Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10286
    edited December 2020
    I’m not finding that to be an issue for me. The characters and dialogue is excellent, but right now the scope of the game is somewhat lacking when you compare it to GTAV which is like 10 years old or something. The braindance stuff is good but the actually mission stuff of go here, get that is a bit dated. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1110
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11944
    They need to fix the map to navigate when you are driving, right now it is way too zoom in.  I don't get enough time to see when the next turnings are until it is right on top of it and I have over shot almost every junction or crashed into a T-junction almost every time.
    Ubisoft are starting their xmas giveaways.

some Assassins Creed Valhalla rewards up for grabs today - they get added to your Ubisoft account so you can still grab them even if you don't have the game (yet).

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10286
    Okay I've done about 20 hours of this game now.

Very buggy - We know this.
    Dialogue, characters, very good, but really quite dialogue heavy. It's a bit dull at the same time.
    The city - aesthetically excellent but very empty, with nothing to do aside from drive around and do meaningless missions.
    As you move into Act 2 there is literally zero point in doing any side missions. What motivation does the character have? What's the point?

You're able to return it, and I think that I will. The bugs are constant and the game isn't what was sold to us.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059
    Anyone having trouble charging their controller? I charged mine up once just before Xmas and since it ran down I have not been able to charge it again just keeps saying disconnected. Seen a few issues reported about using specific ports etc but having tried all the fixes mine still wont charge. I then bought the official docking station, plugged into mains and sat it on that but still nothing. Assuming the controller is faulty but having reported this via Game website over a week ago I have had nothing back and there are no contact numbers to speak with anyone. Obviously shops are closed so can't go in store either. Currently unable to use the PS5 I forked out £450 for as a result  :s
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Just hijacking this thread to say - if anyone is looking to offload their PS4 on the cheap now they have a shiny PS5, please let me know. I'm currently borrowing one from my cousin and desperately trying to complete the last of us (before starting last of us 2), but I fear they'll need it back before I get a chance to complete the last of us 2 :( 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24665
    When I finally get one, when somewhere has stock I'll be keeping the 4.
    I need a BD player for the bedroom!
    CMW335 said:
    Anyone having trouble charging their controller? I charged mine up once just before Xmas and since it ran down I have not been able to charge it again just keeps saying disconnected. Seen a few issues reported about using specific ports etc but having tried all the fixes mine still wont charge. I then bought the official docking station, plugged into mains and sat it on that but still nothing. Assuming the controller is faulty but having reported this via Game website over a week ago I have had nothing back and there are no contact numbers to speak with anyone. Obviously shops are closed so can't go in store either. Currently unable to use the PS5 I forked out £450 for as a result  :s

Sound like it's borked :(

I've not had any issues with mine - I use a 3rd party cable without issue in the front usb port of the PS5 and also in USB equipped wall sockets.

Have you tried hard resetting the controller? Any lights come on?

If you want to sell your PS5 I'll give you tree fiddy for it? :D
    joneve said:
    Just hijacking this thread to say - if anyone is looking to offload their PS4 on the cheap now they have a shiny PS5, please let me know. I'm currently borrowing one from my cousin and desperately trying to complete the last of us (before starting last of us 2), but I fear they'll need it back before I get a chance to complete the last of us 2 :( 

I'll get getting rid of my PS4 Pro (white Destiny edition) as soon as I swap out the SSD in it.
    PS4 is mint, boxed etc etc

If you back up your saves to your ps plus cloud saves, you should be able to continue your game!
    wibble said:
    CMW335 said:

Sound like it's borked :(

I've not had any issues with mine - I use a 3rd party cable without issue in the front usb port of the PS5 and also in USB equipped wall sockets.

Have you tried hard resetting the controller? Any lights come on?

If you want to sell your PS5 I'll give you tree fiddy for it? :D
    Just bought a new controller and heading home to find out. When I plug to charge the blue lights flash but the orange doesn’t appear. Tried reset nothing happened
  • @CMW335 Def sounds like a duff controller - if it won't charge from the dock or the USB socket on the front then it's going to be the controller, rather than the console. Good news, I suppose? I'm sure Sony will sort you out if Game won't. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    @CMW335 Def sounds like a duff controller - if it won't charge from the dock or the USB socket on the front then it's going to be the controller, rather than the console. Good news, I suppose? I'm sure Sony will sort you out if Game won't. 

Thanks @stickyfiddle new controller seems to work fine will get a replacement for the other one whenever Game are open or someone gets round to replying to my ticket. Neither controller seems to respond or light up when on the docking station however so now wonder if there is a separate issue with that although it does seem the lights are barely visible when these are charging. Not having much luck lol
  • @CMW335 If you have a Twitter account get hold of Game on there. They might actually reply. I had problems cancelling an order recently and no response at all to email but they did respond to the Twitter messages. 
    @CMW335 If you have a Twitter account get hold of Game on there. They might actually reply. I had problems cancelling an order recently and no response at all to email but they did respond to the Twitter messages. 
    Thanks @punchesjudy I don't have a twitter but the wife does so I will try that  :)
    FYI Currys are doing a registration for a chance to buy a PS5....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11944
    wibble said:
    FYI Currys are doing a registration for a chance to buy a PS5....

Perhaps they read my suggestion from a month ago!
  • Are they more readily available now?.. A PS5 is on my toy list... and PS4 compatible too to some degree is nice.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24665
    Are they more readily available now?.. A PS5 is on my toy list... and PS4 compatible too to some degree is nice.
    Not really. Sony have said supply may well be limited all the way to xmas.

Silicon shortage is not helping anyone at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Are they more readily available now?.. A PS5 is on my toy list... and PS4 compatible too to some degree is nice.
    Not really. Sony have said supply may well be limited all the way to xmas.

Silicon shortage is not helping anyone at the moment.

The various retailers have had infrequent limited stock drops and they get snapped up pretty quick. That's why there are a few stock alert sites on twitter/discord out there eg