Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZ said:
    @WiresDreamDisasters sounds great! Is that your JVM capture on the Oblivion riffs and the Tool before that? Really nice.

I'll be waiting for a cheaper QC Stomp equivalent now
    Yeah that's the JVM!

The cleans are all from the captures of my SigX clean channel, after rechecking the patch this morning.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Quick couple of questions

Can you have the footswitch’s set up so you have 4 scenes on the bottom 4 and 4 stomps on the top?

Is scene switching instant?

• John_A said:

Can you have the footswitch’s set up so you have 4 scenes on the bottom 4 and 4 stomps on the top?

For the first, no. Not yet. For the second, yes.

Bye!

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I don't think that's currently possible. Scene switching is instant.
    John_A said:

Cheers, I’m sure it’ll be in an update, seems obvious 

only thing stopping me is not knowing how committed Neural will be to future updates and support, think I’ll just have to jump in and hope for the best

• John_A said:
    John_A said:

Cheers, I’m sure it’ll be in an update, seems obvious 

only thing stopping me is not knowing how committed Neural will be to future updates and support, think I’ll just have to jump in and hope for the best

Well they released a 1.0.2 update yesterday to fix some bugs. The change-log implies to me that they're going to focus on small incremental updates on a frequent basis, rather than one big huge one per-year. But I could be wrong.

The said in their most recent news:

CorOS 1.0.2 fixes a few corner cases where units would crash after a particular sequence of actions and interactions with Presets from Cortex Cloud. Additionally, we will add 5 new cabinet models. We expect this version to be available within the next few days.

CorOS 1.0.3 will come shortly after, adding Multi-Out support. Factory Presets will be updated to use Multi-Out instead of Out 1-2 by default, but you will need to modify your own Presets after updating to take advantage of Multi-Out.

Our first major update will follow later, bringing more significant changes and features that we will discuss further in a future post. Auto-engage functionality with expression bypass parameter control and improved delay/reverb performance are nearly completed. In parallel, our algorithm research and sound design teams are working on expanding our library of virtual devices continuously. A new Flanger and Freeze effects will be added, among others.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2422
    I'm still going to give it a few months, until the 'shiny new tech toy' phase passes for a lot of people. I'm just not convinced by it, and it still seems to have a load of things missing.

Plus, I'm very concerned about the actual usability of having the switches stupidly close together. I can see that being a major issue at a gig.
    FarleyUK said:
    I'm still going to give it a few months, until the 'shiny new tech toy' phase passes for a lot of people. I'm just not convinced by it, and it still seems to have a load of things missing.

Plus, I'm very concerned about the actual usability of having the switches stupidly close together. I can see that being a major issue at a gig.
    There’s a guy on the QC Facebook group who’s Ace in a Kiss tribute band.  He manages the switches in giant silver platform boots :)

Agree there’s a few things missing and it’s a leap of faith to assume Neural will put in the investment
  • All weekend I was using the QC in the studio, and I didn't mishit a footswitch once. I'd built that issue up in my head, but so far it actually hasn't been a big deal.

It is indeed missing stuff. If I wanted to go 4cm right now with my real amp and a few pedals that switch presets via midi, QC would not really cut it. I'm hopeful that they're going to add things.

I'll work around most niggles for the simple fact that I think their modelling and capture tech is fantastic.

Bye!

• onyironyir Frets: 45
    I had my first band practice with the QC last night. Not a single problem with the footswitches. It sounded great, too. Liked how easy was to adjust things on the unit in just a few seconds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    All weekend I was using the QC in the studio, and I didn't mishit a footswitch once. I'd built that issue up in my head, but so far it actually hasn't been a big deal.

It is indeed missing stuff. If I wanted to go 4cm right now with my real amp and a few pedals that switch presets via midi, QC would not really cut it. I'm hopeful that they're going to add things.

I'll work around most niggles for the simple fact that I think their modelling and capture tech is fantastic.
    Yes, what it sounds like is definitely the most important thing, plus I have no intention of ever using it with a real amp.  I’m 95% convinced 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    onyir said:
    I had my first band practice with the QC last night. Not a single problem with the footswitches. It sounded great, too. Liked how easy was to adjust things on the unit in just a few seconds
    When you get to my age bending down and eyesight are very real problems and I need knobs at amp head level. But I guess I'm not the Core market 
    hywelg said:
    onyir said:
    When you get to my age bending down and eyesight are very real problems and I need knobs at amp head level. But I guess I'm not the Core market 
    External midi controller and a stand :)
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited May 2021
    So after struggling last night with it I think I’m going to let the QC go and stick with the Kemper.

There are some undeniably good sounds in there but the rest of the package is just not there for my use case unfortunately.

As an example I have a rehearsal tomorrow so I spent last night trying to set up a basic preset to use with a few effects and a couple of amps.

Unfortunately it seems that it’s impossible to use it in stomp mode and be able to switch between amps at the same time. Conversely I could use scenes but then I can’t switch effects as I want, I have to program certain instances with no real flexibility. 

I’ve no doubt that eventually these issues will get sorted and the effects will get ramped up but ultimately I don’t want money tied up in 2 modellers and the Kemper is road ready, the QC not so much.

If there’s any regulars on here that are waiting for this and would like my one message me and I’ll do it cost plus shipping. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    You could put two amps in a preset and assign them to foot switches and switch like that in stomp
    mode. But yes there is more flexibility than could be added in switching (for example I don't think you can assign both amps to a single foot switch to flip between them...?)
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    kjdowd said:
    You could put two amps in a preset and assign them to foot switches and switch like that in stomp
    mode. But yes there is more flexibility than could be added in switching (for example I don't think you can assign both amps to a single foot switch to flip between them...?)
    Can that be done with a divider/mixer in the QC,,?
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpypwdsxqw9p3ak/fucking cool.mp3?dl=0

I *really* like this tone.

This is my JVM on OD1 Red, through my Egnater 4x12, with an SM57 on the bottom right speaker.

Some of it is the real amp, some of it is the QC.

It's close enough for me, and sounds way better than the Kemper IMO.

Bye!

• kjdowd said:
    Can that be done with a divider/mixer in the QC,,?
    As far as I can see you can’t assign the divider to a stomp switch 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpypwdsxqw9p3ak/fucking cool.mp3?dl=0

I *really* like this tone.

This is my JVM on OD1 Red, through my Egnater 4x12, with an SM57 on the bottom right speaker.

Some of it is the real amp, some of it is the QC.

It's close enough for me, and sounds way better than the Kemper IMO.
    I like that, its got the tight bottom end which isnt woofy.  I guess its worth mentioning when you mention the JVM that its the JS Model (which prob isnt much in it but .. yannow)
  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f6v5x8qtkgq65v4/AAAz_z7IaOKndJaZ1DjhJgOHa?dl=0

Some comparisons versus the real amp and the Kemper.

Bye!