FAIR WARNING: LOL/Wow/Wis changes

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    There were originally facepalms .. when they were switched off people used LOL's instead. I can't believe people get wound up by it ..

LOL wars .. bring it on .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Who cares? People get offended by everything these days. feel free to lol away, i for one won't be losing any sleep over it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Can anyone provide an example of someone whos been 'lol-stalked'? Seems a pretty pathetic thing for someone to do - I think the anonymity must play a big part of it surely, its a sort of childish no accountability bullying - if you have to show who you are it loses a lot of its potency one would have thought
    At least one member has spent a while in the cooler for lol stalking - the cooler spell came for lol’ing a series of posts by someone about the death of their father..
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16164
    Spice it up..........a shaking fist emoji would be more honest
    stop the confusion between scorn and genuine laughter
    ..........and possibly a few dust-ups ...........sorry,I meant meet -ups
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5297
    Dominic said:
    could end up with members meeting up for a scrap in service stations, LOL Hooligan Firm from the FB …..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can anyone provide an example of someone whos been 'lol-stalked'? Seems a pretty pathetic thing for someone to do - I think the anonymity must play a big part of it surely, its a sort of childish no accountability bullying - if you have to show who you are it loses a lot of its potency one would have thought
    At least one member has spent a while in the cooler for lol stalking - the cooler spell came for lol’ing a series of posts by someone about the death of their father..

Yeah well that's just plain wrong.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    I wish I had a lol stalker :(
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I would just like to make it clear to X (you know who you are, well you will soon! ) that those 1837 lols were entirely accidental. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2254
    I would like to ssy for the record that any high priced for sale ad that has a lol from me was accidental. I meant to hit the wisdom button.

Whilst were having fun can't we make the ignore lists visible on profiles. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6744
    I'm sorry but I haven't read the whole thread. Excuse my ignorance but what are they for anyway? Why not just have done with them? 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Why on earth is anybody getting upset about what button someone else clicks, it makes literally no difference to anybodys' life?  Don't even think about it when someone clicks an arbitrary button which has no meaning.   Lol it, Wis it, Wow it, or change the labels to A, B, C it makes zero difference. 

One man's Lol= haha what an idiot could easily mean Lol=haha yeah i'm with you buddy.
    This, we’re grown men - why do people get bent out of shape about these things, get a grip 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6744
    If you think someone is wise, tell them.
    If you think someone is funny, tell them.
    If you think something someone says or does is impressive in some way, tell them. 

Job done. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    dindude said:
    Why on earth is anybody getting upset about what button someone else clicks, it makes literally no difference to anybodys' life?  Don't even think about it when someone clicks an arbitrary button which has no meaning.   Lol it, Wis it, Wow it, or change the labels to A, B, C it makes zero difference. 

One man's Lol= haha what an idiot could easily mean Lol=haha yeah i'm with you buddy.
    This, we’re grown men - why do people get bent out of shape about these things, get a grip 
    If only everyone did just “get a grip”.

Thing is, there’s a lot of people that get bent out of shape by a lot of stuff, And every time they do, it causes the modmins work. It’s grown in the last 6-12 months as well. 

Simple fact is, we make changes now or the workload and hassle means it’s easier just to shut it down and walk away. It’s not just frets that are the issue - there’s an awful lot more noise and Modmin work now than there was when I started as a mod. 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    I think your impressively funny and wise @merlin ;
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16164
    mgaw said:
    Dominic said:
    could end up with members meeting up for a scrap in service stations, LOL Hooligan Firm from the FB …..
    That was the whole point of my suggestion.......rules of engagement and appointed seconds and maybe a judge to decide the winner on points or a knock-out .Let's see who's the Guv'nor Lenny McLean style .
  • It's all that wiresdreamsdisasters fault, bloody snowflake.  ;)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2363
    Take the whole damn reward thing away is my recommendation. Likes is one of the things that Makes Facebook and other forums intolerable.  Just leads to show offs bad behaviour and anxiety. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    Dominic said:

That was the whole point of my suggestion.......rules of engagement and appointed seconds and maybe a judge to decide the winner on points or a knock-out .Let's see who's the Guv'nor Lenny McLean style .
    60 seconds. On the cobbles. Anything goes except biting and bottles.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    mgaw said:
    Dominic said:

TFB's, answer to the ICF. The Incontinent Chord Fingerers.
    Call me Dave.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    edited July 2020
    That's been discussed to death in previous threads (when we've made changes), but in short...it massively reduces the number of value-less "+1" comments, and keeping a high valuable-content proportion is pretty much our only business. There's more to it, obviously, in things like viewing someone's profile will give you a good idea as to whether they're generally a comedian or someone informative (as well as how much the membership as a whole values their contributions), and it's actually a better measure than the simple post count that's present on most forums. 
    I think the WOWs are the trickiest ones in this regard; a large number of them either indicates someone with an impressive collection of tasteful and much sought after guitars OR someone with highly controversial and usually right-wing tendencies.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom