Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• CMW335 said:
    Anyone preordered from Game? When do they take the money out of your account?
    Game usually take money around dispatch. Could be a week or so before. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Seeing the size further pushes me to get a new pc for gaming in the living room to be honest - I'm not sure what the playstation will offer, and it will mean I can play ARPGs that benefit from mouse and keyboard as well as controller-friendly titles.

Of course, that means a keyboard and mouse to store so I'm not completely settled. I love my ps4 though, it's a bit tired and really needs a clean/dust but it's been a great bit of kit. 

Will the ps5 be easy to clean? I've heard the ps4 is a ballache. Another thing that inches me toward pc tbh... 
    Get a Corsair LapBoard, and the keyboard that fits in it. I have one, and it's amazing.
    That looks fantastic! 

My pc currently is an alienware console-alike, nvidia 960, i7 6700, 256gb ssd and 2tb disc drive. It's a fine computer and happily chugs through most games at 1080p and can play doom 2016 at 1440p somehow!

The only catch is the photo editing. I'd love to have my photo monitor in the living room also, but doesn't fit... 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2051
    CMW335 said:
    Anyone preordered from Game? When do they take the money out of your account?
    Game usually take money around dispatch. Could be a week or so before. 
    Thanks, was hoping they would take it straight away but makes sense 
  • I was planning on upgrading my PC, but the consoles are so cheap compared to what it would cost to get my PC up to scratch. I don't have a back catalogue of console games, so for me the Xbox game pass does seem very good value for money, especially with the Bethesda acquisition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Wow - Microsoft has just bought Bethesda!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/54233235

I can't wait for Elder Scrolls VI, but imagine it will be a few year away. I'll play Bethesda Studios next release...."Starfield" and patiently wait for ESVI. I think Starfield is coming out next year.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited September 2020
    stuartdd said:
    I was planning on upgrading my PC, but the consoles are so cheap compared to what it would cost to get my PC up to scratch. I don't have a back catalogue of console games, so for me the Xbox game pass does seem very good value for money, especially with the Bethesda acquisition.
    I'm still undecided atm, but I found this to be quite a helpful in making a decision. 

Although part of me has been persuaded just to build a gaming PC, I'm going to take his advice and wait.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    I got my preorder confirmed for launch day. I'm psyched! 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1105
    Sony teardown video of the PS5

it looks so easy to take apart compared to the PS4/PS3.

The cooling system looks like it's going to be more effective but it looks a big old boy - cheaper PS5 Slim in 2 years time I wager!

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    It’s like 75% of that machine is for cooling from the heat sink and the 2 fans.  I think the slim version will be like half the size.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Theyve cleared designed it to be quiet and efficient, which makes me happy.

And those big white plates are super easy to remove, so I’m guessing there will be custom ones available soon after launch, whether from Sony or third parties. I don’t hate the white but something in a dark green would be nice under the TV
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • wibble said:
    The cooling system looks like it's going to be more effective but it looks a big old boy - cheaper PS5 Slim in 2 years time I wager!
    Aye, I expect I’ll wait for the slim to be released this time, I just don’t have any need at all to rush out and get the PS5 straight away.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24324
    I wonder if the PS5 will allow the use of better HOTAS units?

That would be excellent. 
    edited October 2020
    What games are you guys getting for launch day?

I'm thinking Valhalla and COD, maybe Godfall?

Anyone else been following Godfall? I'm not a huge fan of loot farming/grind MMOs but something to get my teeth into could be cool. It looks a bit like a God Of War clone in its gameplay though. 

I never played Demon Souls so the remake might be an option to.
  • Demon's Souls is the reason I pre-ordered the console so thats the day one game for me. I share accounts with a mate and he's already pre-ordered cod so I'll have that to play as well. Doubt I can afford anything else tbh, got an extra pad and headset on order as well. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited October 2020
    I’ll do what I’ve always done and buy once it’s been on the market for 4 or 5 years....I’m only just settling into my PS4
    edited October 2020
    Demon's Souls is the reason I pre-ordered the console so thats the day one game for me. I share accounts with a mate and he's already pre-ordered cod so I'll have that to play as well. Doubt I can afford anything else tbh, got an extra pad and headset on order as well. 
    Is it ridiculously hard? I played Sekiro and I literally could not defeat one of the bosses. I ended up selling it. I heard Bloodbourne is unbelievably hard too. I'm no stranger to difficult games but Sekiro was on a different level!

I checked my shopto account and somehow I've got £150 on my account so I'm gonna use that to get a couple of games. 
  • Demon's Souls is the reason I pre-ordered the console so thats the day one game for me. I share accounts with a mate and he's already pre-ordered cod so I'll have that to play as well. Doubt I can afford anything else tbh, got an extra pad and headset on order as well. 
    Is it ridiculously hard? I played Sekiro and I literally could not defeat one of the bosses. I ended up selling it. I heard Bloodbourne is unbelievably hard too. I'm no stranger to difficult games but Sekiro was on a different level!

I checked my shopto account and somehow I've got £150 on my account so I'm gonna use that to get a couple of games. 
    I remember it being pretty nails yeah, but I haven't played since the PS3. I've also played/completed all the Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro since so could possibly feel easier now than it did back then. 

I'd suggest rather than dropping £70 on Demon's Souls pick up one of the earlier games. Dark Souls Remastered or DS3. DS3 is the easiest imo. Still not easy but probably a better intro into the series than Demon's unless you absolutely must have the fancy graphics. 

Bloodborne is my favourite game of all time and yeah, it's pretty hard when you first play but like anything you just need to learn it and you'll get used to it. Some brutal bosses though, particularly on the dlc. 
    Hmm. Maybe I'll get Bloodbourne this week. I've completed an assignment for a masters I'm doing so maybe I should give it a go as a reward.

I think I'm definitely getting Valhalla. Looks excellent.
  • Hmm. Maybe I'll get Bloodbourne this week. I've completed an assignment for a masters I'm doing so maybe I should give it a go as a reward.

I think I'm definitely getting Valhalla. Looks excellent.
    I think Bloodborne is free on PS+ Collection on ps5 so might be worth just holding off until then. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Been playing all the old Assassin's creed games while I wait for Valhalla, now I'm concerned I won't like it as the old AC games (up as far as syndicate) were very much AC, the last two were very different feeling.