. Trump gets to “speak his mind” on social media with impunity for the most part. It sets a precedent unfortunately.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7162
    That’s part of the problem. Trump gets to “speak his mind” on social media with impunity for the most part. It sets a precedent unfortunately.
    At least he cAn spl PRESIDENT!
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    At least he cAn spl PRESIDENT!
    Is that a joke? 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    adampeter said:
    People need to get over themselves
    If that means that people need to stop sticking up for what they believe then it's a pretty lazy thing to say.
    adampeter said:
    I agree with all that, and the worlds gone mad
    Because people want to see it become a fairer and nicer place?

Cruz got sacked for what he did because big statements like that need to be made right now; that people won't tolerate prejudice.

You can go around using the "snowflake" trump card as much as you want. The irony being that it's snowflake behaviour to be unable to deal with opposing opinions.
    No everyone should stick up for themselves, and i'm all for a fairer and nicer world
    It just strikes me as a little strange that people get so offended, 
    Of course Cruz was sacked because he overstepped a line with that picture (if indeed he sent it), if i can see humour in it is irreverent
    I suppose i shouldn't use the word snowflake as this is offensive to some
    Anyway i'm out of this hornets nest, before i get sacked myself  ;)
    x
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    dindude said:
    Only one thing is for sure, whenever someone starts a sentence with “world has gone mad” / “you couldn’t make it up” or some such opening gambit, the following diatribe is almost certainly some ill-informed nonsense worthy of little time.
    thanks, appreciated x
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    Just to be clear, are we basing this entire story on an image posted anonymously on The Fretboard?
    and the fact that he's been sacked, presumably? I dont think belittling this is an advisable route to tread. 
    Well, obviously, the guy's clearly done something, I'm just saying that taking an anonymously posted, grainy image as gospel that is now being quoted around the world is also shaky ground.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    adampeter said:
    adampeter said:
    If that means that people need to stop sticking up for what they believe then it's a pretty lazy thing to say.
    adampeter said:

Cruz got sacked for what he did because big statements like that need to be made right now; that people won't tolerate prejudice.

You can go around using the "snowflake" trump card as much as you want. The irony being that it's snowflake behaviour to be unable to deal with opposing opinions.
    No everyone should stick up for themselves, and i'm all for a fairer and nicer world
    Of course Cruz was sacked because he overstepped a line with that picture (if indeed he sent it), if i can see humour in it is irreverent
    Anyway i'm out of this hornets nest, before i get sacked myself 
    x
    Yes, everyone should stick up for themselves but back in the real world, not everyone CAN stick up for themselves.  Not everyone has a voice that people will listen to.  That is the whole problem here, the bigotry, the racism.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeter said:
    adampeter said:
    adampeter said:

Anyway i'm out of this hornets nest, before i get sacked myself  ;)
    x
    It's not about being offended, which is what we're all trying to say. It's about changing things for the better.

Thanks for being decent in your reply, it's appreciated :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    The fact that Fender have to be more careful than most about the reputation and image of their "Masterbuilders" highlights the fact that you're not just paying for a guitar. 

You mugs. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    You won't believe what that Abbey lady posted before they shuffled her out the door. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    You won't believe what that Abbey lady posted before they shuffled her out the door. 
    That's got to be a wind-up.
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    soma1975 said:

What was it? I didn't pick up on it.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    soma1975 said:

Whatever it was, we know she didn't put up much resistance when the suits made their decision.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:

Whatever it was, we know she didn't put up much resistance when the suits made their decision.
    Might it have had something to do with her tone?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3868
    p90fool said:
    The fact that Fender have to be more careful than most about the reputation and image of their "Masterbuilders" highlights the fact that you're not just paying for a guitar. 

I know what you're saying, but have you played a masterbuilt? Not saying they're worth £6k, but the two I've tried were noticeably better than regular custom shops I've played, which in turn were better than standard lines. Clever marketing though I'll admit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    soma1975 said:

I think 'humbucker' might now be cockney rhyming slang for what Fender are calling Mr Cruz....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    soma1975 said:
    That's got to be a wind-up.
    I'm actually annoyed by how much better your joke was. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Lebarque said:
    p90fool said:

I know what you're saying, but have you played a masterbuilt? Not saying they're worth £6k, but the two I've tried were noticeably better than regular custom shops I've played, which in turn were better than standard lines. Clever marketing though I'll admit.
    No, but I played real pre-CBS Fenders for many years so I'm not very interested in six grand reissues. 

I'm not sure how much "better" I want a Tele or Strat to be tbh, certainly not when the diminishing returns amount to a used Harley Davidson and/or a holiday.  
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    p90fool said:
    Lebarque said:
    p90fool said:

No, but I played real pre-CBS Fenders for many years so I'm not very interested in six grand reissues. 

I'm not sure how much "better" I want a Tele or Strat to be tbh, certainly not when the diminishing returns amount to a used Harley Davidson and/or a holiday.  
    Good point. The diminishing returns on £6k Masterbuilts can only be marginal at best.

Stick to those £20k pre-CBS ones  ;)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    p90fool said:
    Lebarque said:
    p90fool said:

Good point. The diminishing returns on £6k Masterbuilts can only be marginal at best.

Stick to those £20k pre-CBS ones  ;)
    You might see your £20k back, but not your full £6k...