FAIR WARNING: LOL/Wow/Wis changes

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    dindude said:
    Why on earth is anybody getting upset about what button someone else clicks, it makes literally no difference to anybodys' life?  Don't even think about it when someone clicks an arbitrary button which has no meaning.   Lol it, Wis it, Wow it, or change the labels to A, B, C it makes zero difference. 

One man's Lol= haha what an idiot could easily mean Lol=haha yeah i'm with you buddy.
    This, we’re grown men - why do people get bent out of shape about these things, get a grip 
    Lolling a member’s serious post, for example, could be viewed as a FTA (Face Threatening Act. See Goffman). Doing so could potentially damage the OP’s positive self-worth and also the member who issued the lol. 

Lol :)  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's all that wiresdreamsdisasters fault, bloody snowflake.  ;)
    I'm pretty sure the "LOLstalking posts about a dead father" refers to my posts about my father. But yeah okay, snowflake. Sure.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26772
    dindude said:
    Why on earth is anybody getting upset about what button someone else clicks, it makes literally no difference to anybodys' life?  Don't even think about it when someone clicks an arbitrary button which has no meaning.   Lol it, Wis it, Wow it, or change the labels to A, B, C it makes zero difference. 

One man's Lol= haha what an idiot could easily mean Lol=haha yeah i'm with you buddy.
    This, we’re grown men - why do people get bent out of shape about these things, get a grip 
    Why didn't I think of that? We could've probably solved all of our moderation problems in one go.

Oh, for a sarcasm reaction :D :D :D
    <space for hire>
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11934
    I always take the line that if you can’t say it to your mum, don’t say it on the internet.

i do recall I got a LOT of LOL in all the posts about wearing masks about Covid...lol 

I always did think this passive aggressive laugh behind someone’s back is very cowardly, if they disagree they should just say it.  So I am all for this.

or remove it completely, if people want to LOL at it they can quote and then Type LOL.
  • It's all that wiresdreamsdisasters fault, bloody snowflake.  ;)
    I'm pretty sure the "LOLstalking posts about a dead father" refers to my posts about my father. But yeah okay, snowflake. Sure.

Why don't you look before you leap? I have already called that out as just plain wrong.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    I always take the line that if you can’t say it to your mum, don’t say it on the internet.

i do recall I got a LOT of LOL in all the posts about wearing masks about Covid...lol 

I always did think this passive aggressive laugh behind someone’s back is very cowardly, if they disagree they should just say it.  So I am all for this.

or remove it completely, if people want to LOL at it they can quote and then Type LOL.
    I remember you speaking a lot of cold hard truths in that thread Raymond, I was surprised by the reactions you got.

I probably lolled the shit out of you in the Nicholas Lyndhurst thread that time though.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's all that wiresdreamsdisasters fault, bloody snowflake. 

Why don't you look before you leap? I have already called that out as just plain wrong.
    That's precisely my point mate. Give it some thought. ;)

Bye!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    merlin said:
    If you think someone is wise, tell them.
    If you think someone is funny, tell them.
    If you think something someone says or does is impressive in some way, tell them. 

Job done. 

Just for an example I recently posted something in Friday Humour and last time I looked it had 7 LOLs.  I'm not desperate for the acknowledgement but it's an indication a few people enjoyed it and so I could post something again similar and that's a happy little circle. Without the LOL button that's either 7 posts saying LOL ( or similar ) which makes the Discussions very long and cluttered or there are no responses so as far as I know I'm just talking to myself and wouldn't bother again. If we all don't bother again the forum slowly dies, if we do posts just containing just LOL,Wis or Wow,etc, the forum becomes a mess and slowly dies. Used properly the Fret system helps make this a better place at least to some extent, it's a shame people have found a way to abuse it. 
    I think every time this subject has come up I've asked to see the names, that's common practice in every other form of social media I've ever used. The few people who want to use that change to start an argument can do so, the rest of us will just get on with it. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    I haven't purposely lol'ed anyone as a means to cause offence, but I've certainly given lols in the past for what genuinely makes me laugh in the sense of "what an idiot this chap is" as well as actually being funny - it's unfortunate that they both count as the same result - and I'm totally certain the same has been done to me. I don't find it offensive except in a tiny number of cases (I can't remember exactly what just now) where it has seemed inappropriate - but I'm quite happy to have my political views laughed at if people want to.

I certainly won't be calling out anyone who gave me any or caring who did, or responding if anyone else does. I'd also be happy to bring the facepalms back - I had quite an impressive collection of those too, and I took them as part and parcel of the general banter...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27248
    I just want to know who lols when I post a pink paisley Tele... :angry: 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Everyone
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    poopot said:
    Everyone
    The only acceptable telecaster imo

This is going to be interesting. I wonder who's been lolling the posh gibbos in the classifieds. They always sell so it's not money burned
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Can anyone provide an example of someone whos been 'lol-stalked'? Seems a pretty pathetic thing for someone to do - I think the anonymity must play a big part of it surely, its a sort of childish no accountability bullying - if you have to show who you are it loses a lot of its potency one would have thought
    At least one member has spent a while in the cooler for lol stalking - the cooler spell came for lol’ing a series of posts by someone about the death of their father..

Yeah well that's just plain wrong.
    Lower than a snakes belly. Coolering is too good for cunts like that. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I’m glad there’s a number of you excited by the prospect of who has lol’d your posts in the past, but just to reiterate what @digitalscream said in the OP - deal with it like an adult. PM the member if you really have to, otherwise do nothing. Any public mention of it will result in a coolering. 

Again, fair warning and all that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7238
    I’m not a phantom Loller by any means but I’ve lolled a couple of post in my time. I lolled them because I didn’t agree with them or they annoyed me but I could not be arsed to get involved in a huge tit for tat argument with someone who probably would enjoy that sort of thing.

I avoid doing it now and instead if I see a post that grinds my gears I’ll go and look at another thread instead - job done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    Iamnobody said:
    Now worries here - I don’t lol stalk anyone.

However I have clumsily hit the reactions when scrolling through posts before usually wows (I only use my phone and it’s easy to do) and I’m sure it’ll happen again. 

The system will highlight these accidents and possibly bring about unnecessary enquiries from people who are extra sensitive. 
    You can undo accidental reactions, assuming you actually notice them of course. Just refresh the page and click the same button again and it disappears. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    Good luck everyone!! Let battle commence.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9889
    I'd love to know who awards me the frankly astonishing number of Wisdom frets as I can add them to my "nice but slightly unhinged" list
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26772
    tony99 said:
    Good luck everyone!! Let battle commence.

<space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    If anyone has an issue with my LOLs I’d be more that happy to meet up by the docks for a dust up.

Do you know who I am snowflakes?