Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot
1323334353638»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Andertons did a comparison video and found it impossible to tell the difference.
    Of course they did.

Just how every amp is tEh bEsTeSt tHiNg EVARRRRRRR when they review them.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any reviewer on YouTube nowadays; they either have a vested interest (such as selling the units) or have a sponsorship (so therefore cannot say anything negative) or are potentially paid.

Have you watched the video?

I think they were actually mildly pissed off they got it wrong as they generally are a "Valve is best" type of a channel and if you look at Rabea and DP they have sig amps with Victory so not really incentivised to say a capture is as good as the amp.

Andertons are quite good for a shop at saying they don't like things occasionally although generally I think they just don't feature stuff they aren't going to gush over.
    Citation needed for them disliking something

Lets be clear the videos exist for the purpose of making you buy stuff and for no other reason. They are product demonstrations not reviews and they admit they don't cover stuff they aren't going to be positive about, but off the top of my head:
    the Mesa Cab Emulator (which they then handled very badly), the 5w Marshall Origin, Boss DS-1, the Suhr Riot, Fender Jaguars in general, bootcamp strat pickups. 

They are usually a fairly gentle "It's not for me, but you might like it", but they do it from time to time.

With something like this they aren't really hurting themselves if they say they like valve amps, or the Neural as they make sales either way so I don't see why they would fake anything.

More generally I think Andertons are more interested in promoting the shop and the people on the videos so that they are top of mind when you shop for anything music related rather than selling the featured product. That's why they are more personality driven and not especially good product demonstration. It's personality led brand building.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??
    He's not overkeen; in summary "As a modeller - it's not even as good as their plugins". He liked the capture and profiling though.
    Funny how ppinions vary!

Bye!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??
    He's not overkeen; in summary "As a modeller - it's not even as good as their plugins". He liked the capture and profiling though.
    Funny how ppinions vary!

Interestingly Elmo (who buys his own gear) thought the built-in Plexi model was not very good but profiled his actual amp and said that was excellent.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I did toy with one of these as I recently got a Kemper and love it - then it dawned on me that I’ve been looking at these things all wrong - chasing “as close to” the sound of (insert amp here) that I could find digitally. Ultimately, I realised that the Kemper makes brilliant sounds regardless of if it’s a perfect recreation of an amp I’ve never and will never play or have reference of. I am from now on just gonna enjoy my product and not look at the names of the profiles I’m using and just consider them clean, break up, dirty tones etc. 
    I’m sure the Quad will do a better job of profiling - it should because it’s 10 yrs younger - BUT the Kemper still beats it on effects, as a full rig with the Kone  (I like that I can twiddle dials on something that sits on top of a cab like a traditional amp) and the plethora of already amazing profiles made. It’s also made in Germany which rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly) makes me sleep a little better at night when thinking about long term reliability. 

Anyway, might still pick up a Quad one day but having only had the Kemper a few months, I now don’t feel like I have FOMO on what is still a young product. Also they really need to fix the delay between changing sounds. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

Has anyone captured a Peavey Bandit yet ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    FarleyUK said:
    @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??
    Funny how ppinions vary!
    Don’t forget though, he’s also a self confessed Fractal fanboi - so that might colour his opinion slightly. He did try not to compare the two, but there were a couple of boys where it was impossible not to. 
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    @FarleyUK ;
    What's the TLDR??
    Funny how ppinions vary!
    Don’t forget though, he’s also a self confessed Fractal fanboi - so that might colour his opinion slightly. He did try not to compare the two, but there were a couple of boys where it was impossible not to. 
    I think he should compare them, and post thorough results. It'd be interesting. I'm going to do the same with QC, Kemper, and Helix, at some point.

The QC is missing features, no doubt. But for some reason, the missing features happen to align with the list of things I don't really care too much about.... everything I wanted is there pretty much - and really, what I wanted was something that captured my real world amps better than the Kemper does.

I can work around the limited delay and reverb options. Don't really care about modulations.

Bye!

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Mine just arrived courtesy of the legend that is @TeleMaster - Updating it now and about to have an extended lunch break....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10215
    It's true I am a legend. Enjoy!
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2142
    My friend let me borrow their QC. I have it at the minute. 

First impressions were very good. 

I managed to dial in a sound (JCM 800) that sounded basically the same as a real JCM 800 that I recorded a few days ago. 

I could A/B them in the session and it got pretty difficult to tell which was which. Further tweaking could have got it 99.9% the same. I didn’t spend heaps of time trying to nail it. 

I think the feel of the models is very good. 

I struggled with the higher gain sounds. I thought the Marshalls sounded good, but I wasn’t sold on any of the Rectifier sounds. I think I’d need to tweak those a lot more. 

Tube Screamer into a Twin sounded very good. 

I could easily gig with one, I think. 

I tried 4CM as well. That was easy to set up. Although I am absolutely certain that the 4 conversions that happen in that scenario introduce some latency. For some reason, I could just feel it. Especially on fast alternate picked runs. It just felt not quite as immediate as plugging directly into my amp and pedalboard. 

We’re talking very, very slight ms delays, but I am absolute certain it was there. 

FX are a tad limited at this juncture, but they sound fine. 

An impressive piece of gear for sure. I’d love to try one at a gig to see what it’s like, but time frames mean that I’ll have to return it to my mate before I can use it through the (large) PA we use in one of my bands. We have lots of monitoring too, so I think I’d be able to just use the QC and a guitar and that would be it.