FAIR WARNING: LOL/Wow/Wis changes

What's Hot

Comments

• polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    I have no problem with making these public henceforth, but retroactively exposing ratings that were non-public when made is a bit troubling. It would be better to delete all of the previous ratings (or to scrap the system altogether) in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4654
    I'd hate to know how many accidental Lols I've given whilst swipping up and down on my phone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    polotska said:
    I have no problem with making these public henceforth, but retroactively exposing ratings that were non-public when made is a bit troubling. It would be better to delete all of the previous ratings (or to scrap the system altogether) in my opinion.
    If you think exposing existing reactions would cause uproar, you've seen nothing until you see what happens when everybody's fret scores from the last seven years are deleted :P
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    The greatest problem with all of this is personal interpretation as stated above:

lol: I actually laughed out loud and spat it out my nose
    lol: you are nuts
    lol: you are taking the piss
    wow: that’s beautiful
    wow: can’t believe that happened to you, it’s terrible
    wow: can’t believe you said that, loon
    wis: I agree 
    wis: well put and an interesting point 
    wis: i didn’t know that, thanks for educating me

Any and all of the above: fat thumbs.

Interpretation has made this problematic from the start, I think it’ll be even more so now that people can be both paranoid and accountable. Sorry guys but I’m not sure this is the wisest move.
    polotska said:
    Or, we could just be adult about it and accept that the modmins have to make some changes and move on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2699
    polotska said:
    If you think exposing existing reactions would cause uproar, you've seen nothing until you see what happens when everybody's fret scores from the last seven years are deleted :P
    People actually fret about their fret scores?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    polotska said:
    Very much so. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Judging by the comments so far, I’ve block booked 2 hours in my diary on tuesday entitled “Extensive updates to the Admin/Mod interventions thread”
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    polotska said:
    Very much so. 
    Can we score them on how much they do - a fret score fret score?
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5294
    mart said:
    polotska said:
    Very much so. 

great idea?
  • vizviz Frets: 10720
    edited July 2020
    I like the idea of bringing back facepalms - it takes the sarcasm out of wows and makes them more sincere. 

By the way everyone, all the LOLs I’ve given have been in genuine good faith because I thought the post was funny
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27676
    Judging by the comments so far, I’ve block booked 2 hours in my diary on tuesday entitled “Extensive updates to the Admin/Mod interventions thread”
    "If you're going to do a job, do it properly".

2hrs.

LOLz ...
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    mart said:
    polotska said:
    Very much so. 
    ...do you think we don't?
    <space for hire>
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31659
    I'm not sure scrolling back through our own posts to see who reacted to them and in what way is the action of a rational adult tbh. 

I certainly know I can't be arsed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Interesting. 

So you're saying I can now look back and see which of my "friends" *didn't* wiz/wow my hard work and extensive updating on my studio build thread? 

I'll find it a lot easier to narrow down the invite list for my first jam then! Bastards! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    TTony said:

2hrs.

LOLz ...
    D
    I have a short format template. No jokes (as I don't want to encourage any more Lol/Wiz than necessary)

"XXX is [in the cooler/banned/eradicated] due to whining about someone's [lol/wow/wiz] from [1/2/3/4/5/6/7] years ago. This is [disturbing/annoying/not surprising/irritating] because [he/she] is [free text entry]"

Got it on copy already....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interesting. 

So you're saying I can now look back and see which of my "friends" *didn't* wiz/wow my hard work and extensive updating on my studio build thread? 

I'll find it a lot easier to narrow down the invite list for my first jam then! Bastards! 
    You've got a thread going about that? I hadn't noticed...
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    TTony said:

2hrs.

LOLz ...
    D
    I have a short format template. No jokes (as I don't want to encourage any more Lol/Wiz than necessary)

"XXX is [in the cooler/banned/eradicated] due to whining about someone's [lol/wow/wiz] from [1/2/3/4/5/6/7] years ago. This is [disturbing/annoying/not surprising/irritating] because [he/she] is [free text entry]"

Got it on copy already....
    I was not aware that mods had that power, but why stop there? Go for "cast into the abyss / erased from history" because then your post renders the act of having to moderate it was never needed, and therefore you didn't spend any time doing it. /Meta

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Caution: I will laugh openly and loudly at anyone who is sad enough to check through their posts then PM me to ask why I reacted as I did...

=) 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom