Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adam Jones LP Custom...

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    I actually think if they do this, it will sell more than Adam Jones.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    Imagine if both Kenny Wayne and Joe Bo were playing Adam Jones signature models in their respectively terrible songs/videos. The Fretboard would spontaneously combust.

Chappers might be a cheaper way of getting it to spontaneously combust.
    Im just shooting a video now wearing his new signature clip on dreds.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    edited October 2020

I like that.

Not sure I would want to own it myself, but you're probably right.

(NB, I am talking about the guitar ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18829
    ^  Gajazzle ?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971

Guaranteed wrist rash.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 734
    edited October 2020
    mental that folk havent heard of tool who must be one of the biggest bands of the last 20 odd years?!  Their last album came out at number one in the states and knocked Taylor Swift off the spot.  Thats pretty good going for a rock band these days.

The AJ LP is one i would like to own as the silverburst finish is one of the few LP's i actually like the look of but the price of these is hideous.  Im not shy of blasting a lot of money on gear but fuck me. 

The thing that gets me is you would think Adam Jones himself would be like "hold on a minute your going to sell them for how much?!  Who is going to buy them then?" 

Not anyone that gets legitimately excited about music anymore thats for sure.  I guess he is older now as well and maybe doesnt give a fuck anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:

Guaranteed wrist rash.
    That's what the white gloves are for. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nick13 said:

The thing that gets me is you would think Adam Jones himself would be like "hold on a minute your going to sell them for how much?!  Who is going to buy them then?" 

That doesnt really fit that well with the guy who said..lets put a TV in the CD case!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Nick13 said:

That doesnt really fit that well with the guy who said..lets put a TV in the CD case!

Yeah I get art wankery but this is mental.  You didn't need to get that version of the album to listen to it.  Also I think the TV thing was more for him than the fans.  This is just saying, I only want rich people to own my sig guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nick13 said:
    Nick13 said:

Yeah I get art wankery but this is mental.  You didn't need to get that version of the album to listen to it.  Also I think the TV thing was more for him than the fans.  This is just saying, I only want rich people to own my sig guitar.
    Aren’t all sig guitars inherently pricy though? The Jake E Lee Charvel was about £3k last time I looked, likewise the Misha Mansoor and Chris Broderick Jacksons. There are some cheaper versions, granted - but on the whole, the cheaper versions aren’t the ones that the artists are actually playing.

Although I can think of a couple of exceptions - Matt Heafy and Jeff Waters both had signature Epiphones without a corresponding Gibson model... oh, and JoBo of course
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nick13 said:
    mental that folk havent heard of tool who must be one of the biggest bands of the last 20 odd years?!  Their last album came out at number one in the states and knocked Taylor Swift off the spot.  Thats pretty good going for a rock band these days.
    Speaking only for myself. I’d heard of Tool, but not heard Tool. Maybe thats why I didn’t have a clue who the guy was, when the thread came up. 
    You might be surprised to know how many really big, quite important within their genre/sub genre bands, that I’m unfamiliar with.. I suspect I’m not the only one..
    And I’m not really a ‘metal’ guy, either, in my defence.. I tend to listen to a lot of older, gentler music..
    Good news is that guys on here, who haven’t listened to Tool before, are now checking them out..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Nick13 said:
    Nick13 said:

Aren’t all sig guitars inherently pricy though? The Jake E Lee Charvel was about £3k last time I looked, likewise the Misha Mansoor and Chris Broderick Jacksons. There are some cheaper versions, granted - but on the whole, the cheaper versions aren’t the ones that the artists are actually playing.

Although I can think of a couple of exceptions - Matt Heafy and Jeff Waters both had signature Epiphones without a corresponding Gibson model... oh, and JoBo of course
    Well; he's not playing his sig either is he, he's using the originals.  
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Its got me thinking about the 'vintage thing again. 

I first saw became aware of tool from the undertow record in 1993, when I was 14 years old, as was that Silverburst guitar. 
  • I'm a huge Tool fan, but I've never wanted his exact guitar. I just wanted to know how he approached his sounds so I could find some inspiration.

Maybe it's coz I'm a lefty, but I don't really get the hype behind guitars. I love guitars sure, but there are so many out there that are good. You could make a killer album with something to say on a Squier.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    usedtobe said:
    Nick13 said:
    Speaking only for myself. I’d heard of Tool, but not heard Tool. Maybe thats why I didn’t have a clue who the guy was, when the thread came up. 
    You might be surprised to know how many really big, quite important within their genre/sub genre bands, that I’m unfamiliar with.. I suspect I’m not the only one..
    And I’m not really a ‘metal’ guy, either, in my defence.. I tend to listen to a lot of older, gentler music..
    Good news is that guys on here, who haven’t listened to Tool before, are now checking them out..

Yeah I get that not everyone knows all bands etc, I would also not say tool are metal either. Their music is very accessible which is another reason I'm surprised folk haven't heard of them.
    RaymondLin said:

I think that's a really cheap model, no carve, and in it's original form it's a budget Gibson.
    So what? It looks really cool... at least if you like hearts :).

The budget Gibsons aren't really constructed any differently (aside from differences in things like neck material) from one of these hugely expensive signature models. That's part of the attraction of something like a Tribute model - it's just a Standard without the trimmings, really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited October 2020
    ICBM said:
    RaymondLin said:

I think that's a really cheap model, no carve, and in it's original form it's a budget Gibson.
    So what? It looks really cool... at least if you like hearts .

The budget Gibsons aren't really constructed any differently (aside from differences in things like neck material) from one of these hugely expensive signature models. That's part of the attraction of something like a Tribute model - it's just a Standard without the trimmings, really.
    So...I mean it was a really cheap model, (and I also like the fact that Swift doesn't care about that and use it) but no doubt Gibson will reissue it and charge £5k !
  • I'm a huge Tool fan, but I've never wanted his exact guitar. I just wanted to know how he approached his sounds so I could find some inspiration.

Maybe it's coz I'm a lefty, but I don't really get the hype behind guitars. I love guitars sure, but there are so many out there that are good. You could make a killer album with something to say on a Squier.
    I'm in agreement of sorts.  FWIW, as interesting as his guitar sound might be, I'd say the really characteristic aspect of Tool (especially back in the 90's) were the crazy time signatures which IMO is where the real inspiration of the band lies.
    RaymondLin said:

So...I mean it was a really cheap model, (and I also like the fact that Swift doesn't care about that and use it) but no doubt Gibson will reissue it and charge £5k !
    Ah, yes - you're definitely right there :).