Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11942
    I have now watched half a dozen reviews on YouTube, plus the summary one on IGN where they summerised a lot of reviews.  From what I can see, the majority of the negatives are about the glitches and graphical bugs in the PC build.  

It is important to note that they didn't experience any game breaking bugs.  That they didn't test a console build and that Day 1 Patch is still to come.  There is a chance that none of us will experience the same glitches the reviewers did or at least to the same degree.  Overall, the game should get smoother as time goes on.

Apart from that, they all credit it for it's in depth options, the sheer amount of choices you can take.  They did mention the actual core story is only 20hrs long but if you want to do everything, it is a 175hr game if you want to 100% it.

A part of me want to wait until I have my hands on a PS5 to get the best experience from it, the bugs should be ironed out then and better graphical fidelity than my PS4.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m struggling to get hyped about C2022 tbh. It’s really shiny, but I couldn’t get into Witcher 3 either. I will try it when it’s dropped from full price
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    I've just been playing it for a bit on the Series X. You're able to change the Xbox location to New Zealand, reboot, and then start the game.

It's pretty decent so far - looks fantastic as well!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Yes Cyberpunk. I had the page open for a while so I didn’t realise someone replied in between. 

Currently wait for hours of bloody updates to finish. Shit... updates are bloody lame. What happened to releasing a finished product. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

FarleyUK said:
    I've just been playing it for a bit on the Series X. You're able to change the Xbox location to New Zealand, reboot, and then start the game.

It's pretty decent so far - looks fantastic as well!
    Lol sneaky. 
    Yes Cyberpunk. I had the page open for a while so I didn’t realise someone replied in between. 

Currently wait for hours of bloody updates to finish. Shit... updates are bloody lame. What happened to releasing a finished product. 
    It’s seriously buggy. Like, really REALLY buggy. If they’ve had several years to do it, and this is the end result... I’d hate to see what they had for the original launch date. 
    I’m playing it on base PS4, seen a graphical bug where a NPC is taking a drink, if you approach him abs talk, the drink falls out of his hands into the ground and he talks and then it magically flies back up from the ground into his hand when he goes back to what he is doing.  It’s kinda weird.

also crashed on me totally and threw me into the PlayStation screen.  But that’s thing I’ve seen so far, not very far in, only done the tutorial and the first mission with Jackie.  Now back in the apartment. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I've given up on it until it's properly patched. Low res fuzzy and random bugs 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Sounds like you’re all talking about a fallout game!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I’m playing it on base PS4, seen a graphical bug where a NPC is taking a drink, if you approach him abs talk, the drink falls out of his hands into the ground and he talks and then it magically flies back up from the ground into his hand when he goes back to what he is doing.  It’s kinda weird.

also crashed on me totally and threw me into the PlayStation screen.  But that’s thing I’ve seen so far, not very far in, only done the tutorial and the first mission with Jackie.  Now back in the apartment. 
    I'm a little further than you and I encountered some hard crashes too and found combat pretty disorientating because it was blurry and kind of out of focus and if you encounter this issue turn off motion blur, film grain and chromatic aberration and I found it was much more playable.  

But a lot of people are saying that they're encountering a lot of problem on PS4/Xbox One's.  Apart from the silly bugs and glitches I'm really enjoying the game, I love the world and the characters!
  • Hmm, well this is disconcerting. I think my wife’s got me it for xmas and I’m now tempted to ask her to send it back if so and swap it for Spidey 2 instead, at least until they fix the issues! I’ll be running it on PS4 Pro until at least next summer when I hope to upgrade to the PS5
    Haven’t seen a huge amount of bugs but I’m not finding it hugely intuitive. Maybe it is a bug but I’m trying to find my apartment and just cannot find it anywhere. 

The graphics in relation to the buildings aren’t as good as I thought they’d be. And the pixelated vending machines are a bit poor. 

The game does this thing with the NPCs where if there’s a gun battle they all sit crouched and rock in unison. It’s an old thing we used to see in games that developers have moved on from because it looks so silly. Just have them run away. 

Kind of poor finesse in this regard. 
    Well that was a weird bug. Ran up to some crime bosses car and all the tyres deflated. 
    Played probably 5 more hrs on CP2077 now and no crashes and actually looks quite good.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1110
    The dick glitch amuses me (put the mouse back in the house)...

The Digital Foundry guys analysed the frame rate for PS4 and PS4 Pro....

I'll be picking up the PS5 version when it gets released, hopefully a lot of the bugs/glitches will be resolved by then

I’m getting quite a few bugs now. One where I couldn’t disconnect from a hack. My car was under the concrete, and now my car is stuck on some rubbish bags. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Patched to v1.4 and it has improved I think.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7376
    Reminding me of that Tony hawks game for ps4 years ago. Everyone said it was buggy and unplayable, but I got it and was enjoying it. Then I came off a ramp and landed waist high in the ground. Like they'd set him in cement and built a park around him haha.
    edited December 2020
    I have played a few more hours today, now the map is totally open to me and I think the biggest drawback playing it on a PS4 isn’t the graphic, I can look pass the graphic but it is the delay in a command.  Say I press the radio station button to change, there is a delay of a second to sometimes like 10 seconds.  This can be everything from answering the phone when it rings, or swapping items in the inventory isn’t instant and it’s also why all the pop ins happens, the system is like loading.  I find the delay has a bigger impact in the enjoyment and experience than the graphical side of things.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’m finding there’s something ‘off’ about Cyberpunk; it doesn’t play in a fluid manner. You have to keep scanning the area every 5 seconds (at least) to find things to grab, and it’s really difficult trying to see cameras, interfaces etc. when you scan.

I’m enjoying it, but it could have been made a lot less ‘stop-start’.