Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24653
    I remember asking Guitar Guitar at the end of Jan when they were going to ship, and the guy said we still expect it at the end of January. This was the 29th. I said, sooooo in two days? and he said umm yea we think so. I asked if he had them, he said no. 

And they haven't shipped their tier two orders yet, and there's two batches of them. And they said retailers wouldn't get them until all batches have shipped. 

So in all honesty I don't trust anything they say because they're as much in the dark as we are. 
    Well... I'm happy to wait. If it's gonna take months, it's gonna take months. Not much I can do about that, and I want one.
    I saw a post from Doug saying that the entire run has sold out (presumably that’s to shops) and that the next run could be delayed to the end of the year.

good old chip shortage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    I remember asking Guitar Guitar at the end of Jan when they were going to ship, and the guy said we still expect it at the end of January. This was the 29th. I said, sooooo in two days? and he said umm yea we think so. I asked if he had them, he said no. 

And they haven't shipped their tier two orders yet, and there's two batches of them. And they said retailers wouldn't get them until all batches have shipped. 

So in all honesty I don't trust anything they say because they're as much in the dark as we are. 
    Well... I'm happy to wait. If it's gonna take months, it's gonna take months. Not much I can do about that, and I want one.
    I saw a post from Doug saying that the entire run has sold out (presumably that’s to shops) and that the next run could be delayed to the end of the year.

good old chip shortage.

Take that with a MASSIVE pinch of salt. He’s not exactly been clear or direct with his communication. 
    Chip shortage is affecting everything, cars, computers, even some fridges.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    I wonder if there's a fridge forum where people are desperately awaiting their tier two preorders but can't get them because of a chip shortage. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That would be fantastic! 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited March 2021

• JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @WiresDreamDisasters on the one hand, it's cool not having to plug in usbs and stuff, on the other hand, don't get me wrong, Anton's a lovely bloke - don't get me wrong - but should he be working here?

Wait no. 
    Yeh I'm not so sure I wanted to be on another app sharing tones if you know what I mean, but it seems to work well 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordy said:
    @WiresDreamDisasters on the one hand, it's cool not having to plug in usbs and stuff, on the other hand, don't get me wrong, Anton's a lovely bloke - don't get me wrong - but should he be working here?

Wait no. 
    Yeh I'm not so sure I wanted to be on another app sharing tones if you know what I mean, but it seems to work well 
    Don't blame me love just coz you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff!

But yeah I think it'll all turn out okay in the end.

Bye!

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    So in summary 

has a few potential durability issues like side vents and a flimsy external PSU, but the UI is great and apart from some improvement needed in some effects it sounds fantastic 

what the future updates will be like no one knows yet

may or may not be available in a shop near you soon

is that about right?  Still very tempted 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26765
    edited March 2021
    John_A said:

has a few potential durability issues like side vents and a flimsy external PSU
    Just on that subject...is it fan-cooled, like the Headrush? And whether it is or not...how does it handle 30-35 degree ambient temperatures?

I'm just cynical - whenever anybody makes a claim that a new bit of kit is the most powerful ever, I tend to wonder how much heat it's kicking out and capable of handling (and whether it throttles). The Headrush clearly had a problem with passive cooling, which makes the fan a massive single point of failure.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    I think if they sent out the retailer batch before the tier 2 batch, they'd get absolutely annihilated on every forum. And why should I get mine before someone who paid £250 directly to the manufacturer for a guaranteed delivery before any shops?
    Oh absolutely. Pre-orderers should definitely get their units before johnny-come-lately types like us!!

Last year when we moved and my missus bought me the Kemper as a gift (lovely lass!!) I did contemplate at the time pre-ordering, but decided against it because there wasn't any real word on the neural capture stuff at the time. But yeah, I should've done that. Damnit.
    @WiresDreamDisasters ;
    Do you get much use from the Kemper these days?
    I regards to the heat issue, they said they've tested that extensively and it's come out fine. I'm not sure if there's a fan in it. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Apparently the vents are for WiFi not cooling and it’s totally passively cooled.  Stupid place to stick WiFi vents they could have had some internal plastic cover or something
  • duotone said:
    I think if they sent out the retailer batch before the tier 2 batch, they'd get absolutely annihilated on every forum. And why should I get mine before someone who paid £250 directly to the manufacturer for a guaranteed delivery before any shops?
    Oh absolutely. Pre-orderers should definitely get their units before johnny-come-lately types like us!!

Last year when we moved and my missus bought me the Kemper as a gift (lovely lass!!) I did contemplate at the time pre-ordering, but decided against it because there wasn't any real word on the neural capture stuff at the time. But yeah, I should've done that. Damnit.
    @WiresDreamDisasters ;
    Do you get much use from the Kemper these days?
    Yes a fair amount still. I do like it, it has a lot of cool things going for it.

Bye!

I'm really umming and ahhing now because of a few features that are somewhat specific to my needs. I think... I'm gonna cancel my pre order and keep an eye on it over the year. 
  • I'm really umming and ahhing now because of a few features that are somewhat specific to my needs. I think... I'm gonna cancel my pre order and keep an eye on it over the year. 
    What sort of features?

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    I'm really umming and ahhing now because of a few features that are somewhat specific to my needs. I think... I'm gonna cancel my pre order and keep an eye on it over the year. 
    I dare you to put that on the 'Original' Facebook user group  ;)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Good idea though - it'll be interesting to see how improved things are in 8 months time or so. Maybe we'll have had our units by then :D
    edited March 2021
    So essentially a few issues. 

1. No separate power amp/pre amp models. This is potentially a big deal for me as I normally play with a power amp and cab, and in my experience power amp modelling on top of a power amp with a guitar cab is not as good a mix as without. 

Helix has pre amp models for this reason. 
    Kemper has many different types of models addressing this. 
    FM3 you can turn it off. 

So this is actually a big issue for me. And currently there's no way to actually differentiate between the types of capture. Be it pre amp, power amp etc. 

2. While the sounds do sound good, the FM3 is just a more complete package and I know it sounds great. I won't use the capturing and I actually prefer modelling because I have more control over the sounds. 

3. Ultimately it's just a new shiny toy. The connectivity and touch screen are alluring, but sounds and effects surely go to the FM3. So I'll give it a year, see how it goes once all this honeymooning is over we can see what people actually think and reassess. 

I think that's smart. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26765

1. No separate power amp/pre amp models. This is potentially a big deal for me as I normally play with a power amp and cab, and in my experience power amp modelling on top of a power amp with a guitar cab is not as good a mix as without. 

Helix has pre amp models for this reason. 
    Kemper has many different types of models addressing this. 
    FM3 you can turn it off. 

So this is actually a big issue for me. And currently there's no way to actually differentiate between the types of capture. Be it pre amp, power amp etc. 
    I was chatting with Doug Castro on TGP about this, and his response was...

"There is plenty of preamps and power amp captures on the device already actually, I've enjoyed combining them quite a bit actually."
    <space for hire>
  • Being quite honest; it's all I've thought about all weekend. I was that impressed with the amp capturing that I am prepared to overlook every single other foible.

I wanna build that. Why??? Coz I'm greedy!!!

Bye!