Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059
    My order was with Game, no show today by looks of it I must be one of the lucky ones to get late delivery  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Don’t worry. You’ll get it soon!
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059
    Don’t worry. You’ll get it soon!
    Tomorrow according to tracking  :) 
  • Loving Ghost of Tsuhima after about 90 minutes, and it hasn't even had a PS5 upgrade. 

I've also just woken up to see a bunch of stuffs now on sale in the PSN store - Doom Eternal, TLOU2,, Tsushima (boo..), GT Sport, Star Wars Squadrons all a good bit off, and tonnes of others too. Glad I only bought GOT last night!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    edited November 2020
    Loving Ghost of Tsuhima after about 90 minutes, and it hasn't even had a PS5 upgrade. 

I've also just woken up to see a bunch of stuffs now on sale in the PSN store - Doom Eternal, TLOU2,, Tsushima (boo..), GT Sport, Star Wars Squadrons all a good bit off, and tonnes of others too. Glad I only bought GOT last night!
    Stupid question - but where are you seeing the discounts? I don’t have an option to see games on sale etc. in the store on my PS5. 

Also - Cold War with the haptic triggers is amazing!!

Feel free to add me - FarleyUK
  • FarleyUK said:
    Loving Ghost of Tsuhima after about 90 minutes, and it hasn't even had a PS5 upgrade. 

Stupid question - but where are you seeing the discounts? I don’t have an option to see games on sale etc. in the store on my PS5. 

Also - Cold War with the haptic triggers is amazing!!

Feel free to add me - FarleyUK
    I don't think there's any official sale page that I could see, but I'd already put a bunch on my wishlist yesterday while setting it up and checked this morning and most were cheaper.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    There is a Black Friday link on the PSN store - I just picked up the Last of Us Part II for 40% off and extended my PSN by 12 months for 25% off. 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    Although I only have a lowly PS4 because I'm rubbish and didn't manage to pre-order or get one yesterday.  Tell you what though, I only just thought about how long I have had this PS4 - since launch.  I don't think I ever had a console last that long without any issues.  I seem to remember going through about 3 PS3s. The big one and a couple of slim ones. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7375
    When I get a ps5 will all my ps store ps4 purchases just be waiting for me to download and play?
    So all the ps plus games etc?
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1110
    edited November 2020
    DefaultM said:
    When I get a ps5 will all my ps store ps4 purchases just be waiting for me to download and play?
    So all the ps plus games etc?

Yes so long it's in your library you can download them.
    Similarly, you can start adding PS5 titles now eg Bugsnax, from ps plus before you get your PS5

edit: btw the free ps plus collection you get access to from PS5 has lots of top tier games including God Of War. I have the GoW disc PS4 version and migrated it over along with the saves. I deleted the disc version and downloaded the digital version from the collection instead and the saved game was compatible (not always the case) so I can get rid of the disc now
  • @defaultm yep it’s super easy. And if you have your PS4 and PS5 on the same WiFi network, plus the PS App on your phone, then the entire account login & save transfer setup is virtually automatic 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7375
    Nice. I didn't even realise they were coming out yet, so am I looking at after Christmas now if I want one?
    DefaultM said:
    Nice. I didn't even realise they were coming out yet, so am I looking at after Christmas now if I want one?
    Well shops seem to be getting them randomly so if you’re lucky and use a stock tracking website, or if you’re on a mailing list and you act quick enough you may be able to get one but the chances are that realistically yea, it’ll be after Xmas.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I seem to have fallen into the trap of "needing" a new telly to make the best of them.
    That said the TV concerned must be going on for 8 years old.
    It's a Samsung though and there is nothing wrong with the picture.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27253
    edited November 2020
    I've found one thing I don't like - there's no proper media player, so I can't stream files from my Mac via DLNA, and it'll play files from USB through the media player app but it's not really built for it so outputs everything in 16:9 even if the original file isn't.

I'm sure they'll release a more comprehensive media app soon but it's annoying as it means I'll have to keep the PS4 for a bit longer. Bah!
    ennspek said:
    I seem to have fallen into the trap of "needing" a new telly to make the best of them.
    Is it 4K?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Really not a fan of the layout on the home screens - think I’ve been spoilt by the Xbox’s ability to pin, create groups etc. In fact, I remember the PS4 had that ability....

Also, the hassle of ensuring you download the ‘correct’ version of a game; why couldn’t they have used something like Microsoft’s smart delivery system?

But still - that controller..... AMAZING.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    I've found one thing I don't like - there's no proper media player, so I can't stream files from my Mac via DLNA, and it'll play files from USB through the media player app but it's not really built for it so outputs everything in 16:9 even if the original file isn't.

I'm sure they'll release a more comprehensive media app soon but it's annoying as it means I'll have to keep the PS4 for a bit longer. Bah!
    I never sell them. My PS4 is currently in the lounge and my PS3 is in my bedroom for older games and as a disc player.

When I eventually find a PS5 the 4 will go into the bedroom and the kids will get the 3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've found one thing I don't like - there's no proper media player, so I can't stream files from my Mac via DLNA, and it'll play files from USB through the media player app but it's not really built for it so outputs everything in 16:9 even if the original file isn't.

I never sell them. My PS4 is currently in the lounge and my PS3 is in my bedroom for older games and as a disc player.

When I eventually find a PS5 the 4 will go into the bedroom and the kids will get the 3.
    We only have 1x TV, so ideally I just want one Sony box that does everything, plus Nintendo for Nintendo stuff. It's not the end of the word, just irritating.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ennspek said:
    Is it 4K?
    No