CONGRATULATIONS! BCD is now gone.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1021
    "FLAG: Anal Sex" and "FLAG: Felching".
    I'd just like to point out that a flag is not an appropriate tool for either of those activities.
    I think you should quit while your ahead! or giving head. 
    “Ken sent me.”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    And, might I add, spare a thought for the modmins who have to explain to their wives why they're getting a barrage of notification emails with subjects like, "FLAG: Anal Sex" and "FLAG: Felching".
    Not to mention the notifications for PMs demanding that I take a specific set of actions about a member/post/thread at 2 in the morning and then another at 8am when nothing has happened - or their specific demand hasn’t been met. 

Lee is spot on - over the last 3 or 4 months there has been a massive increase in members demanding that actions be taken and getting very upset when it isn’t - the irony being that half of them are “how dare you allow this content to stand - you are racist/sexist/fascist/communist” and the other half being “how dare you consider deleting this content - it’s an attack on my human rights/freedom of speech”

It has all become somewhat depressing. 
    Is this because people are locked in and have nothing else to occupy their time?

Will things calm down when life gets back normal?

We still don't need some of the threads that were in BCD though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26617
    Roland said:
    [Quoting an ex-forumite.] “I’m an important member of this forum.”
    Is anyone really an important member?
    That's up for debate, I guess, but I think we can safely say that should such a group exist, it definitely wouldn't include anybody who would profess to being so.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020
    Roland said:
    [Quoting an ex-forumite.] “I’m an important member of this forum.”
    Is anyone really an important member?
    That's up for debate, I guess, but I think we can safely say that should such a group exist, it definitely wouldn't include anybody who would profess to being so.
    Lee, shouldn't you be working and not on here trying to justify why you deleted  BCD?

If members don't like it they can go elsewhere, or create their own forum. 

“Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In Emp's defence, I very nearly posted a thread about pegging as a joke, probably similar to what he posted (I'm not sure as I didn't see his thread) so it could've easily been me that pushed @digitalscream too far. 
    Not sure why I didn't in the end, probably had to cook dinner or put the kids to bed.

I have posted antagonistic/protest threads in the past which I've since regretted - probably whilst isolated on a lighthouse and under the influence but that's no excuse. For my part, I'm sorry for any ball aches I've caused the admins/mods. 

It's a shame it's come to this but I fully support the decision - now let's all chill the fuck out. Happy Friday bitches. xx
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    crunchman said:
    And, might I add, spare a thought for the modmins who have to explain to their wives why they're getting a barrage of notification emails with subjects like, "FLAG: Anal Sex" and "FLAG: Felching".
    Not to mention the notifications for PMs demanding that I take a specific set of actions about a member/post/thread at 2 in the morning and then another at 8am when nothing has happened - or their specific demand hasn’t been met. 

Lee is spot on - over the last 3 or 4 months there has been a massive increase in members demanding that actions be taken and getting very upset when it isn’t - the irony being that half of them are “how dare you allow this content to stand - you are racist/sexist/fascist/communist” and the other half being “how dare you consider deleting this content - it’s an attack on my human rights/freedom of speech”

It has all become somewhat depressing. 
    Is this because people are locked in and have nothing else to occupy their time?

Will things calm down when life gets back normal?

Maybe. I’m not sure it’s entirely due to that though. There has been a distinct increase in the volume of outrage when someone holds a different, and slightly more unpopular view.. but moreover a much higher level of disgust at the modmins if we don’t do precisely what some people demand. They are offended if we deign to make our own judgement on something and don’t implicitly follow their instructions.

BCD was a prime example of that. Though so is P&E and Coronavirus, so if the current petulant child behaviour continues don’t be surprised if they disappear too. 

Perhaps we are too tolerant. Perhaps we should have a spate of banhammer action and ban people who waste too much of our time - after all, if our time is wasted then we have less time to offer the rest of the wider membership, so everyone suffers through their selfishness - and it would probably be better for the rest if we did nip it in the bud. 

No doubt we would be accused of inconsistent moderating and getting rid of people just because we disagreed, or something else.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2180
    edited August 2020
    What's BCD? Feel like I've missed out. 
    Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Behind closed doors... A secret part of the forum
    “Ken sent me.”
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2180
    Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Guess I wasn't invited :( 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Barnezy said:
    Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Guess I wasn't invited :( 
    You have to knock three times and tell them Larry sent you.

You ain't seen me.... Right. 
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited August 2020
    Barnezy said:
    Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Guess I wasn't invited  
    You were - you just didn't notice it. It only appeared in the [edit for accuracy] Chat subsection of the menu when you signed in, so if you've never ventured that far down, you've simply missed it.

Shame it's gone, I posted a few of the 'cry for help' threads in there, but I fully understand why the mods have done what they've done. Sad, but that's the way the cookie etc.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • @DefaultM - I appear to have kept mine.
    @guitartango - no, but you do get badges when you hit 100, 500, 1000 etc in each category.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    @DefaultM - I appear to have kept mine.
    @guitartango - no, but you do get badges when you hit 100, 500, 1000 etc in each category.
    Do you mean like a Blue Peter badge? Always wanted to meet John Knoakes
    “Ken sent me.”
  • :) Click on your name on the top left of the forum and you'll see what I mean.
  • "FLAG: Anal Sex" and "FLAG: Felching".
    I'd just like to point out that a flag is not an appropriate tool for either of those activities.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Sort of like the dark web
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Scrotal Moulting. Who’s Your MILF?

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2906

Barnezy said:
    What's BCD?
    Sort of like the dark web
    only more scary. 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Can’t help think this is like closing the prisons and expecting all people to suddenly behave in a responsible manner.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    edited August 2020
    merlin said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Devil#20 said:
    Excuse my ignorance but what did BCD stand for. 
    Brexit, Chicks & Dicks
    Bums, Cocks, Dildos 
    Boomers Creating Discord 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom