CONGRATULATIONS! BCD is now gone.

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    I know I'm not exactly Mr Popular with the mods (and probably half the forum) now, but...  I don't see what the problem is with having a BCD section that is unmoderated.

It's not visible to anyone but registered members, who have the option to hide the section anyway if they so wish.

Why can't there be an unmoderated, members-only section?

No moderation at all - and the only flags that the mods would pay any attention to would be for posts that could be legally dubious.

I really don't see what the problem is.  We have our own Mos Eisley and what happens there, stays in there.

You can't flag posts unless they put the forum at risk and you accept that as a condition of entry.

Why can't we have that?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Emp_Fab said:
    ...  I don't see what the problem is with having a BCD section that is unmoderated ....
    Well for a start it breeds behaviours which then spill over into other areas of the forum. You might remember the time that Capo4th tried to sell a guitar and people he’d been sparring with in BCD piled over into Guitar£ and pissed on his thread.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Emp_Fab said:
    I know I'm not exactly Mr Popular with the mods (and probably half the forum) now, but...  I don't see what the problem is with having a BCD section that is unmoderated.

It's not visible to anyone but registered members, who have the option to hide the section anyway if they so wish.

No moderation at all - and the only flags that the mods would pay any attention to would be for posts that could be legally dubious.

I really don't see what the problem is.  We have our own Mos Eisley and what happens there, stays in there.

You can't flag posts unless they put the forum at risk and you accept that as a condition of entry.

Why can't we have that?
    No.

You’ve already placed a line on it. “Posts that could be legally dubious”

Someone has to decide what that is - and none of the mods are lawyers. It’ll be the same old story - “that’s legally dubious”, “no it isn’t - it’s freedom of speech”

What’s the line cover? Harassment? Bullying? Asking where to get drugs? Libel or copyright infringement?

Ultimately people will just end up trying to push the line and test the mods. So...

Nope.
  • So, do people genuinely get upset by stuff on the internet that they’re in no way obliged to read? 

Weird. 
    They do - and obsessively complain to the mods and demand action. 

Of course, most of the time we are

Smelling my cheese? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, and just to reiterate - this is a guitar forum..

The precious resources we have should prioritise those sections, not get wasted on policing drunken arguments about stuff which is nothing to do with guitars. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803

The precious resources we have should prioritise those sections, not get wasted on policing drunken arguments about stuff which is nothing to do with guitars. 
    Aren’t you a bass player? :)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

“Bass Guitar”

Or perhaps we should discriminate against people who only play Strats or Les Pauls, or those who insist on using Orange Amps? 
    So, do people genuinely get upset by stuff on the internet that they’re in no way obliged to read? 

Weird. 
    They do - and obsessively complain to the mods and demand action. 

Of course, most of the time we are

Smelling my cheese? 
    That’s the “whatever” moment...
  • Oh, and just to reiterate - this is a guitar forum..

“Bass Guitar”

Or perhaps we should discriminate against people who only play Strats or Les Pauls, or those who insist on using Orange Amps? 
    Ban all of the tele and bigsby owners, and I reckon you'd see a forum full of Fonzi.

Bye!

“Bass Guitar”

Ban all of the tele and bigsby owners, and I reckon you'd see a forum full of Fonzi.
    If I had my way I’d ban anyone that insisted on playing a Ric Bass..

Sadly the membership would get quickly pissed off when their amp questions didn’t get answered ;)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a fan of Rics myself. Just don't like the look of them.

YAY! I'M SAFE!

Bye!

Not a fan of Rics myself. Just don't like the look of them.

YAY! I'M SAFE!
    Oh come on, you’re never safe...
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Roland said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    ...  I don't see what the problem is with having a BCD section that is unmoderated ....
    Well for a start it breeds behaviours which then spill over into other areas of the forum. You might remember the time that Capo4th tried to sell a guitar and people he’d been sparring with in BCD piled over into Guitar£ and pissed on his thread.
    yeah but he wanted something like eight grand and wouldn't even post any piccies of it, he deserved a good flaming
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    Roland said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    yeah but he wanted something like eight grand and wouldn't even post any piccies of it, he deserved a good flaming
    Deserved or not, it’s against the rules. End of.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    tony99 said:
    Roland said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I wonder if he ever sold it
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    Roland said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I wonder if he ever sold it
    There’s a lot of stuff in the classifieds that doesn’t get sold. 
  • Emp_Fab said:

Why can't we have that?
    No.

You’ve already placed a line on it. “Posts that could be legally dubious”

Someone has to decide what that is - and none of the mods are lawyers. It’ll be the same old story - “that’s legally dubious”, “no it isn’t - it’s freedom of speech”

What’s the line cover? Harassment? Bullying? Asking where to get drugs? Libel or copyright infringement?

Ultimately people will just end up trying to push the line and test the mods. So...

Nope.
    Surely people who push the line to test the madmins are breaking rule number one and should face a banishment, temporary or otherwise?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Clearly the argument about behaviour from bcd spilling into the main forum is invalid as it would have caused a major issue before now.  I fear that, as has already been mentioned, shutting down bcd is just going to move the conversations into off-topic, presenting the mods with an even bigger headache.  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Clearly the argument about behaviour from bcd spilling into the main forum is invalid as it would have caused a major issue before now.  I fear that, as has already been mentioned, shutting down bcd is just going to move the conversations into off-topic, presenting the mods with an even bigger headache.  
    @Roland , do you ever feel that people can not understand what you have written?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Jimbro66 said:
    Fully understand and support the mods decision on BCD.

The only thing I will say is some of the best rants ever were in the ‘Shit That Boils Your Piss’ section, and I’m saddened to think that not only my own efforts, but also those of some of what I consider to be the finest whingers and moaners on the planet will no longer be available for all to enjoy.

I’m not sure that was ever achieved. I saw the posts in that thread, including my own occasional whinges, as Old Man Shouts At Clouds. I can’t imagine anyone else found them enjoyable. No, we’ll just have to go back to whingeing to the missus -  who also takes no notice at all. 
    It’s clear I’m not alone due to the popularity of STBYP thread, due to the number of posts in it. I’m not on a one-man mission to reinstate it, but it did provide a relief valve, even if it was shouting at clouds, and a good few laughs with some high quality, and damned intelligent rants from time to time.

Arguably, one of the finest threads courtesy of @Emp_Fab and if STBYP were a physical object, it would be a statue somewhere in South Wales.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom