Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adam Jones LP Custom...

What's Hot

Comments

• artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    They did copy the 3-pc maple neck on this one though :mrgreen: 
    considering that it is an element of some very high end Gibson archtops, as well as a fundamental element of 70's LP's used for hard rock, I certainly hope so.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• This guy describes case defects. 
    Thats excruciating to watch.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• This guy describes case defects. 
    Thats excruciating to watch.  
    Which is ironic because anyone who makes unboxing videos is definitely One For The Watching ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    I just realise what the colour remind me of, the colour of snot when I have a really bad cold, at it's worst and most snotty, it's that colour before it turns clear.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Gerz6558 said:

This guy describes case defects. 
    Did this guy really put a pair of gloves on before he picked the guitars up, like he was handling a rare diamond. Wow, seen it all now. Tragic.

Hahahahaha! I know. I mean, first it is a production guitar, albeit limited in numbers. Second, both guitars are aged to a degree. Third, just WHY. He didn't even try the neck. I imagine they are being sold on ebay or reverb for double.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777

Hahahahaha! I know. I mean, first it is a production guitar, albeit limited in numbers. Second, both guitars are aged to a degree. Third, just WHY. He didn't even try the neck. I imagine they are being sold on ebay or reverb for double.
    Haha yeah I also assumed he was selling them on. But acting like they're some rare antiques, just rubs me up the wrong way.

Guitars were tools to be played, and now they seem to be objects to lock away and occasionally get them out to posture with.  Fair enough if youre really into the detail and how it looks, but this kind of behaviour is so far removed from the purpose of the object I dont even know what's going on anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Gerz6558 said:

Haha yeah I also assumed he was selling them on. But acting like they're some rare antiques, just rubs me up the wrong way.

Guitars were tools to be played, and now they seem to be objects to lock away and occasionally get them out to posture with.  Fair enough if youre really into the detail and how it looks, but this kind of behaviour is so far removed from the purpose of the object I dont even know what's going on anymore.

Exactly. I mean what is the point in it? Like...he didn't even see what it sounded like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebear said:
    They did copy the 3-pc maple neck on this one though :mrgreen: 
    considering that it is an element of some very high end Gibson archtops, as well as a fundamental element of 70's LP's used for hard rock, I certainly hope so.  :)
    True, I'm just glad they didn't mess with the recipe. The last LPC that came with a maple neck that I can think of was the Zakk Wylde model.

As they've announced this one under a "multi-year partnership" with Adam and Gibson, I'm hopeful that means that we'll see cheaper editions next year and beyond. The nice thing with these selling out so quickly is that they won't feel much pressure to delay new models to give time for the first run to sell.

I'm really hoping they do an equivalent spec'd Epiphone version, though I'm sure they'll find a way to mess it up e.g. 60s slim D neck profile, or forgetting it should have a maple neck. It'd be great if they replicated the silverburst case on an Epi run too, as they've done some pretty cool signature models like that in recent years. The Bjorn Gelotte model I had came with a wonderful crushed gold velvet-lind hardcase with artist graphics on it, and the guitar was fantastic too. smile 
  • Wonder if they would go for a high end epi or a low end one. Perversely I might be tempted just as a treat if it was a lower end but if its up near the 700-800 mark I'd prob take a pass given I already ahve an LP. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Wonder if they would go for a high end epi or a low end one. Perversely I might be tempted just as a treat if it was a lower end but if its up near the 700-800 mark I'd prob take a pass given I already ahve an LP. 
    I would expect similar ballpark as the new JB Black Beauty.
  • Yep, I can't see them doing a half-assed Epi version, unless it was an silverburst LP-100 ala Slash. I expect it'll come in at ~£800. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    If they do one properly like the JoBo or the 1959 P90 Custom ones with a decent neck profile and that aged gloss finish (and ideally a removable headstock mirror) I'm not sure I could resist it! 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    Best tighthead prop ever to play for Wales since Graham Price....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I do like Tool. But they do sound like Rush. If you slow a Rush song down from 33 to 16 on a turntable. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Never heard of the dude! 

Me neither.

My first reaction was why has a retired Welsh prop got a signature model?
  • Seen some shots with a mirror on the headstock? What's that for?

• jeztone2 said:
    I do like Tool. But they do sound like Rush. If you slow a Rush song down from 33 to 16 on a turntable. 
    Bloody brilliant! :lol:

@GrumpyRocker - it's to reflect the alien mind control laser beams
  • jeztone2 said:
    They are like happy tool. Or tool are like angry rush. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Imagine if both Kenny Wayne and Joe Bo were playing Adam Jones signature models in their respectively terrible songs/videos. The Fretboard would spontaneously combust.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Imagine if both Kenny Wayne and Joe Bo were playing Adam Jones signature models in their respectively terrible songs/videos. The Fretboard would spontaneously combust.

Chappers might be a cheaper way of getting it to spontaneously combust.