Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm meant to have a Series S turning up today but Amazon aren't even showing it as dispatched yet so I don't have much faith.

Anyone else ordered an X or S through Amazon?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbit said:
    I'm meant to have a Series S turning up today but Amazon aren't even showing it as dispatched yet so I don't have much faith.

Just had an email off Amazon saying that it's been delayed but should be out for delivery tomorrow.

Looks as though they've taken a lot more pre-orders than they can actually supply.  There are reports of Series X pre-orders being delayed up to 31st December.  

I'm not particularly bothered if mine is delayed slightly as I'll still mainly be gaming on PC but I can imagine there'll be a lot of pissed off customers if they have to wait until after xmas to receive their console.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    RedRabbit said:
    I'm meant to have a Series S turning up today but Amazon aren't even showing it as dispatched yet so I don't have much faith.

Yep - both my X and my nephew's S turned up a couple of hours ago from Amazon.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    I’ve started a new Xbox thread if anyone wants to add to it  :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Got my PS5 confirmation yesterday and Assassins Creed: Valhalla turned up yesterday. So I've also got the games to stare at!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I stayed up late when Amazon announced there would be a 'new batch of pre-orders' for PS5.

I got bored; I ended up setting an alarm every hour and eventually around 5.30AM they came up on Amazon. It was difficult to get through the order screen but luckily I managed to get the full fat PS5.

I don't actually know many people who have one coming....so I am definitely lucky.
    The controller looks amazing. The haptic feedback etc. Very cool!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    £70 a game though....
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    I’ll be getting a PS5 when it’s finally available, with Project Cars 3 on the horizon it’s going to be fun :)
    The controller looks amazing. The haptic feedback etc. Very cool!
    Yeah, everyone who has tested it has been raving about it. Shame MS didn't have anything similar!
  • ennspek said:
    £70 a game though....
    They've done that at the beginning of the last couple of generations. Everything will be back to 55-ish after 6 months or so. And in the meantime I suspect most people have a bunch fo PS4 stuff they won't have played either, and a lot of that is getting patches for increased framerates, haptic feedback, etc
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    ennspek said:
    £70 a game though....
    They've done that at the beginning of the last couple of generations. Everything will be back to 55-ish after 6 months or so. And in the meantime I suspect most people have a bunch fo PS4 stuff they won't have played either, and a lot of that is getting patches for increased framerates, haptic feedback, etc
    Plus, Call of Duty is always a lot more expensive than other games.

Here's a hint - you can often purchase game codes to redeem in the online store. i did that quite a lot on the One X and PS4. Well worth checking around.

Or - you can purchase discounted PSN store credit, and use that. Helps to make online store purchases a bit more palatable...!
    Today’s the day! Mines set to be delivered between 08:30 and 09:30. Two days off work, my sons in childcare both days, then the weekend... let’s gooooo!
  • I have to collect mine from the store after 3pm. Thankfully the store is a 2-min walk from my office :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059
    edited November 2020
    Mine will sit in it's packaging till god knows when I get a chance to set it up   :s
    I’m setting up as we speak! It’s big...
    The controller is INSANE. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11940
    I’m setting up as we speak! It’s big...
    The controller is INSANE. 
    So it's big and it vibrates.  Hope you used lube.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I am jealous.
    All the poor normal people trying to buy a kettle from John Lewis today must be confused!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    Failed.

I got a PS5 into my basket on the John Lewis site 3 times and each time it kicked me out at the checkout stage.

I gather that today's allocation has now sold out everywhere. Never mind. Apparently there will be one more allocation before xmas. I'll just have to wait.