Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sony PS5 prices and launch date announced

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10235
    It's on PS Now. Downloading :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    edited October 2020
    Spiderman MM, Sackboy, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of us 2, Doom Eternal.

Not necessarily all on day 1
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Hmm. Maybe I'll get Bloodbourne this week. I've completed an assignment for a masters I'm doing so maybe I should give it a go as a reward.

I think I'm definitely getting Valhalla. Looks excellent.
    I found the previous souls type games defensive and boring. I recently started Bloodborne, just five years late, and am absolutely loving it.
  • ennspek said:
    Hmm. Maybe I'll get Bloodbourne this week. I've completed an assignment for a masters I'm doing so maybe I should give it a go as a reward.

I think I'm definitely getting Valhalla. Looks excellent.
    I found the previous souls type games defensive and boring. I recently started Bloodborne, just five years late, and am absolutely loving it.

I love being aggressive on dark souls, I tried some of the speed run strats and it's such a blast. 

My only gripe with dark souls is some of the stats are actually useless. Resistance, anyone? Some say it's the game's way of trolling you, but I think it's just slightly off design. 

Do the last three has PS5 upgrades? They're already out!

I know they’re already out but I haven’t played them yet! Tsushima has confirmed it’ll get a boost mode. The others I assume will be much like playing on PS4 Pro but I haven’t got one of those so still keen to enjoy them in 4k as I haven’t had time to play them yet this year
    edited October 2020

I know they’re already out but I haven’t played them yet! Tsushima has confirmed it’ll get a boost mode. The others I assume will be much like playing on PS4 Pro but I haven’t got one of those so still keen to enjoy them in 4k as I haven’t had time to play them yet this year
    It's also worth getting the game cheaper for PS4 if there's a free upgrade. I loved Last of Us 2. Ghost of Tsushima was also excellent. 
    Died like 50 times...

It's also worth getting the game cheaper for PS4 if there's a free upgrade. I loved Last of Us 2. Ghost of Tsushima was also excellent. 
    Yep. I think it's just the res/rate boosts and HDR rather than anything else but I'll be more than happy with that tbh. I'm not a graphics-whore by any means but that lot will look lovely compared with the boggo PS4 on my current 1080p screen.
    I think that Bloodbourne is obviously a good game, but I think that having to grind back to your last point is a bit time consuming for me. It's not that it's too hard as I was doing okay, just that I find the save points too far in between. 

I think that's answered whether or not I'll get Demon Souls!
  • @TeleMaster Just run past everything. 

Where did you get to? There’s a good few shortcuts about. 
    I got to these two big dogs. I mean, I could run past everything but surely the whole point is to clear it right?
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I got to these two big dogs. I mean, I could run past everything but surely the whole point is to clear it right?
    Are you on the bridge with the werewolves? They are one of the tougher enemies at low levels.  Parrying or dodging is the "git gud" answer.  There's also a handy cheese using the entrance to the building off to the side (my preferred tactic).

There's also no shame in running past provided you can actually get past them.  There are other things on the bridge that could both help and hinder this tactic. 
    RedRabbit said:
    Are you on the bridge with the werewolves? They are one of the tougher enemies at low levels.  Parrying or dodging is the "git gud" answer.  There's also a handy cheese using the entrance to the building off to the side (my preferred tactic).

There's also no shame in running past provided you can actually get past them.  There are other things on the bridge that could both help and hinder this tactic. 
    How do you parry? I don't think I have anything to use to parry.
  • RedRabbit said:

You get a gun you can use as a parry. Timing is quite particular though, takes some time to get used to. 

If you haven't got it, you need to go back to Hunters Dream and on the stairs leading into the building there should be some items to pick up. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    RedRabbit said:

You get a gun you can use as a parry. Timing is quite particular though, takes some time to get used to. 

If you haven't got it, you need to go back to Hunters Dream and on the stairs leading into the building there should be some items to pick up. 
    Pretty much this.  Time the shot just as they are about to hit you and the enemy will stagger.  Follow up with normal attack (RB) and you'll perform a visceral attach for a damage boost.

The big ogre guys are good to practice on as they have fairly slow attacks but most enemies can be parried.

I actually think the original dark souls is a better introduction to the series.  The remaster is on PS4 and is usually pretty cheap (think I picked it up for less than £10).  Combat in Bloodborne is much faster and more aggressive.  Dark souls is more about picking spots to get in a hit and backing off again.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Just saw AO had the Series X in for preorder, so grabbed one, just in case Amazon screw up. Can always return one!

IMO the Xbox Series X looks mikes better than the PS5, but we’ll see. It’s all about the games... and I doubt MS will stop their purchases of developers just yet!
    edited October 2020
    FarleyUK said:
    Just saw AO had the Series X in for preorder, so grabbed one, just in case Amazon screw up. Can always return one!

IMO the Xbox Series X looks mikes better than the PS5, but we’ll see. It’s all about the games... and I doubt MS will stop their purchases of developers just yet!
    In what way do you think it's miles better? (Genuine question).

I thought the PlayStation easily won this generation with new franchises and titles like Horizon, Last of Us 2, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War. I felt that titles of Gears and Halo on XBox are just so played out now that they're not making the console attractive. Forza is the best driving game out by far imo. 

I don't see anything from Xbox that looks like it'll stop that dominance. The consoles are similar, both have cross platform play, both have game subscription services although Game Pass Ultimate looks quite good. If its just the games, and I'm not fan boy, at this stage it looks like the PS5 is the better option. And it appears that Bethesda games that have been guaranteed to come out on PS5 will still come out at the same time as the XBox, so I'm not sure that right now that the XBox is the best option. That's just my view. I'll have both in any case. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    edited October 2020
    FarleyUK said:

In what way do you think it's miles better? (Genuine question).

I thought the PlayStation easily won this generation with new franchises and titles like Horizon, Last of Us 2, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War. I felt that titles of Gears and Halo on XBox are just so played out now that they're not making the console attractive. Forza is the best driving game out by far imo. 

I don't see anything from Xbox that looks like it'll stop that dominance. The consoles are similar, both have cross platform play, both have game subscription services although Game Pass Ultimate looks quite good. If its just the games, and I'm not fan boy, at this stage it looks like the PS5 is the better option. And it appears that Bethesda games that have been guaranteed to come out on PS5 will still come out at the same time as the XBox, so I'm not sure that right now that the XBox is the best option. That's just my view. I'll have both in any case. 
    Yeah, I should prefix this by saying I have both a One X and a PS4 - and have pre-ordered both a Series X and a PS5.

However, IMO, the Series X is better than the PS5 at both a hardware and 'game' level.

• The hardware is slightly more powerful than the PS5
    • Cooling solution appears more efficient than the PS5 (this is also shown in several tests online, comparing the heat generated from the Series X, and the noise generated from the new designs to be much, much lower than the PS4, Xbox One etc.)
    • XCloud and Ultimate Game Pass. Amazing value, and now includes EA Play as well
    • Backwards Compatibility. MS have always been better at this IMO
    • I resent having to buy Spiderman again on PS5 - Microsoft have addressed this with the way they've designed the Series X. You buy the game once, and it just works on whatever Xbox console you have
    • Sure, the 'exclusives' might be better on PS, but it's hard to say at this stage as marketing for the games isn't a great barometer
    • Developer 'ease of use'. It's been hugely positive from developers when they've been discussing developing games on the Series X - whereas I've seen some reports that it was harder than it should have been on the PS5
    • MS' stable of developers. With Bethesda, they've got a brilliant group of companies under their hood now; I also remember seeing some veiled mentions about them NOT releasing Bethesda games on other consoles - only on PC and Xbox
    EDIT - and the Instant Resume feature. This looks amazing!

I'd have hoped that MS have learnt from their previous generations as well, that it's the GAMES that count - and I think they're addressing that well with the purchase of developers.

But hey, the competition between them can only be good for us, right?
  • ^ MS are definitely onto a winner with the Ultimate Game Pass deal, that's superb value and is the first thing that could genuinely tempt me away from the PS platform. The hardware differences don't really matter to me, if I wanted cutting edge graphics I'd be playing on a PC, I prefer consoles for their simplicity, so as long as they continue to work, and have the games that I want to play then I'm happy.

One other thing that put me off Xbox in the past was that I simply hate(d?) their controllers! The sticks are shite, with minimal sensitivity, and the buttons just feel cheap. That said, the last xbox I tried was a 360, so they've hopefully gotten better.

Either way, I'll be sticking with the PS4 Pro for now, eventually getting a PS5 once the slim is released and I've got through all the games that I've still not completed on the PS4.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom