Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• Did they just email you out of the blue? How did you come across this info?
    I asked them through their online chat when I'd be getting my order, because it was tagged as 'shipped' in my order list.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    edited April 2021
    So end of the month it seems until they change it again. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    Just cancelled my pre-order at Andertons. I'll wait until Neural give some clarity on things and when they're available in the wild (and the inevitable v2 arrives, with better switch spacing etc.). The AFX3 more than does everything I need right now, and if I end up going to New York, I'll just use the Boss Waza headphones to practice with.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wavering over the cancel button myself. Still not convinced it’s better than my Kemper and I’m quite tempted just to splurge on some pedals instead 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Having had the QC and Kemper side-by-side for a day, I'm fairly convinced that the capturing will be much better. All the other issues I will workaround with additional pedals if need be.

I'll keep my Kemper for a while next to it, and see where I end up.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This might be of interest to some. Covered bits that most other YouTube videos don't.

https://youtu.be/kWa5DubTMhw
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 990
    ^ I only watched the first few mins, I had to stop when he starts listing the I’m presuming Fanboys “Josh Castle, Tom Couture, Epic Chicken” 
    He seems pretty vague with things doesn’t he?
    “Booklet - I think the booklet is for the pre-orders, but I’m not 100%”

I’ve also cancelled. Let’s see what they’re like when people actually have them in their hands for a length of time, and see if it beats the FM3. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO THIS CANCEL CULTURE!

Bye!

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Crossing streams a bit there... :astonished: 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    I WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO THIS CANCEL CULTURE!
    Check your quad privilege!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited April 2021
    So had a longer session last night with the QC, just focused on the neural capture feature.

You do get differences between the original amp and the QC. But to my ears those differences are not as annoying as the Kemper differences. QC has the core tone and the core response right, every single time. Sometimes there's a bit too much bass, or not enough treble. But palm-mute response sounds the same, when it very often does not on the Kemper.

We captured some sounds from my D-Moll, VH4, and Sig:X, and they were all very very good.

GuitarGuitar are still on for between the 16th and 23rd for their units to arrive, and I should have one of those.

Bye!

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    So had a longer session last night with the QC, just focused on the neural capture feature.

You do get differences between the original amp and the QC. But to my ears those differences are not as annoying as the Kemper differences. QC has the core tone and the core response right, every single time. Sometimes there's a bit too much bass, or not enough treble. But palm-mute response sounds the same, when it very often does not on the Kemper.

We captured some sounds from my D-Moll, VH4, and Sig:X, and they were all very very good.

GuitarGuitar are still on for between the 16th and 23rd for their units to arrive, and I should have one of those.
    That sounds promising! Did you find you were able to "dial" those EQs out with a bit of tweaking after the capture? 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • PC_Dave said:

That sounds promising! Did you find you were able to "dial" those EQs out with a bit of tweaking after the capture? 
    Mostly yes. You can use an EQ before the capture to control the distortion on the front-end, and you can use the three band EQ to smooth it out on the profile itself.

What I find with the QC is that my brain is more willing to accept the differences, because they don't sound annoying to me. The Kemper sounds annoying. I strongly dislike the palm-mute response for metal and hard-rock sounds.

Bye!

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    PC_Dave said:

Mostly yes. You can use an EQ before the capture to control the distortion on the front-end, and you can use the three band EQ to smooth it out on the profile itself.

What I find with the QC is that my brain is more willing to accept the differences, because they don't sound annoying to me. The Kemper sounds annoying. I strongly dislike the palm-mute response for metal and hard-rock sounds.
    Cool, thanks for that - i'll look forward to seeing how you get on when yours arrives.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Can anyone confirm that the Hiwatt model in the QC allows user to jump both channels, or is it only usable on normal or bright channels only?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33817
    Emperor's new shred?
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I'm curious to see if this does good Pitch Effects.

I'm thinking that even though this is expensive, it's still cheaper than buying all the pedals and amps I would like to buy normally. And hopefully this will sound better through modellers than a valve amp. 
  • "No problem! I just found out from our purchasing department 20 minutes ago that they're on their way from the Neural HQ in Finland but the FedEx tracking shows a date of 5th of May. Of course this is subject to change and might be here sooner but that's all we have to go off on unfortunately. I do apologise for the long wait with these, Neural have delayed shipping to dealers many times and I know how frustrating it can be waiting for the unit, I actually purchased one myself too. If anything changes and the information is concrete then you'll be notified by our sales team. I hope this is okay."

From a quick chat with GG this week. Guess I'm waiting till May.

Bye!

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @WiresDreamDisasters ;
     So looking at your massive experience with all things amp wise, have you tried the Helix via a power amp into trad cab? If so, id be interested in your opinion on a QC doing the same thing if Im honest. (It may have been mentioned/discussed already in here but I havent seen it.)