FAIR WARNING: LOL/Wow/Wis changes

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    tony99 said:
    Good luck everyone!! Let battle commence.

YES!! I watched number 2 last night actually, classic.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4210
    I didn’t know it was a thing, I thought anybody could see if you liked ,lol etc
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4210
    Ps I clicked on this as I thought it was gonna be a van halen thread :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    How do you undo a LOL or Wiz when you’ve hit it by mistake - which I do from time to time.

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4584
    Zoolooter said:
    How do you undo a LOL or Wiz when you’ve hit it by mistake - which I do from time to time.

Refresh the page and click it again.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3750
    Zoolooter said:

As @boogieman said a few posts before refresh the page and hit LOL or Wiz again. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited July 2020
    Looking forward to finding out who's been lol'ing some of my classified posts 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    I haven't purposely lol'ed anyone as a means to cause offence, but I've certainly given lols in the past for what genuinely makes me laugh in the sense of "what an idiot this chap is" as well as actually being funny - it's unfortunate that they both count as the same result - and I'm totally certain the same has been done to me. I don't find it offensive except in a tiny number of cases (I can't remember exactly what just now) where it has seemed inappropriate - but I'm quite happy to have my political views laughed at if people want to.

I certainly won't be calling out anyone who gave me any or caring who did, or responding if anyone else does. I'd also be happy to bring the facepalms back - I had quite an impressive collection of those too, and I took them as part and parcel of the general banter...
    What this is all about really isn't people LOLLing because of disagreement. I think the mods and most of us have some tolerance for that - all is fair in love and forum wars, like.

But what it's about is having disagreements in the non-guitary discussions on the forum, and then going through your "opponents" posts in the non non-guitary sections and just spaffing them all with lols in order to intimidate them and/or make them feel unwelcome.

It's just not cool. It's not community orientated. It's not nice. It's on the same spectrum as feeling like you're well within your rights to call up Peach Guitars and give them abuse over the the phone, causing the shop to leave the forum for good.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7798
    Uh oh, I'll have to create one of those illegal sock puppet accounts now.... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to finding out who's been lol'ing some of my classified posts 
    I suggest the username ten88bass, or something along those lines ;)

Bye!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    I haven't purposely lol'ed anyone as a means to cause offence, but I've certainly given lols in the past for what genuinely makes me laugh in the sense of "what an idiot this chap is" as well as actually being funny - it's unfortunate that they both count as the same result - and I'm totally certain the same has been done to me. I don't find it offensive except in a tiny number of cases (I can't remember exactly what just now) where it has seemed inappropriate - but I'm quite happy to have my political views laughed at if people want to.

I certainly won't be calling out anyone who gave me any or caring who did, or responding if anyone else does. I'd also be happy to bring the facepalms back - I had quite an impressive collection of those too, and I took them as part and parcel of the general banter...
    What this is all about really isn't people LOLLing because of disagreement. I think the mods and most of us have some tolerance for that - all is fair in love and forum wars, like.

But what it's about is having disagreements in the non-guitary discussions on the forum, and then going through your "opponents" posts in the non non-guitary sections and just spaffing them all with lols in order to intimidate them and/or make them feel unwelcome.

It's just not cool. It's not community orientated. It's not nice. It's on the same spectrum as feeling like you're well within your rights to call up Peach Guitars and give them abuse over the the phone, causing the shop to leave the forum for good.
    Yes. Lol’ing a post in disagreement is just a fact of life. I’ve laughed at plenty of people’s opinions in real life. 

But continuing ban argument by spaffing lols on every single post they make has to stop. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    Mine was Drew_TNBD.   

But I've not been able to access that one for a while.
    :(

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    Mine was Drew_TNBD.   

You and Lee are good mates. I'm sure he'd give it you back again.

Bye!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TTony said:
    Mine was Drew_TNBD.   

On bored days I still go back and lol-spam that accounts posts.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can I lol a PM?
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    i think most of us have loled the PM Tony
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72606
    WiresDreamDisasters said:

Ah, I see - no, that's not something I would ever do. What happens in Politics stays in Politics... I'm happy to be entirely civil with anyone outside there, even if I think they're a complete swivel-eyed loon in it - I'm sure the feeling will be mutual . (And I don't mean you!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    Zoolooter said:

Refresh the page and click it again.
    Cheers 
    kin said:
    i think most of us have loled the PM Tony
    Wiz'd lol
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3270
    The greatest problem with all of this is personal interpretation as stated above:

lol: I actually laughed out loud and spat it out my nose
    lol: you are nuts
    lol: you are taking the piss
    wow: that’s beautiful
    wow: can’t believe that happened to you, it’s terrible
    wow: can’t believe you said that, loon
    wis: I agree 
    wis: well put and an interesting point 
    wis: i didn’t know that, thanks for educating me

Any and all of the above: fat thumbs.

Interpretation has made this problematic from the start, I think it’ll be even more so now that people can be both paranoid and accountable. Sorry guys but I’m not sure this is the wisest move.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom