Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    Fingers crossed!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I've nearly listed my FM3 in the classifieds a number of times. Common sense has prevailed over new gear joy so far!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Everyone always says about the tones of these units - but I want to know how it feels, and how it responds. 

@kjdowd and @JohnCordy - how does the ‘feel’ and responsiveness compare to Helix, Kemper and AFX3? I always found the Helix to be the ‘worst’ of the bunch. 

Got my email from Andertons saying they’re expecting stock ‘around’ 31st March...
    V favourable so far. I'd say helix 'worst' of the bunch for me too, in that sense (YMMV etc). Response to pick dynamics is absolutely excellent. Better than fractal, which I think is very good. With a Fano RB6 thin line I could get from almost clean to decent crunch on the Marshall JCM 900 lead model without touching the guitar volume. Note decay also v good (although be aware many of the factory patches have a gate on). I'd say it edges - perhaps a bit more than edges - the AFX3 for sound and feel, but while I've got some good sounds out of the AFX3 I'm not sure I've ever had the patience or the ear to get the best out of it. 

Overall I'd say it feels 'right', is compelling to play and doesn't have the 'digitalness' that maybe some units have had in the past (although that said I haven't played a Helix for many, many software revisions now, and just didn't get on with Kemper enough to give it a fair go). 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    Interesting.... cheers. 

Have to admit, one of my concerns is how close the switches are. Seems way too cramped for my size 13s - how are you finding it?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    We need a video of a foot changing channels
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @Jetfire  ;

Here you go. Width wise the footswitches are about the same as a stomp apart, but they are about half as far apart vertically - (7.5cm to 4.5cm)

In all honesty they could be further apart for my size 11, rather clumsy feet. That said, my misstep rate is about 1 in 20 and improving! Some care required, but not ridiculous is probably the fairest summary. 
    The switches are the same distance as the Helix so it's perfectly usable. 

I'm not a huge Helix fan for live amp sounds but I like the HXFX a lot and I use Native all the time. 
    JohnCordy said:
    @Jetfire  ;

Here you go. Width wise the footswitches are about the same as a stomp apart, but they are about half as far apart vertically - (7.5cm to 4.5cm)

Interesting. Where I have pressed two by accident it's been the vertical rather than the horizontal pair, and (I guess obviously) when pressing the top row. So I guess the lesson is to put the frequently used stuff on the bottom row. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    The test for some will be hitting the right switch while playing a difficult part, singing, and trying to maintain a crowd's focus on a poorly lit stage using your peripheral vision.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's *incredible* how poor my aim can be in those situations.
  • kjdowd said:

Interesting. Where I have pressed two by accident it's been the vertical rather than the horizontal pair, and (I guess obviously) when pressing the top row. So I guess the lesson is to put the frequently used stuff on the bottom row. 
    I'm surprised that putting the most used functions on the front row is still has to be a lesson.  In fact multi-effect stomps and floor modellers have been around long enough to stop issuing new stuff that is not ergonomically sound with regards to footswitching.  Usually it can be rectified with a firmware upgrade which I believe that Boss did for the GT-1000.  FAS's earlier adopters of their MFC-101 were tucked up by a lack of forethought on this front, which is unusual for a company with progressive products.
    edited March 2021
    I've been corrected. The Quad Core is the same distance horizontally as the Helix but not vertically. Apparantly a very short distance between the top and bottom rows. 
  • @JohnCordy ;

Holy shit.... I cannot get this guy out of my head because of your voice.

:lol: sorry!!!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @WiresDreamDisasters wrong county - but cheers
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    kjdowd said:

I'm surprised that putting the most used functions on the front row is still has to be a lesson.  In fact multi-effect stomps and floor modellers have been around long enough to stop issuing new stuff that is not ergonomically sound with regards to footswitching.  Usually it can be rectified with a firmware upgrade which I believe that Boss did for the GT-1000.  FAS's earlier adopters of their MFC-101 were tucked up by a lack of forethought on this front, which is unusual for a company with progressive products.
    Although the switches are labelled A-H starting top left,  it's all assignable as you wish for stomps, scenes and presets so not a big issue for me (although might be if you're using a lot of scenes in a song and aren't feeling too precise of foot). It just took a few moments for the penny to drop with me that the frequently uses stuff might be better on the bottom row...
  • JohnCordy said:
    @WiresDreamDisasters wrong county - but cheers
    Did you just Wesley Snipes "wrong guy, wrong motherfuckin' century" me??? :lol:

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    Er, so anyway.... can you have the switches use a combination of effects and scenes..? I.e scenes on bottom row and pedals on the top row?
    @FarleyUK will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

Also, no.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Our other guitarist is coming round today for me to work on his guitar. He's bringing his QC so I'll get to play with it a little bit.

Bye!

@johncordy on the back of your FM3 delays vid I'm going to try cortex into FM3 today and see how they goes